Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: Engelens MA Guide

There are so many PvP related things in this guide that are quite wrong.
    Nobody is perfect, I'm Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Taikwandodo View Post
    There are so many PvP related things in this guide that are quite wrong.
    Last edited by Engelen; Aug 18th, 2006 at 13:07:35..

Please feel free to make a guide that has been updated sometime in the past 6 years. Some info may be outdated, but this was quite an excellent guide during its time.

I would do that someday! Btw, 461K views, this is like ... insane.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Quote Originally Posted by Soliartist View Post
    I would do that someday! Btw, 461K views, this is like ... insane.
    someday?
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

Really folks, Engelen's Guide was created in 2006. Most of us have used this guide at one time. Most of the principles are the same, baring some weapon changes over the last few years. Engelen is not a huge PVP fanatic, if you want a guide on PVP, look some of 'Seductiveones' guides. You would have to Google it.
    Engelen returned to the game last year for a short period, but found himself lost in the many changes, and possibly will return again. I will have to say one thing, when he plays the game he refuses to buy loot rights, or even get given anything for free. He is one of the few players that want to grind and earn his own keep. So, any guide he has made is made out of analyzing every aspect of the profession and game.
    So yes, it needs updated, but if it does get updated, I would hope it would be by someone who has put the same dedication into the player experience vs taking shortcuts.
    President of Elements of Destruction, Omni (http://www.elementsofdestruction.com/)
    Vhabot NextGeneration Developer (http://vhabot.com)
    AO-Central Developer (coming soon)
    Notable toons:

Big "Kilmanagh" Kahuna (220 AI 30 LE 70 MA)
    Office "Reinke" Space (220 AI 30 Crat)
    Femme "Wrangler" Fatale (220 Trader)
    Doctor "Obgyn" Feelgood (220 AI 30 Doctor)
    The "Ubri" Vladinator (220 MP)
    Ted "Nuge" Nugent (215 Advy)
    Weekend "USAF" Warrior (211 Sol)
    Shelby "Sarasota" Lynn (150 AI 20 Fixer)
    Soul "Megadeath" Reaper (201 Shade)

I am currently leveling up a MA, just want to make sure its ok that if I find something to add I can put it here. Don't want to step on any toes!

If you find something, go for it. Most likely people will already know, this guide was last updated 7 years ago.

I remember Divine creating a PvP MA Thread too. He didn't simply make it from his sole experience but with, then again iIrc, the help of other MAs. Although I never really took the time to examine it. :P

Edit: Now that I come to think about it it'd take much more than just a TL7 PvP MA guide but yeah, it'd be best to start up a category, each of us, in what we excell and then gather intel and make something consistent out of it.
    Last edited by Soliartist; Nov 10th, 2013 at 14:45:57.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

WTB new MA guide, I want to make an excellent 220 MA, I see in 220 BS MA is quite good, but especially at PVM i find this 2003 guide quite lacking.

Le procs are diffrent, weapons are diffrent, special attacks are changed, deflect is a major thing,.

So many things, wtb some pro to explain it. I want MA to be better than shade so i have an excuse to play this awesome profession.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

*sigh*

Then practise and learn it on your own like everybody else did!

You want a guide including things that were patched not even three months ago?
    Be your own guest!

So much "I want" in your post.
    But wait, do you really want it?
    Then, with all copyright infringement respected, sir, I'd suggest you "Just do it".

When will people (re)learn to make things progress with their own involvement, be it as little as their true will to get better.
    Martial Artists players used to be proud to learn on their own and be respected for what they did themselves.
    No wonder most players will consider most MAs to be whack nowadays. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    WTB new MA guide, I want to make an excellent 220 MA, I see in 220 BS MA is quite good, but especially at PVM i find this 2003 guide quite lacking.

Le procs are diffrent, weapons are diffrent, special attacks are changed, deflect is a major thing,.

So many things, wtb some pro to explain it. I want MA to be better than shade so i have an excuse to play this awesome profession.
    Equip Tonfa/VFB. Max all relevant skills. Pop AL, Moonmist, FotwF, FoB, press Q, and wait for it to die ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Thank you Sir, I am just doing it!

I feel MA has potential, and with some input i'd be better. I am doing everything I can, and I wanna do even better job by finding out how others do it better.

When I say want I mean want, not demand. I would appreciate it. I'd be grateful if such tips existed.

Offcourse learning it is entirely possible. I am doing just that.

I find MA very rewarding to play, and I wanna do it better.

I place no demands on MA community just humble questions of great:

Profession*title: Guru (TitleLevel 7)
    Profession: Martial Artist

who might want to shed light on path before me traveled.

Edit:

"Equip Tonfa/VFB. Max all relevant skills. Pop AL, Moonmist, FotwF, FoB, press Q, and wait for it to die ?"

Lol Yeah and it kinda works too!
    Last edited by Cratertina; Jul 6th, 2015 at 20:53:31. Reason: added quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112