Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Constant Barrage

Constant Barrage

lovechild NT vs other professions,
    round 1 : Fight !!!
    Last edited by mocs; May 31st, 2010 at 19:30:39.

they basically thought despite u twinking NR, it shouldn't matter, gimpy nts should be able to land everything on u despite u being an endgamed toon with the best gear on.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

NTs are designed and balanced around landing their nanos.

If any profession is able to be immune to nanos, then NTs cannot be balanced against them. Here is where CB comes into play. CB is a time wasting tool that allows NTs to land their nanos on you. It is a purely nuking class, they are supposed to land nanos on you, deal with it.

CB really isn't the problem, it's the entire concept of LE nukes. This will be fixed.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by SultryVoltron View Post
    CB really isn't the problem
    CB isn't. Duration, spammability and defence check on it, is.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

While I do agree that CB is a bit over the top, comparing NTs landing stuff on someone vs evaders evading stuff isn't much of a comparison if you ever played an NT.

It's bad design of the NT prof that makes them need CB. Because other profs have multiple specials, pets, nukes, regular hits. NTs just have nukes to hit you with. And when their nuke gets countered they cannot do anything else in that time.

So, all that means they should have nearly 100% chance landing their stuff on regular people, after wasting 2-3 sec of their time with this debuff?

Doesn't seem right to me, but OK. Can't wait to see what will happen with this nuke line (it will probably get enhanced like BR and GTH).

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Well with the local cooldown thing coming, where NTs can actually do other crap and cast multiple nukes and whatever, it would (should) be nerfed heavily or removed even.

It's possible it will be. The NT toolset is set to get such a complete overhaul, that it will probably be virtually unrecognisable after all the changes....

X

Quote Originally Posted by mocs View Post
    Attack skills
    Matter creation 50 %
    Psychological modifications 50 %

Defense skills
    Nano resist 55 %
    This is NTs weapon against opponents with high nano resist. It does makes sense that a nano or special designed to lower a defense has a low defense check, otherwise it would be pretty pointless.

Now here is the big irony, and a good example of how the devs are thinking/not thinking. Soldiers have perk specials to lower the dodge of the opponent. It's an attack to lower the defense of opponents with high dodge, so that they can be hit. Makes sense that this is a good special to use against high evaders. However, since the def check is 100% dodge ranged, it is useless against the very opponents it was meant for.

Could it mean that some professions are favoured by the devs over others? Not unlikely, but its more likely they have no clue about the game they are developing, and its simply chance that makes the difference.
    General of First Order

If any profession is able to be immune to nanos, then NTs cannot be balanced against them. Here is where CB comes into play. CB is a time wasting tool that allows NTs to land their nanos on you. It is a purely nuking class, they are supposed to land nanos on you, deal with it.

CB really isn't the problem, it's the entire concept of LE nukes. This will be fixed.

YEAH! and my enforcer is 100% melee dependant, if someone has high evde i wont hit it, where is my -600 evade debuff (x3)!!!!

and also we should have dubble and tripple sneakattacks too!

hehe:P

Quote Originally Posted by Doniger View Post
    It does makes sense that a nano or special designed to lower a defense has a low defense check, otherwise it would be pretty pointless.
    Sort of like the keeper evade debuffs that check against 100% evades (Mark of Vengeance, Mark of the Unhallowed)... Sorry, couldn't help it when you also mentioned that maybe some professions were favoured and others not. I love how everyone in AO is equal and balanced...
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

Quote Originally Posted by msbish View Post
    YEAH! and my enforcer is 100% melee dependant, if someone has high evde i wont hit it, where is my -600 evade debuff (x3)!!!!

and also we should have dubble and tripple sneakattacks too!

hehe:P
    Only if we get the same Runspeed, max hp and healing abilies you have!

Quote Originally Posted by mocs View Post
    Attack skills
    Matter creation 50 %
    Psychological modifications 50 %

Defense skills
    Nano resist 55 %

100% NR check would be fair I'd say.
    how much AR does NT achieve after NR debuff?
    most of all,what did devs smoke when design this nano?
    Gz, you are another who hasn't understood to (attack skill vs defense skill) for this unique debuff.
    debump for stupid OP suggestion
    First level 1 soldier with BOC in Anarchy Online<---[CGS] project
    Owned and killed tl1/2 NW for months, time to leave and give chance to clan "twinks".
    First trader with 100% JAME ql 141 at level30 at rk1
    Clan PVP org[1-220] in one line
    [Questra]: well i hate omnis having side xp [Questra]: but i'm afraid to spoil your fun i'm only gonna plant neutral bases at tl2 now, so you'll have to piss the neuts off if you want to zerg lowbie sites
    Darkirbiska/Darkirbis/Marburg1111/Mavherick/Irbiska/Ultimater2/Ultimater/Ilubtower and some froobs....wtb more slots [retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Sort of like the keeper evade debuffs that check against 100% evades (Mark of Vengeance, Mark of the Unhallowed)... Sorry, couldn't help it when you also mentioned that maybe some professions were favoured and others not. I love how everyone in AO is equal and balanced...
    No need to be sorry, because that is exactly my point. A special or nano used to lower a defence should have a low defense check, or it is pointless. And we can only speculate why the developers plays favoritism with some professions, while others get the short end.
    General of First Order

This is NTs weapon against opponents with high nano resist. It does makes sense that a nano or special designed to lower a defense has a low defense check, otherwise it would be pretty pointless.

Now here is the big irony, and a good example of how the devs are thinking/not thinking. Soldiers have perk specials to lower the dodge of the opponent. It's an attack to lower the defense of opponents with high dodge, so that they can be hit. Makes sense that this is a good special to use against high evaders. However, since the def check is 100% dodge ranged, it is useless against the very opponents it was meant for.

Could it mean that some professions are favoured by the devs over others? Not unlikely, but its more likely they have no clue about the game they are developing, and its simply chance that makes the difference.
    Wth... tracer has a 75% def check on it. If I'm not wearing a def HUD and in offense setup, I can get tracer'd by a decent sold in limber, so I'm sure solds tracer advs easily, as well as semi evade profs. Plus the other evade debuffs are good to use on things like enfs and whatever so you get less FA's missed.

Comparing a perk and a nano is dumb as well. Nanos can be spammed, perks cannot.

Good thing my fullauto lands all the time so that this is fair and balanced, OH WAIT
    Geez take it Eeez son.

Did anyone complain about this nano back when NTs could barely scratch you? Oh they didn't? Hmm... it must be something else then that makes everyone hate NTs. I can't for the life of me figure out what it is, and thus have no idea if there are any plans to change that...

Can anyone help me out here?

OH! That's right, it's IU spam they're afraid of. Stuff hurts when your NR has been debuffed so bad! It's like an auto-cap every time. Nerf that.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

well the thing is NTs have one of the best alphas in game now without tripples or doubles. They alphaed thru my 30k hp setup with 13%. It's sort of unfair when everything they throw at you, lands 100% with no hope of any dmg migation.
    Deathmaster1 220/30/70 Dmsengi 220/28/70
    Dmstanker 220/30/70 Dmsdoc 220/25/70
    Anarchic1 126/15/35 Dmsfix 220/30/70
    Imakeyouoe 164/22/42 Imakeyouoe2 85/9/21

BM of Dark Front - We are recruiting. darkfront.org

However, since the def check is 100% dodge ranged, it is useless against the very opponents it was meant for.
    Heh, makes me think of Flower of Life and moreover, Delirium (moreover, because FoL also heals, whereas Delirium has no other utility than increasing AAO, even though MAs in their current state seldom use FoL only to heal up, well they do but, only against people they can already perk easily such as NTs, Enfs and Sold).
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Gee, makes me think of... Oh, wait, I'm a MP, I have nothing even remotely as useful as any of those counted in here.

MP setup
    Hidden message
    You won.

Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast