Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clan Remembrance Day

Clan Remembrance Day

Grand festivities!

on Saturday 18 april 2009 it's that time again, another year since the birth of the Clans, and such a grand day must be celebrated! Therefore the Voice of Truth is proud to present, just like last year, that we will hold the festivities with the yearly parade through tir and Old Athens.

The festivities will have their start:

@ 6 pm RST (GMT)
    @ Island in middle of Tir (outside Fair Trade)

we will be celebrating there for about an hour, after which we'll do a parade via whompas to Old Athens, and there we will then have an after-party at:

@ Old Athens, North-East of Old Athens Hill

All clans are welcome to join in on celebrating our freedom from the capitalist oppressors Omni-Tek, and for any omnis thinking they can join our celebrations:

OMNI GO HOME!

disclaimer: the main rally + parade is hosted by the Voice of Truth-council, the after-party is solely hosted by Playboyfixer, the Voice of Truth-council, nor clericals are not held responsible in any way for any bad turnouts of events occuring!

The Voice of Truth is in no way affiliated / linked to the Council of Truth

(( reserved for DJ's and other info ))
    Last edited by juksrz; Feb 17th, 2009 at 16:18:28.

Quote Originally Posted by juksrz View Post
    OMNI GO HOME!

Given that we Omni pretty much built this planet and that all the lifeforms contained on this planet were either brought here by us or created in our labs and given also that Omni were living on Rubi-Ka long before the Clans even exisited, I fail to understand what exactly this meant by the slogan "Omni Go Home".

Maybe I am just dense.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Therefore the Voice of Truth is proud to present, just like last year, that we will hold the festivities with the yearly parade through tir and Old Athens.
    Just like last year? Last I checked, last year's festivities were not hosted by the Voice of Truth... I'll assume it was just a confusion in the name, since they are so utterly similar. That's often the problem when emulating a name.

The festivities will have their start:

@ 6 pm RST (GMT)
    @ Island in middle of Tir (outside Fair Trade)
    There's emulating and emulating... down to exact time and place that have just been discussed in the restricted section of the Council forum.

I don't think it's a coincidence, after reading the following:

[I]the main rally + parade is hosted by the Voice of Truth-council, the after-party is solely hosted by Playboyfixer
    That totally explains the "emulation".

Well, I won't be able to attend, my agenda for that specific date and time is already booked. Not like I'll be missed there anyway, hehe.

Go home. Is that an invitation?
    We all know that Omni2 or Athen as you call it is part of the Omni homeland
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

OMNI GO HOME!
    I know a few nanomages who would be quite amused by the implications of this demand.
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

Okay, I don't mean to pick holes but:

1) Voice of Truth / Council of Truth do they have any link? If so could you please explain, I find this somewhat confusing....If you are separate to the Council of Truth I think it would be prudent to mention it in your disclaimer so as to mention that you are not affiliated as such, are acting completely separate to and that for safety reasons (incase said council are engaged in delicate matters) that nothing that happens on this rally is supported by or endorsed by said council.

2) Would the clans *REALLY* have a peaceful march through Tir and Old Athens?

- Tir itself is a testament of resistance to all oppressors. I mean come on, they SHOT neutrals for not evacuating that place. Surely of all the places to pick this seems a bit insulting to the clan people? If Silverstone caught you doing this, he'd shoot you himself.

- Truly part of a people who are known for 'not taking it lying down' and standing up when there is a problem to be resolved, a march through your OWN territory to remind people of your self-liberation seems a bit...blasé.

- A march through OMNI territory however, carries with it the weight that is expected of the clans. Perhaps start in Jobe, through Rome Green and out into Galaway County? Those of you that were alive could be considered a re-inactment of the liberation from Omni itself after all what's the point of a silent march when none of your opressors will see it. Unless of course they're playing pin the tail on the special kid with the orbital weapons platforms?

3) OMNI GO HOME, yeah this one doesn't even need mentioning for anyone who has even a minor understanding of anything to do with Rubi-Kan history. I think LLJKTonitrums and Gimpeline's statements pretty much cover it.

4) Competing in terms of PLACE, date and time with the same party of the CoT to try and bring either i) confusion ii) ride off their fame or iii) see if you can outshine them is downright low. Firstly, the clans worked separation through unity, not through segregation and divison.

- Seriously, if we broke away from Omni-tek in small chunks and such, we'd all be dead, they'd of been able to whittle out the oppressors, and shoot or reform every single one of us. This is completely un-clan and just plain weird.

I await your clarification as to my questions, your standings and the time place and date of this event so as not to cause confusion between the Council of Truth™ and the voice of truth.

yours sincerely
    Tsun 'Zatchibana' Gincho.
    "One can spend their entire life searching for the answer to the question why. But even a life exausted with no answer, is not a life wasted."

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeenah View Post
    Just like last year? Last I checked, last year's festivities were not hosted by the Voice of Truth... I'll assume it was just a confusion in the name, since they are so utterly similar. That's often the problem when emulating a name.
    It means a party as good, if not better like last year. As for names, i'm sure you among others know very well while there are some changes in names...

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Zatchibana View Post
    Okay, I don't mean to pick holes but:

1) Voice of Truth / Council of Truth do they have any link? If so could you please explain, I find this somewhat confusing....If you are separate to the Council of Truth I think it would be prudent to mention it in your disclaimer so as to mention that you are not affiliated as such, are acting completely separate to and that for safety reasons (incase said council are engaged in delicate matters) that nothing that happens on this rally is supported by or endorsed by said council.
    no link as far as i can tell, will mention it now

2) Would the clans *REALLY* have a peaceful march through Tir and Old Athens?

- Tir itself is a testament of resistance to all oppressors. I mean come on, they SHOT neutrals for not evacuating that place. Surely of all the places to pick this seems a bit insulting to the clan people? If Silverstone caught you doing this, he'd shoot you himself.

- Truly part of a people who are known for 'not taking it lying down' and standing up when there is a problem to be resolved, a march through your OWN territory to remind people of your self-liberation seems a bit...blasé.

- A march through OMNI territory however, carries with it the weight that is expected of the clans. Perhaps start in Jobe, through Rome Green and out into Galaway County? Those of you that were alive could be considered a re-inactment of the liberation from Omni itself after all what's the point of a silent march when none of your opressors will see it. Unless of course they're playing pin the tail on the special kid with the orbital weapons platforms?
    silverstone shoots alot... and last i heard neutrals are welcome in most parts of Tir nowadays. So yes, we'll have a peaceful tour through Tir and Old Athens to show the other clanners and neutrals we're still proud of being Clan. If omni-tek wants to join in the festivities, there's enough application forms to join the clans for all

As for going in omni-territories it's not my thought of the festivities of having OT shoot at unarmed clanners like ducks on a fun fair.

4) Competing in terms of PLACE, date and time with the same party of the CoT to try and bring either i) confusion ii) ride off their fame or iii) see if you can outshine them is downright low. Firstly, the clans worked separation through unity, not through segregation and divison.
    As far as i know, i do not have access to any restricted parts of their forums, nor do i know if they'd even host such a party or not. I only chose the same date, time and location as last year when i hosted the festivities. so i don't know of any riding off fame, i hosted the festivities last year celebrating being a clanner, i had plans for months to re-host it this year but due to circumstances hadn't come to publicizing it all yet. If anything they'd be bringing confusion as this is the first i hear about them starting their own festivities. If they want unity they know my name to contact

It means a party as good, if not better like last year. As for names, i'm sure you among others know very well while there are some changes in names...
    http://www.counciloftruth.org/forums...p?topic=1443.0
    Yes, I think most are aware. How's reform again?
    Point Blank

give OT some of the more private logs while you're busy since you're in a divulging mood
    Last edited by juksrz; Feb 17th, 2009 at 22:22:07.

There is nothing private about that log. I am not Clan and I can read em. At least what they post publicly there. The log area isnt a restricted area.
    Dr. Alexsey Tereskov, Major, Medical Services
    Omni-Tek Armed Forces, Urban Division

OT-AF Urban Division

Quote Originally Posted by jitterwind View Post
    There is nothing private about that log. I am not Clan and I can read em. At least what they post publicly there. The log area isnt a restricted area.
    Stop with those pesky facts already! He can't make an untrue point when people keep butting in with those stupid fact things!

i never said that one was private i said "some of the more private logs"

Yah.. now that you went back and edited your original posting....

hahaha

Thanks, I needed a laugh.
    Dr. Alexsey Tereskov, Major, Medical Services
    Omni-Tek Armed Forces, Urban Division

OT-AF Urban Division

Nice edit job. Why are you getting so defensive, and attacking me for posting public info anyway? It’s like you are trying to hide something.

Jacobi: First off, as clerk, you were in charge of the agenda of this council, nothing more.
    Playboyfixer: and main speaker
    Jacobi: We dont have a 'leader' per say. We work together, and the APPOINTED spekaer is Mr Landau
    Or maybe it was:

Jacobi: But with what I have heard occured I am not at all certain we should trust you in these chamers at teh present time.
    Playboyfixer: And i will not fight your feelings about me, you are entitled to them
    Jacobi: The word is, that you were reformed while in the hands of Omni-Tek.
    Silverstone: I agree with Puffy.
    Playboyfixer looks down sadly
    Xeenah nods gently
    Playboyfixer: indeed i was
    Jacobi: How do we know you are not the Omni-tek lackey standing in these chambers?
    Playboyfixer: and it's given me lots of pain, to become what i was, and am today again
    Humbold: I have to agree with the credit hugger
    Playboyfixer: I am willing to go through any tests you see fit on me
    Silverstone: Wow, for once we all agree? Today truly is a happy day.
    I’m guessing you being through reform, now, was just a lie? Why would you lie about something like that?

But since you are in the mood for word games

As far as i know, i do not have access to any restricted parts of their forums, nor do i know if they'd even host such a party or not.
    You are right, you personally do not have access to that part of the forums, but people in your upstart council do. Su****iously enough they -still- frequent those boards despite their very vocal disgust with the CoT, and have access to the private parts of that forum. Couple that with the exact time, day, place, activities, and --I’m willing to bet the entertainment-- will even be the same. It’s very su****ious.

Almost as su****ious as you somehow knowing about the attack on Old Athen a few weeks ago. You were on the scene before anyone else, and publicly bragged about it. You knew about the attack five days before it occurred, and bragged about it. You even gave a very detailed prediction of the attack before it even happened. The same with Retoolkit’s arrest. The assault on Tinkerbots prior to that. You even knew the location of the Nanomage Legion hideout before anyone else! It all reeks of rotten fish.
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by Kotts View Post
    Nice edit job. Why are you getting so defensive, and attacking me for posting public info anyway? It’s like you are trying to hide something.

Or maybe it was:

I’m guessing you being through reform, now, was just a lie? Why would you lie about something like that?

But since you are in the mood for word games

You are right, you personally do not have access to that part of the forums, but people in your upstart council do. Su****iously enough they -still- frequent those boards despite their very vocal disgust with the CoT, and have access to the private parts of that forum. Couple that with the exact time, day, place, activities, and --I’m willing to bet the entertainment-- will even be the same. It’s very su****ious.

Almost as su****ious as you somehow knowing about the attack on Old Athen a few weeks ago. You were on the scene before anyone else, and publicly bragged about it. You knew about the attack five days before it occurred, and bragged about it. You even gave a very detailed prediction of the attack before it even happened. The same with Retoolkit’s arrest. The assault on Tinkerbots prior to that. You even knew the location of the Nanomage Legion hideout before anyone else! It all reeks of rotten fish.
    Nice detective work Kotts.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Nice detective work Kotts.
    Pisses me off that I even spent valuable time on it.
    Point Blank

Yah.. now that you went back and edited your original posting....

hahaha

Thanks, I needed a laugh.
    (( actually i only set it to show signature to see if it works XD but meh ))

You are right, you personally do not have access to that part of the forums, but people in your upstart council do
    Very well then, give me 1 name of someone that has access to that section, AND gave me any logs... If you look back to history I was the one hosting the Clan Remembrance Day festivities last year, and i only re-used my data to host the same party this year, with the same time and date as last year, but if you wanna nitpick go ahead
    Last edited by juksrz; Feb 18th, 2009 at 13:40:58.

Very well then, give me 1 name of someone that has access to that section, AND gave me any logs... If you look back to history I was the one hosting the Clan Remembrance Day festivities last year, and i only re-used my data to host the same party this year, with the same time and date as last year, but if you wanna nitpick go ahead
    Dance monkey dance.

Takes a pair to nitpick, and accuse me of it in the same breath. Anyone with a semi functional brain can go to the CoT website and look up the Reps of the different clans.
    http://www.counciloftruth.org/forums...p?topic=1450.0
    FYI it's public information too, so you don't have to worry about me giving out super secret information.

Oh and by the way you might want to flex your editing skills again. The titles, sub titles and discriptions on your Trip-C forums are exactly the same as the CoT forums. It looks like you just cut and pasted every thing.

1. Edit the forums
    2. Play the victim
    3. Act coy about the changes
    4. Nitpick my post

You got a full plate. Best get cracking on that.
    Point Blank

heh, nice list, too bad 1) Digital Alliance isn't part of the CoT anymore, 2) Mirura's not even in Digital Alliance at all anymore, 3) i haven't talked to Azazelkeep ((icly)) for weeks, 4) even for AoD last i know Andyliah's not in AoD anymore either, and there are some other things wrong in the list too, so please... feel free to bash as you do, but at the least do some of your own research too.

(( as for rules, research mkay, read bottom of: http://council.digital-alliance-foru...c.php?f=16&t=7 ))

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast