Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Enforcer or Keeper; strongest solo class for PvE?

Question Enforcer or Keeper; strongest solo class for PvE?

As title says; which class is the strongest when it comes to solo capabilities; Enforcer or Keeper?
    Do they start out equally strong or are there at some point there is becoming a real gap between the classes when it comes to how strong they are to solo content?

Since I don't have much interest in doing PvP with the Enforcer or a Keeper I would like to have some tips what race to choose too

In advance; thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    keeper
    Any racial tip? I would like a race with as little problem as possible to get into the symbiants without suffering too much on the HP side. Opifex maybe then?

I'd suggest a Solitus Keeper then
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

nanomage for the coon or soli for survival.

opi is pretty meh atm.

opi is pretty meh atm.
    I heard talk about this 'coon' for Nanomages; but what is it? A racial perk? If so, which perk is it? (Yes, I have been away for ages and I need updates badly so bare with me)

opi is pretty meh atm.
    Opi has cheap IP Distribution meaning more you can spend on "fun" setups.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro View Post
    I heard talk about this 'coon' for Nanomages; but what is it? A racial perk? If so, which perk is it? (Yes, I have been away for ages and I need updates badly so bare with me)
    Dreadloch Endurance Booster - Nanomage Edition

And on the topic of Keeper vs Enforcer in solo PvE activities, my Keeper does perform better.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Thanks folks!

I will go for the Solitus Keeper. It seems the safe way as that coon item for NM is end level; I can consider a race change later.
    When I start I will rather stay safe, since I like having higher HP pool. Bad experiences from vanilla days has made me nearly allergic to the Nanomages, but I have started to "like" them more recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro View Post
    This: Dreadloch Endurance Booster - Nanomage Edition. It drops from Dreadloch Bosses.

Guides can be found here: for Omnitek & Neuts and for Clan & Neuts
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sannz View Post
    This: Dreadloch Endurance Booster - Nanomage Edition. It drops from Dreadloch Bosses.

Guides can be found here: for Omnitek & Neuts and for Clan & Neuts

Hey thanks for the links to these guides! AO is definately not the MMO where we are held in our hands to everything so these guides are most welcomed. I have been a long time gone I really didnt belive there were much of missions implemented into AO, so I will definately have look at these

Solo enforcer is a slow and boring process of killing a mob, you dont want to do it. And keeper is pretty much the same thing. Granted, you can do those things on these toons but there are others that do it better (at least in an endgame perspective).

While leveling, enforcer was better solo. The healing from mongo is incredible, rage runspeed boosts are exceptionally helpful, weapons are abundant, max health provides a wonderful buffer, and damage is quite good on a leveling enforcer. Keeper is ok while leveling but enforcer was superior and finding a good weapon for your keeper is either expensive or difficult for a while.

At 220, Keeper is better based on general consensus but I have not had a keeper beyond TL4 to confirm it myself. I can say that enforcer is excellent soloing in locations such as Arid Rift or Xan PF's to a certain degree. The large max health and runspeed allow you to quickly "rush" through locations avoiding a lot of hassle that other professions typically deal with. Enforcers can solo quite a bit as well as far as difficult encounters are concerned, but it involves a LOT of kiting and healing. Keeper, on the otherhand, can typically stand and fight for longer periods of time allowing them to do more damage without downtime or regen time.

If your only concern is soloing at 220 or farming raids for credits (small teams) then keeper. If your concern is a profession that is capable of soloing but also more likely to be teamed for larger, consistent raid groups, then enforcer.

I agree with gatester.

from level 1-219, enforcer>keeper.

at 220, with maxed setups, keeper owns enforcer.

But it takes a loooooong time to get there, and, tbh, enforcer can do really well.

I just did some damage parsing, and a keeper in a flat out DPS setup (borderline suicide) was doing 190k DPM vs vortexx, crat did 240k, ranged advy did 123k, enforcer probably do about 150k in a mixed dmg/def setup at endgame.

Keeper is way more passively oriented in PVM and a bit heavy on the defensive side. Enfos is better but requires you to be alot more active and conscious of your setup and gear.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    Keeper is way more passively oriented in PVM and a bit heavy on the defensive side. Enfos is better but requires you to be alot more active and conscious of your setup and gear.
    I read this as "enfo is much more fun".
    Hlep gnak!

Hmmm... very interesting inputs here.

I must admit that I am now a bit uncertain if I should go with my Keeper (only level 7 so no probs to reroll an enfo).
    There is another aspect that I totally exclude with staying a Keeper and it is PvP. I never had any interest in melee PvP in AO, but I also havent ever done any. This could change if I found it fun sooo this is now a hare choice for me to go for. I don't see any problems with either Enfo or Keeper to get into a team, which is a nice bonus with my Trader on tail as I am quite good at alt-tab dual playing.

The purpose of the thread was to get some insight of the differences with the 2 professions, cause the Keeper or Enfo will be the one who is leading my Trader on the other account while I dual play. What goes totally in the Enfos' favour is the AoE taunt, which would be a fantastic "panic" button if my Trader would get aggro. I don't have enough experience with the Keeper other than what I read on the forums here, but afaik Enfo is the only one holding this AoE taunt ability.

Maybe I should go with an Enfo instead? I have played a Keeper some years ago, and I agree; it was (no offense) utterly boring; most boring class I ever played. I had hopes that I might could play my Trader the active in the dual playing setup, with the support of the Keeper auras and passive buffs. If I go with the Enfo, there is no "option" other than playing the Enfo active for obvious reasons (I think?).

My biggest problem with my keeper (level 150) is how passive it is. You have ~3-4 buttons to push, a lot of which are on a 30+ second cooldown, so you just stand there, waiting to swing the big sword.

Enforcer at those levels is much more active and fun, which just suits my playstyle better. Then again, you have to acquire and learn to use things like rage and absorbs, which makes you a better player, but if you're looking for a more relaxed playstyle, keeper will relax you into catatonia.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrien View Post
    My biggest problem with my keeper (level 150) is how passive it is. You have ~3-4 buttons to push, a lot of which are on a 30+ second cooldown, so you just stand there, waiting to swing the big sword.

Enforcer at those levels is much more active and fun, which just suits my playstyle better. Then again, you have to acquire and learn to use things like rage and absorbs, which makes you a better player, but if you're looking for a more relaxed playstyle, keeper will relax you into catatonia.
    I have ADHD so a "relaxed" playstyle is definately not what I could adapt me to. So by your words of wisdom I will go for the Enforcer.

I once had a keeper, managed to force myself to level him to 150 then could not stand it anymore (got bored to death) and deleted him.

I rerolled female nanomage enfo (for more fun and challange) now 199 and grinding research.
    I am having lot more fun with enfo and will level her to 220 for sure.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Redbar View Post
    I read this as "enfo is much more fun".
    You read right, but it really just depends on the kind of player you are. Some people my find the enfo PVM style a little too busy for their tastes. If that's applicable, keeper is a great alternative.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast