Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - November 21, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by flyinguns View Post
    I want an official event , when we will all drop ours pistols.
    I belive it happened when AI came out.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

In game where you can roll nanomage granade shade, FC will never say 'just give up'. You should know by now, what's best for your prof
    i R not spik engrish

Flyinguns, I can't decide if it's your typing skills or personality that hurts the ranged adv cause more. :P
    <3 <3 <3
    Spank "Gothvampyre" Machine - Level 220 Pistolero
    (First in AO to ding 220 on The Beast, LOL <3)
    Wannabe "Tehvamp" Loser222 - 220 Opisex Soldier
    Gothvampyre 1337 spanks you!
    <3 <3 <3

Bah, it's on purpose, at least we will attract attention ;p
    A suggestion to remove ranged advy full auto problem : http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=529754

pistol are now for dot user , Ranged advy need revolver :

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...6&postcount=21

No attention > negative attention...
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

No news is good news? Not here I think. Also, being ignorant doesn't mean you're being obvious. Kinda same as stating 'well Engie nanoskill requirements are just fine' when you've seen is some tradeskiller in a full set of arith and that's obviously what you're talking about. It's funny too how 'cookie cutter' is a derogatary term for the same people who tell you you've chose the wrong prof.

I didn't come here to whine, I came here to find out about new exciting things and chew bubblegum... And I'm all out of gum. So there's not much left to do, but I hope on next friday there will be more infos.

At least I'll get some solo AI content to sulk in.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

FC still has a lot to do, but this is a damn good start. Thanks Means.

The chair needs cupholders. And an exit valve in the bottom of the seat. In n out. It should also make a Jetson's spaceship sound when it moves.

The 'ding on tell' suggestion is similar to a much older one that was 'ding on team invite' or 'ding on Ark' arrival, or both. If 'ding on tell' is too invasive (and ignore should shut off the ding) then 'ding on invite' could be considerably less so, [ding on invite to team or invite to BS or invite to raid, whatever].
    Last edited by If6Was9; Nov 26th, 2008 at 06:16:34.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

From my personal experience the entrance hall was very positive.

There were people to talk to, things to see and stories to learn, nothing but positive imo.
    Although, I understand that you might have lost players because they did not understand where to go, you are not gaining more new players from the current drop off state.

I recently invited a few friends of mine, who had never played Anarchy Online before, but WoW, and they were very confused when they first arrived in the game. One of my friends rolled an adventurer, who, with the best "noob island" dmg and heals, shouldnt really die.

But all of them had a hard time with understanding that they should actually talk to the man who gives you the startup first aid kits, weapons and first lvl.

What you should do, is probably implement back the old entrance hall, and have the players zone out on the island, not the crashspot.

This way all new players have the oportunity to learn the background of the game and not getting the feeling of beeing rushed in a combat setting right away.
    Sauran 220 Solitus Doctor RK2
    Tehshade 220 Opifex Shade RK2
    Roycecat 150 Solitus Engineer RK2
    Poadrim 170 Trox Enforcer RK2

will their be anymore more sharp objects and grenade support weapon wise to make them easier to farm, or possiblty new drops which can be tradeskilled into thrown weapons so we don't have to go to dyna spots in the middle of nowhere to farm tl4+ sharp weapons. Kizzer gumboils are nice, but they just aint cuttin it past tl4, and I'd like to see more sharp object/grenade weapons and ways to obtain them.

**also big bump for 2hb weapon fixes

(~cough~) 2hb love/Answers to our blunt questions (~cough~)
    220 Doc ~ "Dr." Ittledoc As of 1 DEC 07 setup || 218 Trader ~ Ittletrad (TL7 gimpage on Trader profession) parked... TS monkey no reason to go any higher
    220 Enf ~ Ittlejohn (1HB FTW!!!) [E] || 146 Fix ~ Johnittle
    216 NT ~ Nanoblender || 11 Crat "WTB" Spellbot
    ~~~Pheonix Rising is Recruiting~~~
    YMMV; Guaranteed 5 min or 5 miles... whichever comes first

Quote Originally Posted by BIGMANFORCE View Post
    and i umm also think that we should have a special nano that u can only cast on froobs,that turns them into lil monkeys and forces their char to work the APF elavator!

Quote Originally Posted by Freor View Post
    Would really like to hear FC's (especially Means') comment on this. You can't seriously think after two years that it's working as intended

Blame the Omnis for that. I dont think they wanna have some more NW action.
    If you knockout a guy 20 times, you cant expect him to raise and try fight you again.

This really shows up at Tara. When it is time for action, all other Omni stuff need to immediately being stopped and closed down for a while.
    If someone asked why, they got an answer: We cant let clammers get Tara one single time, then they will start to show up here.

And so what ?? Isnt that what you all missing ? More Tara battle and more NW wars ??

Some Tara spawn to Clans, will surely give you all more fun.
    If Clanners got a TL 7 base, i think it would also make NW more fun, at least for the Omnis when they take it back :-)

I am 100% PvM, so i dont really care about this at all !
    Have never seen Tara with my own eyes :-)
    Was just a bit tired of all that whining from ppl about missing action.

Steiden

Quote Originally Posted by Steiden View Post
    Blame the Omnis for that. I dont think they wanna have some more NW action.
    If you knockout a guy 20 times, you cant expect him to raise and try fight you again.

This really shows up at Tara. When it is time for action, all other Omni stuff need to immediately being stopped and closed down for a while.
    If someone asked why, they got an answer: We cant let clammers get Tara one single time, then they will start to show up here.

And so what ?? Isnt that what you all missing ? More Tara battle and more NW wars ??

Some Tara spawn to Clans, will surely give you all more fun.
    If Clanners got a TL 7 base, i think it would also make NW more fun, at least for the Omnis when they take it back :-)

I am 100% PvM, so i dont really care about this at all !
    Have never seen Tara with my own eyes :-)
    Was just a bit tired of all that whining from ppl about missing action.

Steiden
    or you could stop being wusses and come and take tara by force
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

LOL, seems you need a couple of things explained :-)

I am a Omni MA If i wanna see Tara, i could just tag along with RC.
    But dont care about doing that, since i prefer PvM.

Steiden - try reading once more. Was just some comments about the NW "lack of action" whining.
    Last edited by Steiden; Nov 26th, 2008 at 18:36:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Freor View Post
    Would really like to hear FC's (especially Means') comment on this. You can't seriously think after two years that it's working as intended
    No but it's broken as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Steiden View Post
    LOL, seems you need a couple of things explained :-)

I am a Omni MA If i wanna see Tara, i could just tag along with RC.
    But dont care about doing that, since i prefer PvM.

Steiden - try reading once more. Was just some comments about the NW "lack of action" whining.
    Omg when clans aint there it IS PvM :P
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Omg when clans aint there it IS PvM :P
    No, because Neutrals are still there, and Omnis attack Neuts even when they are raiding on the same bot, so it's still PvP.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    -Philip K. D*ck

"AO is that which, when you stop leveling in it, doesn't go away."
    -Elgynn

The Old Boinky - The One True Heart and Soul of CG, even after...
    meh gear
    Arthurian the Pendragon
    Neutral 4 Life

Quote Originally Posted by Boinky View Post
    No, because Neutrals are still there, and Omnis attack Neuts even when they are raiding on the same bot, so it's still PvP.
    Yeah tara is fun......
    erm.. *cough*
    Messiah has spoken.

About those new symbs....?
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Commentary on what the left over 4 professions will be getting while the other 10 get neat new pvp mechanics to play around with?
    <3 <3 <3
    Spank "Gothvampyre" Machine - Level 220 Pistolero
    (First in AO to ding 220 on The Beast, LOL <3)
    Wannabe "Tehvamp" Loser222 - 220 Opisex Soldier
    Gothvampyre 1337 spanks you!
    <3 <3 <3

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast