Thread: So where is Phyxr's personal soloing method - PART 2? :D

So where is Phyxr's personal soloing method - PART 2? :D

I've played this game of and on for 6 years and just came back for the umpteenth time. I've never made it to level 200 on my own, let alone 220. I'm more of an explorer and quester and don't like to skip content, so I level rather slowly, doing it in spurts when I am bored of my current level.

I have 2 accounts full of characters in the 50-170 range. Another was my brothers and has his old 203 trader and 200 MA on it plus a slew of my lowbie alts.

My own highest level character is my 170 MP. I have 8 AI levels and my research is 5-5-5-5-6-7-7. I'm 5 levels away from unlocking the 8th tier of research and am not close to it in 5 out of 7 of my researches. I know the amount of xp for research jumps at 9 and 10, but the first 8 levels seem fairly easy and I think I should cap them as soon as possible but don't know if thats right? its easier to get xp the higher level I am so should I just wait?

I level all my newer characters roughly the same way Phyxr does in his guide, I find the game kind of leads you to those places and theres not many cases of not knowing where to go.

I've done the last of my MP's leveling at Adonis Hecklers. But I really don't know where to go next or what my alternatives are.

I do some LE missions and RK missions to break up the monotony of Hecklers and thats it.

I don't have my Adonis Key and have never seen Pen or Inferno but I've heard of missions available there but have no idea how to get there.

I really wish there was something like Phyxr's guide to give me a clue on how to tough it out to 200 and beyond, with suggestions on when to hit up garden key quests, specializations, and any specific dungeons to hit in this TL for must-have items like inferno ring(i've seen it spammed for sale). I also wonder how far I should be progressed research and alien level wise around this time. I don't know if I should put more xp towards research or do more alien missions or focus on getting levels and the rest can come in a trickle as a I go.

I know this is asking a lot, and I don't expect a step by step guide in response, but some suggestions would go a long way.

I've done most of the Dark Ruins solo dungeon(just have to kill the boss, failed twice last night) and I read I can solo the first couple parts of the Team dungeon every day for a good chunk of xp. But besides that and Adonis Hecklers I don't know where to go.

Cool

I've recently been solo leveling a clan soldier and here is what I've done between levels 100 and 150, which is where the toon is at the moment.

At level 100 I went to Scheol and made decent leveling on the mobs around the Highlands Ocra stone. Close to it are two groups of those strutting humanoid geezers with the thick legs. The group to the west are lower lvl and easier to start with. You have to be careful not to agro too many at once, but the stone is nearby if you need an evac.
    There is also a great grouping of crusty eremites hidden underground around the land control beacon (tall pillar of light) north west of the Stone and East of the Redeemed Temple. These are well spaced and relatively low health and don't seem to move at all unless they agro you. They do hit hard and remember I was a soldier with a big hit and trusty TMS :-) Anyway, I got ten quick levels here.

At 110 I moved on to the Halls of Scheol. At the east end of the halls, staying up on the southern platfrom, are a group of four boss flappy things (Neferu, Tcheser, Shet and Penkha) and an extremely well placed static dungeon right where the eastmost boss handgs out. The static is good leveling, and you can pop out to kill the flappy things when you feel able. Being able to duck back into the static makes dying a rarity. This was good for another ten levels.

At around this stage I found I could solo Ely Hecks and got very good xp from them. To start with there is a nicely spaced group of 5 hecks in a secluded cove two bays up from the Outer Isles Enel Stone.
    At 120 I came down to RK to do the Marion Sweet cyborg token quest, having completely neglected my RK missioning. The board is very good and the xp not too bad either.
    With the extra CL from the board I took the opportunity to upgrade my NCU. I also put on the top Perennium and upgraded my armour (Miy's Tank and Khaeler Sleeves).

120 to 130 was spent mostly doing Ely hecks. The leveling was quick and for a break I did the Ashley Winstead cyborg quest, though I should add I dual logged my soldier and a fixer to finish off the boss on that quest.

At 130 I did the Scheol garden key, spoke with Ergo, got free passage to Adonis (aided up the hill by dual logging my fixer again), and immediately did the Adonis Garden quest.
    I should stress here that both Scheol and Adonis garden quests are pretty easy to solo, especially if you have the Insight into Shadowlands map nano cast on you. Remember that anyone with the (veteran) nano can cast it on you and it lasts a decent 90 minutes.

The early 130s were spent picking off southern Adonis mobs either in the area around the City South Gilthar Stone or in the desert area to the north east of there.

Across this desert at the 170 incarnator are a couple of excellent static dungeons. The southernmost one has mobs around 140-160 and the eastern one has mobs of 160-180. These two statics have seen me to level 150 and I suspect there is leveling potential yet in the latter.

However, at 150 I took a break to re-equip, get ql180-200 symbs in and get my 1000 token board.

I also took the opportunity to partake of a little BS action and get the attunement devices I was missing.

I did some LE missions too to boost my rather lowly AI levels, but to be honest there is bugger all for the soldier to put AI perks into beyond Power in Numbers, so I didn't spend too much time on that. I dualed LE missions teamed with a TL6 fixer.

S10 is an option now, but there is nothing much there I am interested in and I have another 150 toon for s10 anyway.

Killing the mobs in the solo instance of Dark ruins got my level 5 research completed.

Then I completed the various excellent Dark Ruins solo quests and went from level 150 to level 158.

From here on I did a DOJA quest (Dark Ruins team quest) every day for its 7mil XP reward.

Around this time I started the Adonis brain quests, as the soldier brain is such a good one. I managed about half of it solo, but needed the help of a couple of high level orgmates to complete the whole mission line.

A couple more levels in the Adonis statics mentioned above saw me to 160 at which point I went to see Ergo, taking the route eroz mentions below. Very few mobs that agro you to deal with, and most of them can easily be outrun if need be.

Onwards to Penumbra, remembering to swap aqualung out and Pen shades in. I took a careful wander to the Ravine Cama stone killing the well spaced predators and rafters along the way. Lots of insignia dropped.

I started the Penumbra garden key quest straight away. It's pretty easy except forthe killing of the prophet towards the end. For this youcan either hang around and wait for someone to kill it (you dont need to do the killing yourself) or ask a friend to kill it, which is what I did.

Key in hand I started the Yuttos quest. Not all of it can be solod at this level, but a lot of it can be and you get a lot of xp along the way, and its a great way to get to know Penumbra.

For the next ten levels killing wandering mobs and mobs in the statics around the western incarnator were the main source of xp (along with the daily DOJA quest). My favourite mobs are the groups of three frost demons you find along the road from the west end of the pipe up to the Redeemed village. These are fairly easily pulled one at a time, and easily outrun if you misspull. They game me 1m xp per cluster of three.

So, what's next.
    I need to get to level 180 so I can do the missions pulled from the NPC in the garden. I also noticed, on a brief foray back to Adonis, that I can now solo Whirling Rocks, so I may try getting xp from them.

I keep checking the incarnators and OOC for opportunities to get a golem tooth.

After that I get sketchy and, because of the reliance on team play, tend to stop at this stage because soloing gets unfeasible. Some classes fare better and I hear positive things about the crat profession on Soloing Inferno.

So there you have it.

Now let's hope some others will add their thoughts to this as I'm as interested in you for the 150-200 solo run :-)

Last edited by Phyxrphyxr; Dec 30th, 2009 at 11:23:39.

great thread! bump
    Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by spontaneously moving from where you left them to where you can't find them.

Golem teeth are left to rot all the time, and often people announce them on neutnet (RK2, I don't know the situation on RK1).

If you really hate waiting for teams: once you get to Inferno, just north of the Yutto there are handful of spirits around level 200 that you are weaker than most regular mobs. In the woods north of Dark Marshes there are some 205 spirits that can easily be single-pulled. Regular mob types around 200-220 can be killed even at low levels with some kiting, but the XP gain per time spent is hardly worth it.
    Last edited by cbus97; Dec 21st, 2009 at 22:06:06.

Some great dungeons in penumbra and getting to ergo in Adonis is a lot easier then in scheol.

Managed to get 1mil xp per kill in a 215ish dungeon in pen at 164 with my engi, but it was very hard but fun dying here is likely

There are also 2 dungeons at the south/east incarnator in adonis one around 120ish the other around 150-160ish fairly easy to get to both as clan/omni just keep away from the stray dog.
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

Thanks for the replies.

I've gotten the adonis garden key and am on the quest for the sanctuary key then I'm gonna try to go to Penumbra.

I wish I didn't complete te Dark Ruins solo dungeon, I noticed the enemies gave good xp and figured maybe I can come back and fight them but can't.

What are the penumbra missions like? are they soloable?

Quote Originally Posted by bootang View Post
    I wish I didn't complete te Dark Ruins solo dungeon, I noticed the enemies gave good xp and figured maybe I can come back and fight them but can't.?
    If you team with others who have done the solo mission, you gain access to the team instance.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    If you team with others who have done the solo mission, you gain access to the team instance.
    Correction, you can team with any toon in the appropriate level range. I teamed with my froob to get in.

Also, you should drop team as soon as you're inside - the XP will be better. IMO, however, the XP/time spent killing DR mobs isn't that great compared to other SL mobs. It's the mission rewards that make it worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by bootang View Post
    What are the penumbra missions like? are they soloable?
    You can get missions from some NPC in the garden of Adonis, Penumbra, and Inferno. Those missions send you to a dungeon. The missions come in three difficulty levels: easy, medium, hard.

The mission is basically a "kill the boss" mission. The boss has the same level as you for an "easy" mission and higher for the others. The rest of the dungeon is filled with mobs around that level. Just like RK missions you have to kill all the mobs in order to get the full mission reward.

If you pull the mission as single player you get a one-level dungeon. If you pull them while in a team you get a multi-level dungeon and higher reward. You should have no problems doing "easy" missions.

Some side notes:
    • You need to enter a garden in order to pull the mission. So either make the appropriate garden key or farm insignias, (or just let some mob outside of the dungeon kill you after you finished the mission. You will build up a huge XP pool even if you were on 100% research. But this is useful only if you don't depend on outside buffs.)
    • Most people don't do "medium" missions. The mobs have higher level but the mission reward is not higher than with "easy" missions. The reward for "hard" missions is much higher but the missions also take much longer. Do them only when you are in a team with good DDs and some healer.
    • Missions in Adonis are located underwater. Nearly all people skip adonis missions completely.
    • "Good" mission locations in Penumbra are "Glacier Hill" or "Blue Mist" because the entrance is very easy to reach from both gardens. It doesn't matter if you do single missions but most people do not want to go anywhere else. (You can always delete your mission and re-pull.) Another side note: the mission entrance is so near the garden statues that you can run to the entrance without your penumbra glasses on.
    • "Good" mission locations in Inferno are "Ergo" and "Cave". You will get to know those two places very well...
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post
    You can get missions from some NPC in the garden of Adonis, Penumbra, and Inferno. Those missions send you to a dungeon. The missions come in three difficulty levels: easy, medium, hard.

The mission is basically a "kill the boss" mission. The boss has the same level as you for an "easy" mission and higher for the others. The rest of the dungeon is filled with mobs around that level. Just like RK missions you have to kill all the mobs in order to get the full mission reward.

If you pull the mission as single player you get a one-level dungeon. If you pull them while in a team you get a multi-level dungeon and higher reward. You should have no problems doing "easy" missions.

Some side notes:
    • You need to enter a garden in order to pull the mission. So either make the appropriate garden key or farm insignias, (or just let some mob outside of the dungeon kill you after you finished the mission. You will build up a huge XP pool even if you were on 100% research. But this is useful only if you don't depend on outside buffs.)
    • Most people don't do "medium" missions. The mobs have higher level but the mission reward is not higher than with "easy" missions. The reward for "hard" missions is much higher but the missions also take much longer. Do them only when you are in a team with good DDs and some healer.
    • Missions in Adonis are located underwater. Nearly all people skip adonis missions completely.
    • "Good" mission locations in Penumbra are "Glacier Hill" or "Blue Mist" because the entrance is very easy to reach from both gardens. It doesn't matter if you do single missions but most people do not want to go anywhere else. (You can always delete your mission and re-pull.) Another side note: the mission entrance is so near the garden statues that you can run to the entrance without your penumbra glasses on.
    • "Good" mission locations in Inferno are "Ergo" and "Cave". You will get to know those two places very well...

wow thanks a lot for that information. i gotta get myself to penumbra now, i love missioning.

Getting to Penumbra is relatively easy. Get to Ado underwater from the portal a bit northeast from the middle of the map, the one where one of the Ado quest NPCs is hanging out (unless you have the ado sanct key, then you can just use the statue there), beware of Lone Sharks and those gooey mobs the names of which I forgot, and try to make it north to Ergo who is in a cavern filled with Blorrgs.

If those sharks keep pestering you, as an MP, I advise you try to sacrifice your main pet (have it fight / keep agg, run out of sight, terminate pet before it happily runs back with the shark) but at your level it shouldn't be overly hard to get where you're going, particularly if you've done the Adonis quest and gotten used to the surroundings.

Atlas of SL map will undoubtedly help you if you get lost.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Might be worth noting that Solo DR can be entered before 150, the chimeras give xp comparable to Ely hekklorz but have much lower HP.
    I entered at 145 so i dont know if there is a level lock at all.
    For strong solo classes this might be a slightly boring but solid solo alternative, my engineer liked it quite a bit
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Managed to go to penumbra rather easy trough the underwater passage from adonis, fairly long way but think i got aggro like once entering the abyss, think i was 160 at the time.