Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Really??? 50 vet points for Insurance Claim Recall Beacon?

The people who would purchase level 1 to 200 would most likely just sit AFK from the early levels either way. Let them pay $700 and increase the AO budget, more budget to the game is something we all would benefit from
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Price is too expensive I agree.

I could not resist and got one.
    Agreed, but I couldn't resist either. Must... support.... vp-sink.

And I even have Scheol sanct and was using it with the SL bacon.
    Last edited by Knyffen; Oct 12th, 2012 at 11:41:45. Reason: I dun liek typos
    Procrastinate Now!

I can't afford it. I would be okay with 20-30 points in VP shop. Now do I need extra year of paid time to get last points...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    The people who would purchase level 1 to 200 would most likely just sit AFK from the early levels either way. Let them pay $700 and increase the AO budget, more budget to the game is something we all would benefit from
    This post is the reason they made it so expensive. For now...

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    This post is the reason they made it so expensive. For now...
    On other thread it's told that price is lower than similar services provided by third party. So it's competitively priced.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    On other thread it's told that price is lower than similar services provided by third party. So it's competitively priced.
    I'm sorry but no. For USD 700 you can buy 20 bilcreds - enough to powerlevel 1 to 220 AND buy all LRs to make an endgame toon. He'll you can buy an account with an endgame geared toon on it for usd 700 if you're too lazy to log your own toon for powerlevelling...
    Last edited by Lazy; Oct 12th, 2012 at 13:46:50.

Let them pay $700 and increase the AO budget, more budget to the game is something we all would benefit from
    I dont know if you've been living on mars for the last few years, but that money thats spent on the item store, wont go in to AO, it will be spent on the next offering of all new Fail-sauce from FC.
    (ie. "The Second age of Conan" cus the first one did so well, or "An even *MORE* secret world")
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Let them pay $700 and increase the AO budget, more budget to the game is something we all would benefit from
    Yeah, screw that. I don't have to support things I find distasteful just because it will make FC some money.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

In regards to the issue listed in the original post.. I agree that 50 vet points is too much for that beacon.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    I dont know if you've been living on mars for the last few years, but that money thats spent on the item store, wont go in to AO, it will be spent on the next offering of all new Fail-sauce from FC.
    (ie. "The Second age of Conan" cus the first one did so well, or "An even *MORE* secret world")
    Project budgets are tied to revenue, obviously. So revenue goes to AO (or shared costs that AO uses -- such as office space, and the like). If you are interested enough and know how to read the documents you can probably find where we raise capital for new projects... there is a lot of public information in the quarterly reports and the various financial announcements that occur, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tralauri View Post
    No, 24000 points for 150 - 200. 14,000 for 100-150 and another 10k or so for 1-100. All in all, to get a 200 you need to spend almost 400 USD, and then more for faction. And then these people will probably buy all the keys as well. So, in the end, spending nearly 700.00 USD for a virtual character in a virtual world!
    You can only use heckler juice once per character, so you can't level from 1 - 200 with it
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

50 Vet points makes no sense. Surely that has to be a hiccup?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

AO is one of the oldest game alive, and probably the most expensive too.

monthly fees are insane if you don't pay for a full year
    items in store are just ridiculously overpriced.

AO combines free to play shops + monthly fees.

wondering how many desesperate peeps on crack spent their money on these items...

people on crack usually spend their money on crack, just sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by phybrizo View Post
    monthly fees are insane if you don't pay for a full year
    items in store are just ridiculously overpriced.
    Then dont buy nofin from the ****ing item store. Problem solved. In other games you need microtransactions otherwise people who pay will whupp your ass. At least in this game you only have to do the subscription fee (which is tbh more fair) and in rare cases, you dont even have to
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

FC hates veteran players, nothing new here. Don't expect any kind of advantages for being loyal, paying customers for years upon years. Their focus is on the new kids with daddy's credit card.
    Based God.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    FC hates veteran players, nothing new here. Don't expect any kind of advantages for being loyal, paying customers for years upon years. Their focus is on the new kids with daddy's credit card.
    yea fc hates us boo boo! nobody should get advantages. I at least the game world is a place with more or less equal chances.

Though I agree that FC should toss more social etc. items to vet players to pay from vet points. I suggest letting vet points be used as a currency in the itemstore. Or better, eliminate vet points and convert it to a hefty sum of itemstore "gold" (I hate that ****ing icon in all the ****ing microtransaction **** games)

anyway. Use the ****ing RK beacon!
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

The vet shop is like the red haired stepchild. We should be grateful for Funcom still adding something to it every 5+ years...
    ಠ_ಠ

I believe the secret mission of FC is to get all the long-time vets spend all of their VET points on the beacon and then they are going to put everything in the Vet Shop. I am holding out for my ACDC (and assuming it will be 4000 vet points - oh, wait...).
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

And how nice that FC responds in the thread but does not address the original point which is why in someones name is the new beacon 50 vet points?

Yes despite the ranting some of us do want the question answered.

Sorry it hit when I pressed submit so I am editing in the possible answer. 50 vet points is stupid high so we will spend 1000 FCP on each toon and thus encouraging us to spend CASH for more FCP. How stupid was I think to think it was an error. Now waiting for all vet/item shop shared items to have stupid vet point prices. Cash grabbing is the new FC skill and they must have learned it from EA based on the prices.

We now see who is driving where AO goes and it has nothing to do with creative positions. Tell the bean counter we have pitch forks and have the proper skill to wield them.
    Last edited by Lheann; Oct 13th, 2012 at 19:53:45.
    Lheann
    President of When I Grow Up

Lhisa - MA - RK1
    MaxKillz - Enf - RK1
    Namaru - Enf - RK1

"If you find yourself loosing a fight, your tatics suck."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast