Thread: Freelance: Omni-Pol Dissolves Harkonnen Exports

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

Freelance: Omni-Pol Dissolves Harkonnen Exports

Omni-Pol Dissolves Harkonnen Exports
    October 19, 29481 - Ferrell [Atlantean]

IRRK Freelance - In a stunning raid on the Longest Road region, Omni-Pol raided and dissolved the organization known as Harkonnen Exports.

Detectives on the case revealed the organization to be no more than a front for an organized crime syndicate, involved in drug trafficking, arms smuggling, and illegal money laundering. Several Omni-Pol squadrons attacked the city where Harkonnen Exports had its base of operations, formerly the corporate campus of the organization "Sharks with Frikkin Laserbeams", a whimsically named marine biology thinktank. In the ensuing firefight, several members of the organization were sent to reclaim and arrested, although Omni-Pol reports that the organization's president, Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich, was able to escape using a custom Phasefront jetbike.

"We've been gunning for these criminals for some time now. They've been hiding under a veneer of respectable Omni-Tek society. It was only recently that we were able to gather enough evidence to nail them," says Detective Spassky Morgan, of the Omni-Pol Vice Squad. "Let this be a lesson to all criminal organizations on Rubi-Ka. We've got your ticket, and it's only a matter of time before we punch it."

When asked about allegations that Harkonnen Exports was in fact a covert branch of Omni-Reform, Detective Morgan stated, "These thugs are not, nor were they ever, a member of Omni-Tek." This is despite the evidence that multiple reports were filed by Harkonnen Exports members for Omni-Reform. The content of these reports were deemed confidential and locked by Omni-Pol "for the investigation and trial." The incarcerated former members of Harkonnen Exports say that there is a conspiracy to cover-up the link to Omni-Reform, but Omni-Pol attributes this to the current plea bargain in their legal defense.

about time Harkonnen is gone... less competition equals more monopolizing
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

*sigh*

Don't stop there, shut them all down. I can live off the land.

While I applaud the efficiency of Omni-Pol for rooting out this criminal organization, I question the veracity of the news reporter. I am Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich, and until about 2 weeks ago I was a loyal member of the Omni-AF. I am not Alexsandr "Nadab" Harkonnen, nor have I ever been involved in criminal activities. I have no knowledge of this other "Nadab". We are not the same person... I don't even look like him, other than the fact that we are both opifex... He was short, I'm tall.... he was slender, I am fa.... er..um... out of shape. He had black tattoos on his face, mine are red... I am sure that the officers of Omni-Pol are aware of the differences and hunting the appropriate suspect.

However, I would like an apology from this newsman "Ferrel" and the Freelance for smearing my good name.....
    Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Corporal Officer, Omni-Pol Field Ops
    (Atlantean)

formerly
    T-Sgt1C, Omni-AF, 4th Fusiliers RST, Retired.

If I'm the Agent of Shai-hulud, where's my 10% ?
    Roleplaying Profile of Alexsi "Nadab" Stefanovich

Quote Originally Posted by Nadab View Post
    However, I would like an apology from this newsman "Ferrel" and the Freelance for smearing my good name.....
    ur omni you said... what good name?
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

No matter what Harkonnen Exports might or might not have done, you might expect better damage control from OT.

...or did Detective Morgan lose the draw and got stuck with the ungrateful task of dodging uncomfortable questions? Secretly hoping that none of us remembers what happend 5 minutes ago or learned to read for that matter.

"These thugs are not, nor were they ever, a member of Omni-Tek." occurse to me as being a somewhat... curious way of referring to the affiliates of the Board of Directors. The minutes made public clearly states the attendance of Director Aleksandr "Nadab" Harkonnen -- Harkonnen Exports, at several meetings.

At the BoD's meeting in August, Jacob Stroud even commended Harkonnen Exports and its director, stating among other: "Your work is a great asset to the corporation. Good job."
    If Harkonnen Exports really were an organized crime syndicate, one can only wonder work they were preforming so well.

I may not care (that) much for the powerstruggles, that goes on over at OT, but I have come to expect better cover-ups.