Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: CCP making changes to EULA and multi boxing rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Peltiperse View Post
    You are so wrong. If I'm "max-twinked" and 15 people click ASSIST on me, tell me what I can do? I will be dead in 1 or 2 seconds. The same result also if I get tripled by 3x NT's that are multiboxed.
    That's so awesome gameplay, isn't it?
    that is indeed tricky situation... get some healers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZIC...EreqzCWfQ_GiLw

The multi-boxing issue is contentious, as we all well know. However, there is some behavior continuing in these threads that needs to stop.

First, do not accuse people of cheating without proof, it is a serious accusation and continuing to do it will be cited for EULA/Code of Conduct violation and Harassment. Multi-boxing has been stated by management to not be cheating, so continuing to call people who use it cheating (regardless of your opinion of its effect on the game) is not acceptable.

Second, start being MUCH more polite. There has been some pretty serious insults being thrown around, many of which are FAR from appropriate, and continually coming from the same people, who are repeatedly arguing the same statements back and forth with no change except the escalating insults. If this behavior is continued, some people will receive a cooling off period from the forums.

Thank you.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

It doesn't sound that hard coding wise to disable assist against pvp targets only. It isn't any more of a stretch RP-wise than suppression gas. It couldn't hurt to try it out on test, at least.
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Except for a handful of occurrences in history where technology/tactics/preparedness/terrain knowledge provided significant force multipliers, bigger numbers trump smaller numbers.

Therefore, for all intents and purposes, anyone who wants to compete should realise now, not later, that to stay competitive requires upping the numbers you bring to the fight.

While I don't like it, I see the obvious.

Being competitive in Notum wars is not all about big numbers and bruteforce, it is possible to win by bringing froobies and gimps to NW as well.
    Unfair numbers is common and can happens in every wars. How to resolves the problem where the enemy outnumbering you and your men to 3vs1 or 5vs1 are explained in the art of war, which i have tested many times and can confirm it is working in AO.
    Last edited by UNIDENTIFIED; Dec 11th, 2014 at 01:44:56.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Blame it on the power creep. Original froob AO without combined armor, perks, and massive amounts of evades were very quick affairs fight wise. But in todays game a 1 on 1 fight can take 10min or more versus 2 evenly matched toons.

Numbers will always win if you have enough of an advantage. No one can get mad at someone for making a billion dollar toon that is unhittable/unperkable/unkillable. But at same time don't get mad when someone makes 3-5 accounts and molly wops that billion dollar toon using the only special attack that you cant dodge.

I mean its not like you cant have an engi with blockers on standy by to eat those specials and then start killing the opponents.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I mean its not like you cant have an engi with blockers on standy by to eat those specials and then start killing the opponents.
    Could work if blockers would only block hard hitting specials. No one uses AS as first hit.

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    Could work if blockers would only block hard hitting specials. No one uses AS as first hit.
    There's no question engie's are useful - if not necessity in countering the FOTM (atrox fixers). but, there is no ONE class that counters atrox fixers in game right now with the possible exception of NT's.

The unfortunate reality though, is that NT's are in a weakened state for everything else.

In my PVP MB team my engi is integral, it gets eaten first but you can put up a half decent fight some of the time. But, as any engi/doc knows... it's goddamn hard to stay alive for longer than a minute or two in mass PVP in any kind of situation where there is even vague coordination.

In situations where coordination is limited a team with a bit of healing and an engi is remarkably capable of getting rid of uncoordinated defenders/attackers though.

Credit to Dwix and Artyomis though... they are the only two guys who actually know how to use an MR fixer toolset to near 100% efficacy (omniside anyway), while I don't like to admit it, both of those guys have single handedly taken out my whole 5 man box more than once.

Ofc I'm no pro PVPer like those guys... but even still it's not like my toons are 'gimpy' ... so credit where credit is due.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Credit to Dwix and Artyomis though... they are the only two guys who actually know how to use an MR fixer toolset to near 100% efficacy (omniside anyway), while I don't like to admit it, both of those guys have single handedly taken out my whole 5 man box more than once.
    This honesty shows a level of maturity is rare when it comes to this issue. Thank you.

I have used my MP (that is a non tigress MP fyi) to take out a 3 man MB team on testserver so I know it's reasonable for a more dedicated pvp toon to wreak a MB group. The main tactical advantage is that the MB toons won't be able to use their full toolset other than Q or keybind perk alphas with any type of speed. It's not that hard to figure out ways to make MB not worth the effort, but people are soooo set in their ways of "this is how it's done" they fail to adapt or even consider new strategies for combat.

It's such a shame that PVP in AO has degenerated into alpha fest epeen with little to no strategy. I have posted a few hints but it's not worth trying to help people who can't see the forest through the trees because they can not possibly comprehend there is more than 1 way to skin a cat.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    This honesty shows a level of maturity is rare when it comes to this issue. Thank you.

I have used my MP (that is a non tigress MP fyi) to take out a 3 man MB team on testserver so I know it's reasonable for a more dedicated pvp toon to wreak a MB group. The main tactical advantage is that the MB toons won't be able to use their full toolset other than Q or keybind perk alphas with any type of speed. It's not that hard to figure out ways to make MB not worth the effort, but people are soooo set in their ways of "this is how it's done" they fail to adapt or even consider new strategies for combat.

It's such a shame that PVP in AO has degenerated into alpha fest epeen with little to no strategy. I have posted a few hints but it's not worth trying to help people who can't see the forest through the trees because they can not possibly comprehend there is more than 1 way to skin a cat.
    I think you're actually right in that statement, (yes I've taken you off ignore) I find the complaint I hear the most about MB in NW is that your guild fights and gains a shiny new 250-300 base, only to be attacked 18 hours a day every single day for month by one singular player like lonelycrat did, now while they can be spanked etc,
    They have a tenacity to keep coming back when they coast is clear. While I admire that commitment; players that on average play for 2-6 hours a day, on many different toons have other things to do in game other than spend all of that time on maybe one or two toons tuned for pvp for all of that time.
    To the point where they are saying, base isn't worth the grief; let them have it.
    If we consider that the towers them self's are now considered by many to be only practically worthwhile for twinking or that last few points in a stat you can manage without, eg the LE huds/12man buff and all the other items the game has gained since 2002 give a similar benefit.

If without boxing that same singular player wanted to spend 18 hours day everyday for weeks attacking a base, they would have to bring others into the fight and slowly but surely those wing-men, and raid-point bots numbers dwindle, or ebb and flow at least.

Currently the base just isn't worth the time it takes to keep it unless a player is 100% pvp focused. And most subs/forum users are not.
    I'll reff that to the recent.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...-first-edition!

Looks pretty clear that, although people don't like the current situation, they would prefer something else.
    Of course, someone with several accounts has several times the voting power of a single account user.

So in that poll 7 more votes for "new inf mission" decided the outcome. Take what you want from that result.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    I think you're actually right in that statement, (yes I've taken you off ignore)
    Wow, just wow, that was very big of you to say that, thank you. Actually made me smile knowing you can be reasonable.

I find the complaint I hear the most about MB in NW is that your guild fights and gains a shiny new 250-300 base, only to be attacked 18 hours a day every single day for month by one singular player like lonelycrat did, now while they can be spanked etc,
    I agree with that also. I know it sucks. It's supposed to suck. But considering that even neutrals without 300 towers can twink into alpha symbs, I think towers are more symbolic now a days anyway.

I remember NW launch and literally defending my org towers daily. I decided long ago it was not worth the stress unless I had 15-20 dedicated pvp tower defending PLAYERS in the org ready to fight daily if need be. I don't think any org can reasonably expect to have and hold a tower for ever with out those kind of numbers. If you can't defend against a tower blitz from multiple orgs you don't deserve the tower imo. If you have to depend on other orgs to help you defend every time your CT gets disabled, you don't deserve the tower imo also. But that is just my opinion and not reality.

Currently the base just isn't worth the time it takes to keep it unless a player is 100% pvp focused. And most subs/forum users are not.
    I'll reff that to the recent.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...-first-edition!

Looks pretty clear that, although people don't like the current situation, they would prefer something else.
    Of course, someone with several accounts has several times the voting power of a single account user.

So in that poll 7 more votes for "new inf mission" decided the outcome. Take what you want from that result.
    Very true again, you and I are batting 1000 today. I think players want the prestige of owning a tower but don't want the responsibility of owning a tower. Meaning if you have a tower you should expect it to be attacked, poked, or prodded every minute of every day it is open to attack. That's the work you have to put in for the benefit. I don't think that should be easy. Again that's just my opinion.

To my knowledge there are only 3 neut orgs that have ever held a 250+ tower on rk1 before the merge (Elite ops, The Union, Wolf Brigade), when my org had one it was literally a placeholder gift to prevent the other side from planting. We held it for 4 days lol. I think I could probably partner up with some folks and get a 200+ tower relatively easy, but the work in keeping it is just too much like unpaid work for me.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    If this behavior is continued, some people will receive a cooling off period from the forums.
    Walter puts in a more direct fashion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z0Pm7tccvc
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

This is less of a pvm issue and more of a pvp one. The way pvp works in AO makes this extremely exploitable, killing off entire teams without counterplay with a team of nano technicians is not good for the game.

Even if it's for isolated incidents, something needs to be done.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    The multi-boxing issue is contentious, as we all well know. However, there is some behavior continuing in these threads that needs to stop.

First, do not accuse people of cheating without proof, it is a serious accusation and continuing to do it will be cited for EULA/Code of Conduct violation and Harassment. Multi-boxing has been stated by management to not be cheating, so continuing to call people who use it cheating (regardless of your opinion of its effect on the game) is not acceptable.

Second, start being MUCH more polite. There has been some pretty serious insults being thrown around, many of which are FAR from appropriate, and continually coming from the same people, who are repeatedly arguing the same statements back and forth with no change except the escalating insults. If this behavior is continued, some people will receive a cooling off period from the forums.

Thank you.
    Then rework EULA if management decided even if EULA show it is, that MB is to not be cheating.
    You use it with code of conduct violation and harassment to condemned some people BUT you avoid it about the multiboxing issue and refer to something management decided (after ediction of EULA). Then clarifiy it
    Last edited by dritst; Dec 14th, 2014 at 16:41:58.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Quote Originally Posted by dritst View Post
    Then rework EULA if management decided even if EULA show it is, that MB is to not be cheating.
    You use it with code of conduct violation and harassment to condemned some people BUT you avoid it about the multiboxing issue and refer to something management decided (after ediction of EULA). Then clarifiy it
    Yeah basically, double standards everywhere lately with game bugs and exploiting, I can only conclude that it depends who your friends are when decisions are made, I'm not going to expand on that other than I really won't be spending any more money with this company in future.
    Unless I eventually have enough to buy the game and sell it to a company that can run it properly. Enough to withstand the loss I'd make doing so.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

There have been exceptions with certain types of "EULA violations" at least since ClickSaver came about, many years ago. There's no "double standard" as much as there is an acknowledgement of an old game with old mechanics that needs some exceptions to the EULA made by FC's Management to clarify the policy on certain things. Multiboxing isn't cheating as per their definition/decision. Injecting code into AO's MessageProtocol.dll so we can have Clicksaver and AOIA working is also not cheating.

Asking for a policy change on this is fair enough if you think it warrants one. Accepting that FC (and many players, too) can disagree with you and not grant/support your request is just as fair.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

multiboxing clearly is causing more positive than negative things. For example i don't have to buy lootrights from gang bangers since i can just go with my own characters. And on top of that fc is making solid revenue because of people using multiple accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Voiran View Post
    multiboxing clearly is causing more positive than negative things. For example i don't have to buy lootrights from gang bangers since i can just go with my own characters. And on top of that fc is making solid revenue because of people using multiple accounts.
    Could you provide the account status logs you've seen then ?
    All the cancelled ones v all the active ones.

Could you provide the account status logs you've seen then ?
    All the cancelled ones v all the active ones.
    i dont really need to see them to be sure about the fact. It's all based on things that many other players have told me. On daily base i hear a lot of people saying how multiboxer helped them(for free) to do beast and etc stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-zpOMYRi0w
    Last edited by Voiran; Dec 14th, 2014 at 19:44:48.

Quote Originally Posted by Voiran View Post
    i dont really need to see them to be sure about the fact. It's all based on things that many other players have told me. On daily base i hear a lot of people saying how multiboxer helped them(for free) to do beast and etc stuff.
    So it's just a religious/hearsay/anecdotal thing for you... As you you don't actually have any facts, just an opinion and having heard some of your "opinions" they are elitist and sexist and have subsequently been rightfully removed, so if you don't mind I'll just pass on what you call "facts"

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast