Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: AO Community: How would you regulate Multibox?

Lets regulate it by stop beating the horse.. Getting rid or regulating MB isnt going to bring back a thousand players and would probably kill alot of revenue. We are pretty lucky this game hasnt gone the way of SWG, Vanguard:SoH, and a number of mmo's which didnt even last 5 years. Much better things to focus dev time on than policing this crap. No one does tower wars except like 2 clan guilds and 1 or 2 OT and I highly doubt regulating MB would change any of that. Most people either duel in borealis or do BS. While poorly implemented, a instanced pvp domination type of encounter is much more in line with modern day mmo's and peoples time constraints.

Remove Towers and pvp then multiboxing will not be a problem.

Fc dont want to solve the problems that multiboxing are when it comes to pvp and Towers.

and paperjockey there would have been alot of players that would have comeback if they removed multibox garbage

Quote Originally Posted by enfsatangirl View Post
    Remove Towers and pvp then multiboxing will not be a problem.

Fc dont want to solve the problems that multiboxing are when it comes to pvp and Towers.
    Multiboxing won't be a problem, but then you wont' have a game at all, as there is no current PVM instance left that is at all challenging.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    Multiboxing won't be a problem, but then you wont' have a game at all, as there is no current PVM instance left that is at all challenging.
    Any instance is a very nice challange if you bring some newbez. Hohoho!

For veterans, DB3 is a challange mboxers cannot reliably do. Especially floor 2 and 4.

Maybe just introduce more of that in to the mix. So content is harder, or requires intelligent movement, that cannot be hotkeyed easily.

Offcorse towers are a snoozing borefast ideal for multiboxing. Especially small fights can be totaly dominated by Mbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

To restate what I've said before...

There is only ONE real fix for this: BAN automated tools (Like AOMH or any other tool that plays the game for you) from combat. BAN autoclickers, BAN key inputters, BAN action duplicators in COMBAT of ANY type (PVP OR PVE). Use petitions and HUMAN COMMON SENSE to weed out offenders and PUNISH them.

Do NOT ban multi-boxing accounts. 1 player should be allowed to play 6 accounts - as long as s/he does not let a program play the accounts for him/her!

FC, do the following:

Step 1) Make this your POLICY
    Step 2) Change the EULA. It's 2015 - some companies update their licenses QUARTERLY. It's about time for AO's to get a refresh. No one is going to lose faith in you for teaching a very old dog a new trick.
    Step 3) Plaster your decision all over the forums. Make sure people KNOW that BOTTING in COMBAT is BANNED, but dual logging (Multi-boxing) is allowed so long as BOTTING in COMBAT does NOT OCCUR.
    Step 4) Encourage petitions on this issue. You WILL get some bad tips. But you'll also get some great ones.
    Step 5) Cherry pick the highest profile, most obvious, most egregious violations of this policy - AND DOLE OUT SOME PUNISHMENT. 1 day bans, 7 day bans, perma bans. WHATEVER IT TAKES.
    Step 6) Keep a body count and let us KNOW you are doing SOMETHING about this issue.
    Step 7) Work toward developing a RAM scanner / automated tool that can DETECT botters WHILE they are cheating.

More than half of the cheaters will STOP cheating just because of an official prohibition. This will significantly lower the labor tax on FC alone! You can then focus on taking out the WORST offenders until cheaters begin to view botting as TOO risky to engage in. That's all!
    Last edited by Veebz; Aug 9th, 2015 at 03:09:28.
    Raise your hand \o if you want to pay lots of attention to Veebz!

Multiboxing = whine and cry Also i think is unfair that some have more gear than others..please fix, and 1 win button thx bye

Quote Originally Posted by ByLogic View Post
    Multiboxing
    Quote Originally Posted by ByLogic View Post
    1 win button thx bye
    Got it in one.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Veebz View Post
    To restate what I've said before... There is only ONE real fix for this: BAN automated tools (Like AOMH or any other tool that plays the game for you) from combat. BAN autoclickers, BAN key inputters, BAN action duplicators in COMBAT of ANY type (PVP OR PVE). Use petitions and HUMAN COMMON SENSE to weed out offenders and PUNISH them. Do NOT ban multi-boxing accounts. 1 player should be allowed to play 6 accounts - as long as s/he does not let a program play the accounts for him/her! FC, do the following: Step 1) Make this your POLICY Step 2) Change the EULA. It's 2015 - some companies update their licenses QUARTERLY. It's about time for AO's to get a refresh. No one is going to lose faith in you for teaching a very old dog a new trick. Step 3) Plaster your decision all over the forums. Make sure people KNOW that BOTTING in COMBAT is BANNED, but dual logging (Multi-boxing) is allowed so long as BOTTING in COMBAT does NOT OCCUR. Step 4) Encourage petitions on this issue. You WILL get some bad tips. But you'll also get some great ones. Step 5) Cherry pick the highest profile, most obvious, most egregious violations of this policy - AND DOLE OUT SOME PUNISHMENT. 1 day bans, 7 day bans, perma bans. WHATEVER IT TAKES. Step 6) Keep a body count and let us KNOW you are doing SOMETHING about this issue. Step 7) Work toward developing a RAM scanner / automated tool that can DETECT botters WHILE they are cheating. More than half of the cheaters will STOP cheating just because of an official prohibition. This will significantly lower the labor tax on FC alone! You can then focus on taking out the WORST offenders until cheaters begin to view botting as TOO risky to engage in. That's all!
    QFT wish this would be an official FC statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Veebz View Post
    Keep a body count and let us KNOW you are doing SOMETHING about this issue.
    This is something they should have been done in the past on various Cases of "Exploits " Item-Dupes " AOMH " Creative use of Features " ,and they should start doing it in the Future !
    No Need to state Names but drop some raw Numbers so the Players know something is done . Good Way to warn potential Offenders , it has the added benefit that all others see that Funcom is actually doing something and People will be less likely to ragequit/ take a break .
    Last edited by Dollcet; Aug 10th, 2015 at 14:13:35.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Heh... appropriate actions should have been taken months ago. Bit too late now. Just give up and look for another mmorpg and do not look back. Best decision ever.
    Equilibrium forums https://eqorg.com

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    Heh... appropriate actions should have been taken months ago. Bit too late now. Just give up and look for another mmorpg and do not look back. Best decision ever.
    Don't look back, but keep checking and posting on the forums about said game.

I love the irony
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

He's giving ppl who quit over MB advice. Doesn't say much about his own decision, does he?

Simple question: Do MB accounts have a net benefit to the game, the bottom line, and the player base in general? Answer those questions and then make a decision with absolute disregard for what any former GD had to say about the matter.

Ah sorry, I forgot to mention that case. It will still be possible to pull the target data if a NPC being assisted. If this change does nothing but benefit cheaters, we do have alternate and additional options available...this is only the first stab.

Sounds like cheating to me..
    220/30/70 - Atrox Agent - Tinypain
    220/30/70 - Atrox Keeper - Ivekeeper
    220/25/70 - Atrox Fixer - Zedy
    220/30/70 - Solitus Soldier - Tequiila
    172/20/35 - Nanomage Agent - Nanocide
    Storm

Funny how when every other FC employee on this forum said MB is legit every hater was "well that's just their opinion" but when michi makes a vague reference that might or might not even include multiboxers suddenly it's the holy word. #doublestandards

Because everything is set in stone rite
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Lol, maybe we should have a bann counter
    .. For every exploiter that gets banned.
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    Funny how when every other FC employee on this forum said MB is legit every hater was "well that's just their opinion" but when michi makes a vague reference that might or might not even include multiboxers suddenly it's the holy word. #doublestandards
    Funny how when an FC employee says multiboxing is okay it's the end-all-be-all answer and no way they possibly could have misinterpreted the circumstances, but when Michi calls multiboxers cheaters, suddenly it's "vague"

Quote Originally Posted by esssch View Post
    funny how when an fc employee says multiboxing is okay it's the end-all-be-all answer and no way they possibly could have misinterpreted the circumstances, but when michi calls multiboxers cheaters, suddenly it's "vague"
    lol

+++++++++
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

ban it already, it can only go 2 ways:

1. AO dies because of lack of subs
    2. AO gets better because people are motivated to do NW again

I would rather no. 1 than the slow death that we are heading to now.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast