Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In depth look at Grand Theft Humidity.

this nano is overpowered, they need to nerf it.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Thanks to the crappy way NTs are designed, our offence is also our defence, stripping a NT completely of both is just wrong. Soldiers with BR only lose defence, there offence is untouched, and additional to this, they have the option of not using AMS and relying on lesser reflects as defence, and not facing BR. While this isn't as good as full AMS, its is still useful.

The only other nano that has this effect on a NT are NSDs. Lets compare them.

GTH:

NR check: 100%
    Attack time: 1.5s
    Recharge 1.5s
    Duration: 60s
    Options for removal: None

NSD:

NR check: 160%
    Attack time: 9.3s
    Recharge: 6s
    Duration: 60s
    Options for removal: Perks, Virus Scanner

NE NSD:

NR check: 100%
    Attack time: 3s
    Recharge: 10s
    Duration: 15s
    Options for removal: Perks, Virus Scanner

Seems completely unbalanced compared to the two NSDs, the high NR check/long duration NSD with a shorter but still long recharge, or the low NR check/short duration NSD with a long recharge, both having multiple options for removal, GTH has none.

Doesn't just stop NT from doing anything for the 60s duration either, once it expires we have to wait to refill our nanopool again. Really is stupid, easy to spam until it lands, relatively easy to land, and when it lands you can ignore that NT completely for a good 75-90s or so. Unless you wanna recast it after 60s...

In comparison, needs a 15s duration with a much longer recharge on it, or a 160% NR check. Options for removal also.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

To me, most of the things are pretty fine except duration: 60 seconds is too long
    "Ignorance is bliss."
    Phat'est Trader on Rimor
    Phat = Pretty Hot and Tempting.
    Entrepreneur Grandmaster "Chacapo" Baiter - Forever Nerfed
    Also known as 'Poir'
    Clanners will be crushed!
    Omni-Tek shall prevail!
    One of the First Traders on Rimor To Have Nanobot Defense and Grand Theft Humidity

Quote Originally Posted by Nanotehnpoir View Post
    To me, most of the things are pretty fine except duration: 60 seconds is too long
    The 1.5 recharge is also bad, what's the point in getting lucky and resisting it if the trader can just immediately try again?
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

PS: people who put things like this in their sig are really dumb, "One of the First Traders on Rimor To Have Nanobot Gimpfense and Grand Theft Humidity"

I could see putting "the first level 220 on the server" or "the first to loot a burden" but people putting crap like that in their sigs is retarded.

i guess i should put "the first to delete a 50k stack of ammo at 3:47 am in the morning on septermber 25 2005 at trade grid while someone /tell me for buffs while i was in sneak hiding cause i was flagged" that would make me cool huh.
    R.I.P. AO
    Quote Originally Posted by quitter187 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ats View Post
    PS: people who put things like this in their sig are really dumb, "One of the First Traders on Rimor To Have Nanobot Gimpfense and Grand Theft Humidity"

I could see putting "the first level 220 on the server" or "the first to loot a burden" but people putting crap like that in their sigs is retarded.

i guess i should put "the first to delete a 50k stack of ammo at 3:47 am in the morning on septermber 25 2005 at trade grid while someone /tell me for buffs while i was in sneak hiding cause i was flagged" that would make me cool huh.
    off topic bai

Quote Originally Posted by Mavritanic View Post
    good try, but FC never change nanos after release. Never! Dunno why =(
    They changed Frenzy of Shells(Fixer nano) to add Full Auto after they decided to lower the Full auto req for the hawk.

They also changed a few bugs in Power of Three and Power Burst to fix that proj AC to proj dmg(wish they would of snuck in Art of Peace with that fix as well )

There is a chance.. just need to get Emails and PMs sent in the right areas.
    Spartanx9 220/25/70 -Inactive
    [TR]Zuka Zamamee level 50 Grenadier, Executive of Aethyr Knights, Pegasus Server. -Long Live TR-

Silirrion:I was a gimp

I stand alone on the road to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    You cannot compare GHT vs NT and Borrow Reflect vs Soldier. Soldier still has full offence after getting hit with BR. NT has no defence nor offence with GTH in NCU...
    Unless ofcourse the soldier is actually trying to kill the trader in question (or anyone else is trying to for that matter) in which case, no offence against them. That said the soldier picking off other targets in that time is gonna go down, be it from the Trader themselves or anyone else that's paying attention.

On the same note you could claim Docs can still heal and attack due to a number of heal perks and ubt procs. But the end is again inevitably death.

Or a NT can... uh... dunno, probably gimp themselves horribly by running around with AS weapons on like everyone else just to pvp.

--------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Just to add I don't like any nano that completely destroys OR disables any prof. I did'nt like it when triple was one hitting fixers/ma's, nor did I like the unresistable crat stuns (regardless of landing % your out of that fight completely for the duration).

But the fact is that IS the way FC is going with the trader prof, basically making it the prof everyone hates like the plague in PvP but who will themselves still feel the need for love in PvM being completely ignored.
    Last edited by Kuthos; Aug 16th, 2007 at 23:46:43.
    Kzuria (???/??) - Keeper : Last resort.
    Khaer (213/15) - Soldier : Forced Retirement, Hackers can rot in hell. I hope you die.
    Kuthos (220/20) - Martial Artist : Retired

Oh RLY? No wait. they do, lol.
    Chemical "Domman" Ecstasy - 22022 Martial Artist of Spartans.
    Humpage "Archsavior" Heals - 21815 Inherited Doctor
    Stupid "Domm02" Trox - 16422 Enforcer

I think this nano would be fine if a couple of things were changed:
    Level lock 175+
    Remove the nanodelta debuff. (Or stop the nano drain from negative nano delta)
    Allow the nano to be cleared with rods and virus scanners.
    Tone down the debuff vs docs.

I would be fine with just 175 level lock though, tl7 traders need some love.

Nonsense, after Neural Stunner was released, the changed it, they nerfed the recharge to hell, making the nano crap. When LE was released they also altered NS1/2 to cast defensive focus so LE nukes wouldn't work for 30 minutes afterwards, making it cr...oh wait NS2 was crap anyway.

Point being, its ok to changed nanos after they make it in game, if they somehow nerf NTs.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Quote Originally Posted by Nanofox1 View Post
    Nonsense, after Neural Stunner was released, the changed it, they nerfed the recharge to hell, making the nano crap. When LE was released they also altered NS1/2 to cast defensive focus so LE nukes wouldn't work for 30 minutes afterwards, making it cr...oh wait NS2 was crap anyway.

Point being, its ok to changed nanos after they make it in game, if they somehow nerf NTs.
    Didn't they balance triple a little too, or was that on beta?
    Chemical "Domman" Ecstasy - 22022 Martial Artist of Spartans.
    Humpage "Archsavior" Heals - 21815 Inherited Doctor
    Stupid "Domm02" Trox - 16422 Enforcer

I heard rumours of lessened damage somewhere. I never seen it, so maybe.

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts

Its All About The Phats.
    As ive started playing my NT again a lot, this GTH has irritated me considerably. Ive considered making a post about it myself but i tend to explain myself poorly.

Wrangline, ur post is great. My main problem with the nano is that it lasts too long. As an NT, i tend to try and bail as soon as this nano lands on me, since the toon is all but unplayable. Moving is about the only functional thing left to do. Its my opinion that in this time its the traders oppurtunity to take me down.

As you rightly stated, at this time GTH cannot be removed with virus scanners. This leaves me in a situation where i may aswell get up and go afk from the computer whilst it runs out. Maybe take a bio or make a coffee. That just aint right 0.o

Id considered suggesting a time nerf, but as you so eloquently put it, in a fight, it wouldnt matter as it would just be recast.

So the final word for me is as you suggested. Make virus scanners work against GTH, and imho - the nano will be fine, traders need some lovin and this nano gives them a chance to kill some hard ass profs, and i wont need to go find something else to do everytime i have this cast on me.
    Acetsuntura (220]/21/70) - Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ats View Post

Sorry that I'm not remotely as intelligent as you, I'm just... too stupid to even understand how stupid I am...

And yes, you unveiled my secret plan, I was trying to do it to make people think I was really cool and all that..

DARN you're smart!
    "Ignorance is bliss."
    Phat'est Trader on Rimor
    Also known as 'Poir'
    Omni-Tek shall prevail!
    One of the First Traders on Rimor To Have Nanobot Defense and Grand Theft Humidity

Or just make it so if anyone casts this nano on a doc/NT, it disables the auto /afk kick from BS on them aswell

Quote Originally Posted by barg View Post
    Also please please please please put some tl7 reqs on the new stuff.
    BAMPETIBAMP

Funcom, wise up and put atleast 175+ level req on stuff for traders.
    Even if your stocks dropped to 9 today. (I believe it was 21'ish a year ago?)

Nice post, there's a lot of truth in the fact that traders need some improvements, but that it is the wrong kind of improvement that targets the wrong professions. Up until this nano FC has managed to make the most balanced PvP environment on battlestations that I've ever encountered. It would be sad to disrupt this balance in an attempt to bring one of the few slightly underpowered professions up to par.

On a side note I think it's sad that a trader professional asks for 210+ trader love out of the blue without participating in the discussion around GTH.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    The 1.5 recharge is also bad, what's the point in getting lucky and resisting it if the trader can just immediately try again?
    Because a lot of professions tend to have more NR than trader has nanoskills

Not to mention if the trader isn't pre-drained...
    "Ignorance is bliss."
    Phat'est Trader on Rimor
    Also known as 'Poir'
    Omni-Tek shall prevail!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    But this is completely backwards. It works best vs the professions we needed the least amount of help with and helps the least vs the professions we did needed the most amount of help with.
    I think it's supposed to be that way. Make you more efficient at killing what traders are good at killing, and leave them vulnerable to some other professions

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    Against NT's GTH is a "I win" nano. I don't like it one bit. I don't understand what is so special about NT's that they deserve to stand there with no offense and no defense after 2 sec just because a trader happened to see them. PvP should not be like that for any profession in any mmorpg. Thats all I gotta say about that.
    NTs used to have this for fixers wearing GA. An "I win" nano. Couldn't even evac. It was never removed, fixers remained vulnerable to it until Shadowlands gave us something better than GA.

I agree with you that the way the -2000 nano delta work is likely a bug. Also, proportionally, it seems like the trader drains have lost a lot of effectiveness than back before Shadowlands, when traders were considered the king of PvP. Weapon and nano skills are now 2-3x higher than before. There was a time when drains were a huge problem for fixers because it could OE our GA. Now, drains don't affect nano skills, we can overcast our combat nanos by 1k
    Sabar, the GA wearing Atrox.Yes, the rumors are true
    -
    Bring back the save password!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast