Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taking Budabot requests

Didn't like that last comment? I was just pointing out I had already done so, although with a different bot than you recommended...

I did notice you entirely avoided the question I posted in my edited message though...

Quote Originally Posted by Voriuste View Post
    Didn't like that last comment? I was just pointing out I had already done so, although with a different bot than you recommended...
    Yeah...but I could tell I got to ya :-D
    Budabot -> http://www.budabot.com
    {Edit by Yarkona: account status and gm actions are not for the open forum}

If you say so... Again avoidance of that topic though... Fear of getting hit with another ban hammer perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Voriuste View Post
    If you say so... Again avoidance of that topic though... Fear of getting hit with another ban hammer perhaps?
    Almost without fail every time I've "bested" someone on the forums, they feel the need to come at me and bait me with whatever they think I'm most sensitive to. It's almost like an imbalance and they feel like they won't get that balance back until they "get me back".

Anyway, I'm ending this. Have a nice night
    Budabot -> http://www.budabot.com
    {Edit by Yarkona: account status and gm actions are not for the open forum}

Bested someone? Oh god, you really think that is the case here don't you? In all honesty, I would run Vhabot over Budabot, if you think that suggesting such has 'bested' be, you are sorely mistaken.

My query on the topic of your Anarchy Online accounts being banned has nothing to do with anything else in this topic, purely an observation that it seems you are quite keen to avoid...

just curious, why would you run vhabot over budabot?

Rofl at bring up EULA in a bot thread...
    TL 7
    RK2 - Maxisolja - 220/24 Trox Soldier | RK2 - Blitztrick - 220/25 Soli Fixer E | RK2 - Krakenz - 220/21 Trox Keep
    RK1 - Shanue - 218/30 Opi MA | RK2 - Redenf5 - 218/22 Trox Enf | RK2 - Jrollin - 214/25 Opi Shade
    TL 5
    RK2 - Memorial - 170/16 Opi Engi | RK2 - Maxisfix - 168/21 Opi Fixer E
    RK1 - Clento - 150/20 Soli Soldier | RK1 - Losodoc - 150/20 Soli Doctor
    RK2 - Loso - 150/20 Opi Advy | RK2 - Tachun - 150/13 Opi MP
    RK1 - Krakenz - 150/15 Trox Advy | RK1 - Loso - 150/13 Trox Advyoo.
    TL5 Fixer Information | GMT -08:00 West Coast Canada | Java AO Chat API | Dnet

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    just curious, why would you run vhabot over budabot?
    Well first of all, bugs gets fixed in VhaBot it seems
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

When the coders feel like it.

When the coders feel like it.
    Bugs should always have priority over new features. How would it look like if you JUST add new features. And never fix bugs?

I'm just saying. IRC isn't a priority to budabot because it doesn't have much real use. And I agree some orgs may want it to connect to IRC, but if Tyrence feels its not big enough to fix for whatever reason, thats his prerogative. And either way, tbh, Iriche I wasn't really looking for your opinion on vhabot vs budabot since your hardly an unbiased party. I was asking Voriuste.

First of all, VhaBot vs Budabot doesn't belong in this topic.
    And personally, use Budabot. VhaBot is currently unmaintained.

This is getting fairly ridiculous, though...

Tyrence: are you honestly refusing to fix a bug in Budabot just to spite me?

I've pointed out exactly what the bug is, presented a case on how to reproduce it and even suggested a fix which I have determined to be fully functional.

Your first reaction was "it will break blob relay", however Budabot doesn't support relaying blobs.

And now you're downright refusing to fix it?

Unfortunately moderators removed my post offering to help you in resolving this issue.
    This offer still stands. I honestly just want this bug fixed for the sake of your users and my users.

Please take off your paranoia glasses.
    I'm not out to get you. I just want a single bug in budabot fixed.

And honestly, "bested" me?
    Here's how I replied to most your feature requests/bug reports: 1 2 3 4.
    You might notice how I acknowledge the issue and either fixed it or have shown an intention to fix it.

If you're thinking I'm out to get to you just because I declined a single Vha.Chat bug report, you're mistaken.
    Bug reports are not flamewars or ego boosts. They're just that, bug reports.
    Don't turn this into something it's not.

Just fix it and I won't say another sentence about it, other than: thank you.
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Mar 11th, 2011 at 09:24:19.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

ok at the "truce" offered by vhab, was it the same fix you posted on vhabot.net? because if so i will do my best to get it into budabot. no promises, ofc. but yes, the flamewar is unnecessary. Also, I was just curious as to why someone would switch to vhabot from budabot, or vice versa. They are just different bots that do different things. just wondering what was the exact reason for the switch.

Yes, that's the fix. Thank you.
    Formerly Vhab.

In all honesty Teeko, I'd rather use an unmaintained bot and maintain it myself than deal with a bot maintained by someone who is too arrogant to fix bugs when found, and solutions on how to fix them are given. Especially for such a simple fix. Part of the definition of maintaining a bot is doing things like that, so you end up with a choice between two unmaintained bots effectively.

Just my 2c on the matter.

Well, Tyrence is having me relay this: As of now, budabot does NOT support vha.chat because of the HTML it converts where the AO client does not. Budabot will not support the converting that vha.chat does because the AO client does not. Apparently he says if he fixes irc relay he will have to apply the same "fix" to all the other commands that take a text input like !items officer's. I'm not sure about it because I don't know much about it. But that is what I have been told and as of now budabot does not support vha.chat. You are free to change this in your bot to support vha.chat properly of course, as budabot is all open source. Also please remember you will have to make the same fix in all commands that have text input. Like the new commands for finding orgs based on names(not sure if implemented or not yet but it is being coded I know).
    Last edited by Teeko; Mar 11th, 2011 at 21:39:57.

Well, Tyrence is having me relay this: As of now, budabot does NOT support vha.chat because of the HTML it converts where the AO client does not. Budabot will not support the converting that vha.chat does because the AO client does not. Apparently he says if he fixes irc relay he will have to apply the same "fix" to all the other commands that take a text input like !items officer's. I'm not sure about it because I don't know much about it. But that is what I have been told and as of now budabot does not support vha.chat. You are free to change this in your bot to support vha.chat properly of course, as budabot is all open source. Also please remember you will have to make the same fix in all commands that have text input. Like the new commands for finding orgs based on names(not sure if implemented or not yet but it is being coded I know).
    Correction... The AO client does support (is compatible with) vha.chat, as it displays the ' character properly, even when typed with vha.chat.

As for not correcting the IRC relay: What does !commands have to do with the IRC relay? Surely, it would be preferable to get this decoding done properly all over, but it's fine to start one place (IRC relay) then expand to the rest, less pressing ones (!command).
    Last edited by Demoder; Mar 11th, 2011 at 21:53:24.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

@Teeko, a fix in the IRC relay will not affect other commands, since the bot will not parse all commands that way. It will just parse the messages sent with the IRC relay and nothing else. So what Tyrence is saying is completely wrong, there is no NEED to fix it on ALL places, the best thing would be to solve it in the core and parse the messages the correct way.
    But to fix single plugins works too, f.ex. the most vital once as Items/IRC Relay.

This is a most regrettable decision and a loss for all budabot users.

I've presented the solution on a silver platter.
    The only change is adding a single argument to a specific php function.
    This process can easily be done to all plugins using this function.
    A simple 'grep' will even tell you which plugins need to be modified.

It's also unfortunate Tyrence isn't telling this himself.
    Is there any particular reason behind this?

But as you're acting as his relay: would he consider fixing budabot if handed a .patch file containing all required changes?

Please don't spit in the face of your users just to spite me...
    Last edited by Vhaxx; Mar 11th, 2011 at 21:57:27.
    Formerly Vhab.

I don't know what he would do. I am relaying it because during this thread..he got banned from forums til like june or something. So I am just posting because he asked me to say that in regard to budabot. And we can stop directing comments and "corrections" to me. I know nothing of the code and have said that multiple times over. I don't pretend to know it. I am just relaying the message for tyrence.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast