Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what do sold able to kill at 220 !

what do sold able to kill at 220 !

am concerned about PVP from what i heard enf can kill sold at 220 (shimka told me he can kill any sold but exter ) all i C that sold turned to PVM
    we already had engi , NT , advi as nemisis so y FC added trader !
    not to mention that most of the other toons can get ride of us
    FC Turned sold to PVM toon , all toons get improved and sold not getting any improvment latly but some AR
    y don't we get more option like all other toons . . .
    y don't we getting real improvment like other toons , all toons getting PVP improvment and we getting PVM one or one that seem to help but really totaly useless
    and plz what is the point of (Pierce Nerves)? we already kill the shade at any lvl easily !

thing that i don't y sold don't ask for it
    1-our perks all be projectile
    2-we get nano that add 500-800 NR for 4-10 sec and lockout for 3min or so , so we have option vs nano casters
    3-stam buff for sold with the HD nano to improve our HD ticks since itis our secondary deffence after AMS

so if any one have suggesstion go on plz

Are you soldier version of randomletter?

And yes, soldiers really need luv, same for MPs and NTs.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

:-(
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Don't forget 'Crats while you're at it.
    "Many hamsters died to bring you this post.

The servers are up and running." - Pharamond

Random, you sound like a keeper or fixer.

Soldiers are fine in PvP. Unless you're all foamed out and chromed out like say, Ocene, you're going to die a lot. However, the people who kill you will probably die a lot, too.

If this were a single player game, not having the ability to be indestructible would be a problem. But when you're in a PvP environment, everyone around you is another living, breathing human being - unless it's a tower - and Funcom would be grossly negligent if they did not ensure people had the ability to kill as well as be killed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Random, you sound like a keeper or fixer.

Soldiers are fine in PvP. Unless you're all foamed out and chromed out like say, Ocene, you're going to die a lot. However, the people who kill you will probably die a lot, too.

If this were a single player game, not having the ability to be indestructible would be a problem. But when you're in a PvP environment, everyone around you is another living, breathing human being - unless it's a tower - and Funcom would be grossly negligent if they did not ensure people had the ability to kill as well as be killed.
    i understand but recently we didn't get real improvment while other porf gets so we going down they r going up don't like the sold in the bottom
    enf got improved mongo (it was double best mongo they had)
    trader got nerf drains and BR and stuff
    MP got very pwerfull shield
    ma go nerf sai attack
    and etc
    tell me what did we get . . . . + 3% reflect at ams com'n we already don't die under ams or the more 50 AR while every other prof using now Research Attunement Device - Defense !
    we didn't get any thing that u can mention recently the heal nano would be real improvment but it didn't make it to the game
    belive or not sold at PVP going down at 220 at least !
    and btw my only toon is TL5 sold and i luv sold so much and have experience about 220ish PVP enviroment from lots TL7 RL frineds
    Last edited by randomalpha; Jul 28th, 2008 at 20:42:38.

I agree soljas houdl get some better NR. can't be right that friggin half the populaion in bs can either bypass completely or strip soldiers only defense at the click of one button.

Anyhow.. at tl5 I find that if you have good AR AND max range.. And I must stress that 40m range is a must, then you can beat nt's. Traders are worse ofc. If they know what they are doing you just can't win @ tl5. Would be nice if the trader had to face at least a small risk that br might not land. But thta's just me. FC likes the rock, scissor paper kind of pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by samsunggg View Post
    friggin half the populaion in bs can either bypass completely or strip soldiers only defense at the click of one button.
    50% of the people on BS are Traders or NTs?

Really?

Because the other 50% are ... Soldiers.

I guess its possible, since 0% are my fixer, doc and shade.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Actually, FC better make a nemesis nano anti-Sol for each of other profession, clearing the BS of those pesky walking dsharks doesn't hurt at all.
    ᖧ-Flynicist-ᖨ
    Grenade

Rushing where angels fear to tread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukkiaa View Post
    i understand but recently we didn't get real improvment while other porf gets so we going down they r going up don't like the sold in the bottom
    enf got improved mongo (it was double best mongo they had)
    trader got nerf drains and BR and stuff
    MP got very pwerfull shield
    ma go nerf sai attack
    and etc
    tell me what did we get . . . . + 3% reflect at ams com'n we already don't die under ams or the more 50 AR while every other prof using now Research Attunement Device - Defense !
    we didn't get any thing that u can mention recently the heal nano would be real improvment but it didn't make it to the game
    belive or not sold at PVP going down at 220 at least !
    and btw my only toon is TL5 sold and i luv sold so much and have experience about 220ish PVP enviroment from lots TL7 RL frineds
    How is getting more AR a bad thing if every1 is apparently using the Defense Device? Surely in that case more AR is the best thing that can happen? Dunno bout you but i would like more chance to land decent FAs, the more of them i get the more chance the other person is gonna die.

More NR would be nice, but I honestly can't see too much wrong with getting more AR. HD from Total Combat Survival aint too shabby either...

Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    tell me what did we get . . . .
    I'll be happy to tell you.

We've gotten

• 2 good assualt rifles, which were badly needed.
    • 340 more assualt rifle skill from LE release to now (I don't consider ofab pants, since no top geared soldier uses them), quite arguably the biggest skill boost of any profession out there (keep in mind that excludes AAO).
    • Huge skill boosts to our specials, which are our bread and butter in PvP
    • More reflects in terms of a back item
    • Tons of HP, and a new HP nano to boot.

Thats only a little bit compared to whats been given since LE release. Now keep in mind, I wouldn't mind for more improvements.

The dodge debuffs in our perks are nice, but the perkline itself is really lackluster in terms of damage dealing. Power Up is there to somewhat cope with it, but of course it means more IP spending to do so. I wouldn't mind having HR upped to 10 perks, in exchange for one big damage perk at 10, along with Napalm Spray being scalable.

Defense wise, having only one real defense (HP isn't considered a defense unless it gets into the extremes like enfs have) always has huge drawbacks, and mainly crats, soldiers, shades, enfs and fixers are stuck with that (traders have none and enfs can't be considered having 2 with way coon works). Having at least 2 defenses should always be given to any profession, even though you would get rivers of tears from others saying, 'they already have X, why are you giving them Y?'

As terms of adding extra defense, an NR boost would be nice, barring the use of the NR perkline, as nanos are a big thing hit to soldier's survival. Having the ability to somewhat boost it, but avoid stacking it with an extremely powerful perkline would be a nice addition imo.

Personally, i wouldn't mind seeing AMS 5 get switched to an extension of our normal SL reflect line, with a self aura every 5 seconds of 40%, and team aura of 30% that lasts 10 mins and pulses every 2 mins. The nano casting changes in 17.10, if they can get it right, wouldn't cause a problem if those refresh cycles were implemented.

One thing i also feel that soldiers lack a bit, is the ability to shutdown defenses, yeah, we got a dodge debuffs, but if the AAD is too high, they don't help much with debuffing, instead of going with nanos with that, I wouldn't mind having guns to do that, although with a hit of their damage in exchange for debuffs, and only limit them to a few, perhaps like upgrades to our Hellspinner/Hellfury guns of old.
    Last edited by Spartanx9; Jul 29th, 2008 at 08:12:19.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

stop using your RI then if its not good enough in shutting down defenses!!!

<insert lots of swearing>

Add RI and the fixed power combo in the list.

Also the main effect of LE is that you can use your assault rifle in pvp. Before LE no way you could do anything relevant without a carbine and AS.

Now for the advantages soldiers gives, there is disadvantages. Solds are vulnerable to debuffs and will stay so. Because for physical fighting, they are unmatched. Our NR sucking is indeed a part of the proff, we need to get over it. Same for healing.

Now I wished that the extended one more hit made it ingame, it was too much as it was on test but it's a second strategy to use.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Yeah, most of the people saying "nerf dshark blablabla", only see solds from their perspective, grey dudes running around throwing some FA/Burst around that can be dangerous when you already have to deal with some other people.

From our point of view, those specials are highly unreliable against people with good defenses, mainly professions with good evades, namely traders, nts, advies, fixers, keepers, bureaucrats, shades, martial artists... and wow, as crazy as it seems, that's already like half the existing professions ingame... And beside those two not so strong specials we have a few perks, that are known not to be very effective, and even more important, that are split amongst more than five different damage types, without any being the one of your main weapon... And what professions use cocoons already ? oh yeah, all nanomages, enforcers, keepers, engineers, adventurers...

And that's just about the offense, as it has already been said thousands of times, ams always seem strong when you jump on a sold and are not able to insta wtfpwn him because he had the good idea to use it a bit before your got to him. But once again, from our perspective our defence has obivous and big flaws, namely all the ways to go around it like NT nukes, traders, or engineers and its limited duration.

So well, seen from a sold point of view, on BS I have people that can easily tank me during AMS duration - thanks to their evades (all evade professions named before), rhanks to their very high hp and heals, (agents, docs), or thanks to their ability to absorb my alpha and then just wait it out, (engineers, keepers, enforcers) - and then kill me during the cooldown or just ignore the ams alltogether ...

What profession is there left, that is easy for us sold to kill ? oh wait, none ... Some do not represent some very high threats either, but that is true for everyone.

So soldiers are in a general way very very far from being at the very top of the pvp food chain at TL7, in 1 vs 1 situations at least. How do they get so high kill numbers ? well quite simply from the fact that if you twink you special skills and your AR, you'll be able to land a lot of FA/burst quickly on people having not worked much on their toon's defense, and when others finish killing them you tend to get the point, end of story.

A long post but to conclude, my point was that soldiers seem strong in the BS, because while leveling from 210 to 220, and even at 220 "pre-heavy twinking", they have a relatively easy time pressing FA/burst and sometimes getting results, on other non-twinks or leveling people while being hard to kill under ams, but when a sold gets to fight other people truly mastering their professions, 220s having truly spent time working on their toons, he has a very tough time.

Edit : Just to add what I would like to see coming for us soldiers, the ability to make all our Dmg perks use the same dmg type, like a special ability, item, or something, and maybe a way to get some NR
    Last edited by Dolfindwe; Jul 30th, 2008 at 00:01:57.

"What profession is there left, that is easy for us sold to kill ? oh wait, none"

Screwed over for the last time.

Go find a new game to play, this one no longer deserves respect.

Did I post it here yet:

:-(

?
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

We all know Sold are the nerfest & can't kill anyone FA/burst/AS combo is uber crap !!! we need triple ! Damnit we need something that always cap 30% hp my FA sometimes only drain 10% only :S that sux.

Berets!

xD
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

woa!!! I cant believe you guys actualy made a thread like this... All you soldiers that is crying and saying "we need love"...GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! Look at those poor fixers and all thoe other professions that didnt get anything from FC for a long time...look at traders! there arent much traders left becouse they didnt inprove but people STILL play them! ...look at engis, they didnt get nay new stuff since I dont even remember!! To be honest soldiers are 1 of the proffs that got the most love over the years along with MP!!...so plz shut it up and open youre eyes and man up a little. *sigh* ....You can start youre whineing how bull**** I am and how im not right...we all know soldiers were one of FCs fav. !!!! When even the tought of not getting enough love comes into youre mind goahead and start thinking about traders those poor traders...have a good day

Quote Originally Posted by momokalex View Post
    woa!!! I cant believe you guys actualy made a thread like this... All you soldiers that is crying and saying "we need love"...GIVE ME A BREAK!!!! Look at those poor fixers and all thoe other professions that didnt get anything from FC for a long time...look at traders! there arent much traders left becouse they didnt inprove but people STILL play them! ...look at engis, they didnt get nay new stuff since I dont even remember!! To be honest soldiers are 1 of the proffs that got the most love over the years along with MP!!...so plz shut it up and open youre eyes and man up a little. *sigh* ....You can start youre whineing how bull**** I am and how im not right...we all know soldiers were one of FCs fav. !!!! When even the tought of not getting enough love comes into youre mind goahead and start thinking about traders those poor traders...have a good day
    Take a chill pill

"randomalpha
    Eleet

Does not equal "guys" plural
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast