Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: It is over 20 000!!!Yes, notum repulsor nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    QQ all you like, but the perkline isn't a viable choice, really, for anyone.
    That needs attention (as do most general lines)
    I partly agree. It needs to be reworked into a perkline that can be part of a persistent setup. It could be achieved by reducing by a great deal both the hindrances and the NR buff.
    And I think the fact we don't have the General perkline doc yet means they are actively reworking them all. Though I'm afraid they won't release that doc before all the professions nano sheets are out.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

You guys need land back to Earth for a moment and think a bit.

Firstly, anything that shuts down any prof shouldn't be in this game. NR8 exists and it's stupidly OP. Nothing should give any sort of 20K numbers for anything, whether that's AAD, NR or whatever.

On the other hand a lot of profs feel the need to resist a bit more existing nukes/debuffs etc.
    Asking to spend 8 perks where people spend 2 is also very egocentric and it's not viable.

So I say, make Notum Repulsor like Freak Strength: 3 perks max.

First 2 perks give what NR2 gives, but lessen the drawbacks.
    Third perk should be what NR4 gives, but should have drawbacks. You can decide whether it's nano skills, AAD or AAO ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    You guys need land back to Earth for a moment and think a bit.

Firstly, anything that shuts down any prof shouldn't be in this game. NR8 exists and it's stupidly OP. Nothing should give any sort of 20K numbers for anything, whether that's AAD, NR or whatever.

On the other hand a lot of profs feel the need to resist a bit more existing nukes/debuffs etc.
    Asking to spend 8 perks where people spend 2 is also very egocentric and it's not viable.

So I say, make Notum Repulsor like Freak Strength: 3 perks max.

First 2 perks give what NR2 gives, but lessen the drawbacks.
    Third perk should be what NR4 gives, but should have drawbacks. You can decide whether it's nano skills, AAD or AAO ones.
    This at least goes in the right direction.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

Whilst scaling it back is as good an idea as any, adding more debuffs is just as viable.

That said, if NR actually gets fixed one day, theres really no need for 20K NR anyway.

Im still not unconvinced that its like that to work around the games "random mechanics".
    Omutb - President - Ring of Destruction

If you only knew the power of the Frosted Strawberry Poptart....

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more; Or close the wall up with our English dead." - because Wales just isnt a country

Chernobyl, providing the freshest bottled water since 1986, for that healthy green glow.

Nothing is wrong with this perkline. Sure, it's annoying running into a nr8 toon when I'm on my NT, but they have craptastic runspeed, AR, can't cast anything, goes splat to any other toon.

What's the big problem here?

On the many times I've been on my NT, I rarely ever come across NR8 toons, if someone wants to sacrifice everything just to be immune to me then who cares, so be it. Let them go splat to everything else.

I've never tried NR8 on any toon actually and I don't think I ever will considering how much it nerfs you.

It's a trend with you, seeing nothing wrong in whatever bestows flat immunity to something...
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

Quote Originally Posted by weltall View Post
    nothing is wrong with this perkline. Sure, it's annoying running into a nr8 toon when i'm on my nt, but they have craptastic runspeed, ar, can't cast anything, goes splat to any other toon.

What's the big problem here?

On the many times i've been on my nt, i rarely ever come across nr8 toons, if someone wants to sacrifice everything just to be immune to me then who cares, so be it. Let them go splat to everything else.

I've never tried nr8 on any toon actually and i don't think i ever will considering how much it nerfs you.

qft.
    Livesinglory Keeper lvl 49
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179
    Liveswarping Engi lvl 220
    Livesfixing Fixer lvl 160

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    oh man up abit, Ive done BS petless with intel pistols
    Against 3 NTs? ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    1) You really can't get your knowledge of NR right, can you? How is it even possible? I gave you every tool you needed to make a claim that could at least be based on real numbers, including auno link, and still you manage to fail on having the right numbers. Do I really need to book a plane ticket, get to your place and do the two or three click needed to use auno on your own computer?
    2) Doing competitive dmg? What does nanodamage have to do in any way with NR? Oh wait, let me guess, you had absolutely no idea damage on nukes aren't influenced by the amount of nanoskills?
    3) The nanos of NR2 NTs still lands thanks to CB.
    1) ah I see its 600, at any rate the simple fact that I as an ma (one of the most likely classes to actualy use NR) dont know about it in great detail off the top of my head is, if anything, a sign of how little it is actualy used. And why is it so rarely used you ask? Because generaly the benifits simply do not outweigh the penalties. But your tears have simply blinded you from seeing reason, all you know is you cant press 5 buttons to get your kill so whatever is causing that to happen needs to be nerfed ASAP.

2) And this is, very simply, yet another /facepalm moment. - 600 nanoskills means you wont (or shouldnt) be able to land nukes as often or be able to cast your higest ones. If you can cast your highest ones or even land your nukes reliably with a -600 debuff on your MAIN ATTACK SKILL then that is, if anything, VERY clear evedince that nt's are extreamly overpowerd and need some sevear nerfing. (PS: lol at your mc not effecting your nukes dmg, id say how often your nuke lands is very signifigant to how much dmg it is able to do, if not you wouldnt be qq'ing about NR)

3) And this is one of the biggest problems with NT's. CB. It is blatently overpowerd. You sit here and scream and cry about how its op that somone can become more or less immune to your type of dmg despite whatever saccrifices they make to do so while at the same time pretending that its totaly balanced and ok for you to be able to utterly strip a profs one and only form of defence against you from them while you make absolutly no sacrifices to do so. Your stupidity is utterly astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    2) And this is, very simply, yet another /facepalm moment. - 600 nanoskills means you wont (or shouldnt) be able to land nukes as often or be able to cast your higest ones. If you can cast your highest ones or even land your nukes reliably with a -600 debuff on your MAIN ATTACK SKILL then that is, if anything, VERY clear evedince that nt's are extreamly overpowerd and need some sevear nerfing. (PS: lol at your mc not effecting your nukes dmg, id say how often your nuke lands is very signifigant to how much dmg it is able to do, if not you wouldnt be qq'ing about NR)
    I seen plenty of NR2 agents,ma's etc
    they can cast everything needed without being a Nanoskill-class even, nerf them?
    3) And this is one of the biggest problems with NT's. CB. It is blatently overpowerd. You sit here and scream and cry about how its op that somone can become more or less immune to your type of dmg despite whatever saccrifices they make to do so while at the same time pretending that its totaly balanced and ok for you to be able to utterly strip a profs one and only form of defence against you from them while you make absolutly no sacrifices to do so. Your stupidity is utterly astounding.
    Simple, nt's have about 2500-2700 ar at 220.
    every toon can easly get over 2K nr cuz of tools like NR1-HHAB-etc
    add the AAD that everyone has.... and we cant perk ANYONE.

and about nukeing , u think playing nt should be a game of luck? Dont expect anything to land on anyone good withoud useing CB first.

Quote Originally Posted by Djiax View Post
    MassD is right here X-Styx, IU nukes deal less dmg versus engy's reflects then double spam, and NS2 is very easely countered by NSD, combined to the fact that being rooted under NS2, you can't kite pets, and they wtfpwn you . . . So in the end since you won t be using NS2 you just lose some DPS.
    offtopic abitt but...

-No doubles will ever odd IU, cuz nt's dont just spam 1 button. IU is used in combination with DM.
    -NSD doesnt "counter" ns2 , it only removes 48% and... u do have sorbs and static reflects and nbg to stack it with, enough to tank a engi with pets.
    -Kiteing? if u can kite a engi he should learn to use his snares.
    nt's dont have to kite engis they are the only class that can tank and kill them.
    Styxian MP overlord of Rk2

DEVIL INSIDE

Quote Originally Posted by X-Styx-X View Post

this my friend, shows you only looked at auno.org?
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179

Quote Originally Posted by Livesangry View Post
    this my friend, shows you only looked at auno.org?

Engi have snare auras on pets.
    dont need auno to tell me that , i pvp them all the time.
    (not to mention snare mines....)
    Last edited by X-Styx-X; Oct 9th, 2010 at 10:24:57.

DEVIL INSIDE

Simple, nt's have about 2500-2700 ar at 220.
    every toon can easly get over 2K nr cuz of tools like NR1-HHAB-etc
    add the AAD that everyone has.... and we cant perk ANYONE.
    2500-2700 + 3000 from CB which makes you perk everyone except NR8 toons.
    --Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Howlin banned indefinitely by Gorafk Reason: Clan "Howlin" Messiah

Quote Originally Posted by howlin2009 View Post
    2500-2700 + 3000 from CB which makes you perk everyone except NR8 toons.
    yes it will
    nt's are supposed to be able to perk people.
    Enfs can perk anyone and they don't even need like 7sec to debuff.

still funny people keep whineing about CB and LE nukes in a topic about NR perks...
    they alr know those nukes are gonna get changed.

DEVIL INSIDE

Everyone knows Enfs need a big nerf. I mean.. everyone knows except enfs and FC apparently.

1) ah I see its 600, at any rate the simple fact that I as an ma (one of the most likely classes to actualy use NR) dont know about it in great detail off the top of my head is, if anything, a sign of how little it is actualy used. And why is it so rarely used you ask? Because generaly the benifits simply do not outweigh the penalties. But your tears have simply blinded you from seeing reason, all you know is you cant press 5 buttons to get your kill so whatever is causing that to happen needs to be nerfed ASAP.
    I know it must confort you to think that, but the more obvious reason why you don't know a thing about Notum Repulsor is just that you're a sloppy player content to just copy the setup of someone else without trying to know the ins and outs of it and the possibilities of adjustment according to the situation at hand.
    I hate to state the obvious, but you're not making any sense btw.
    You don't use NR but don't know what it does exactly.
    You think NR is useless and never used, but you refuse to see it amended.
    You think NR cripples you too much, but you don't want it reviewed into something you could use.
    You don't deem NR a viable perkline but don't make a single suggestion about how it could become one...

Actually, you're just content that the option of being immune to nanos exist while the option to be immune to your offence doesn't. I don't think you're much into the balance spirit, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by vgman01
    It's awesome to see you discover all of a sudden how NTs work in PvP, you're just 3 years late. A shame you're starting to learn only after we were announced that our whole offencive mechanic would be totally changed.
    Another failure of you here is mixing up the issues of a NT using NR1 or NR2 and of a NT having to face someone with NR8.

Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01
    And you my poor friend utterly fail at computing facts. I think you're just not able to grasp the difference there is between NT combat mechanic and other professions. Nor that if CB is ingame it might be precisely because Notum Repulsor was introduced. Nor that NTs aren't the only ones that have (and will have) to face NR toons. Nor what the balancing is about. Nor what was already announced in this perpective.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT

Engi have snare auras on pets.
    dont need auno to tell me that , i pvp them all the time.
    (not to mention snare mines....)

Snare mines are a very ugly design, can't depend on them for keeping somebody from running.

and snare aura's on pets are a joke, they NEVER land when you need em too, you see the pulse is only big enough if the target is fully standing still, but you won't need a snare then would ya?

Anyways this is going offtopic.
    Livesangryer MP lvl 60
    Liveshealing Doc Lvl 179

what crawls beneath this topic is NT balance mainly, a little trader balance and especially an adventurer balance.

all in all, seems most people agree for a NR perkline nerf.
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

-No doubles will ever odd IU, cuz nt's dont just spam 1 button. IU is used in combination with DM.
    -NSD doesnt "counter" ns2 , it only removes 48% and... u do have sorbs and static reflects and nbg to stack it with, enough to tank a engi with pets.
    nt's dont have to kite engis they are the only class that can tank and kill them.
    Llrite calced seems i was wrong

Double base PvP dmg : 875/s
    IU base : 1148/s

Versus engy's 24% reflect :

Double : 875/s
    IU : 872,48/s

Just the same, you just lose some alpha power it seems (nothing wrong against using DM with double btw ). As far as NS2 goes, anytime i popped it vs an engy it has been truly a disaster, and sure you can pop NBG but that still means NS2 did nothing good in itself, you have been rooted, engy can comes in contact and pop mines on you (either snare or -20k nanopool ones, actually that s the latter that dropped on me most of the time). If he went for the nano mine he just countered your NBG as well as your NS2 . My approach is to instant root engy whenever i spot him, he sends his pet, i pull em out of LoS from him, calm em both, then come to the engy and spank him. Safest kill i could come up with. Sure you could go straight at him and nuke with pet on you but then you d have to pop NBG at some point (while you can avoid it otherwise).

I seen plenty of NR2 agents,ma's etc
    they can cast everything needed without being a Nanoskill-class even, nerf them?
    I'm sure an agent can cast everything needed while being NR2, but no way can they cast everything, which is what Vgman said. You shouldn't be able to cast your top nanos with -600 skills.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast