Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Request for Community help - AO & Awesomonium Now Working In Wine

Maybe you can try my instructions:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...6&postcount=88

If my process fails at any point, it should not affect your current 1.3.15 installation.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Another issue i experience with default unpatched wine installation - aside from the mouselook issue, is that the client always crash when i switch task i.e. alt+tab to another app. No matter which other app and i think even workgroup, the AO client will crash into bits garning my desktop with tiny cogs and wheels and segments of the code.

is that a known issue aswell?
    "Death is only a change to be reincarnated in the recreation machine"
    -------------------

I wonder which angel I'm born with. The good angel or the bad angel? Or if both, which did i forsaken?
    God.. help me..

I don't think it's a "known issue", but AO generally has problems backgrounding and switching to other apps if it is in full-screen mode. I think it dislikes having the screen resolution change.

Try running AO in windowed mode or running it in a virtual desktop (check box in winecfg).

Just an fyi for people...

I updated Wine on Lion using the patches listed in this thread, it fixed mouselook and mousesteer issues for me.

But before I got it to work, I was getting an error like this:

wine: Call from 0x7b82c212 to unimplemented function msvcp80.dll.?reserve@?$basic_string@DU?$char_trait s@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAEXI@Z, aborting

It took quite a bit of hunting for me to figure it out, this was the solution:

http://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.ph...a62f23cc095233

Specifically:

---

dimesio wrote:
    Fred2 wrote:
    After adding msvcp80, I got the described errors although it used to work in previous versions.

Try renaming the file x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727. 4053_none_deadbeef.manifest. (Just append something to the name so it's easy to revert.) It is located in the wineprefix's windows/winsxs/manifests directory.

Yep. This worked for me

Code:
    /.wine/drive_c/windows/winsxs/manifests $ mv x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727. 4053_none_deadbeef.manifest x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727. 4053_none_deadbeef.manifest_

---

You may have to remove msvcr80 from the Libraries tab in Winetricks and/or reinstall it using winetricks --force vcrun2005 -- I messed around with those also but I think the rename of the manifest was what ultimately fixed it.

Are you building Wine 1.3.27? I think that bug got fixed in 1.3.28. The latest 1.3.36 is working fine once again for me. No crashes on zone. Item store is fine. Still needs raw mouse patch, of course.

And it appears that the OldCigarettes patch was trumped by a new one built for Wine rather than Windows:

Since somebody emailed me about this patch, I'll make an update.

Do not use this patch, as stated above, there is a better alternative version - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6901628/raw3.patch . You can find instructions how to apply it in the "How to get the latest WINE's git working" comment - http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=22521 .
    https://gist.github.com/895204#gistcomment-71400

I will try it now and report back with the result.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants
    Arrowsmith -- Arafellin -- Alphacenta -- Aesculapias -- Wolfseye -- Lysdexic

TL5 enf twink: im out those MPs are to overpowered

crattey: The Balance Discussion forum. Where common sense goes to die.

So, confirmed as working on Wine-1.5.4:

- Patch wine sources with patch -p1 raw3.patch
    - Execute ./tools/make_requests from the build directory of Wine

Then compile the sources as normal. When done, create the ~/.wine-ao directory:

- export WINEPREFIX=~/.wine-ao
    - winecfg to get the prefix initialised
    - Download winetricks and then: sh winetricks vcrun2005

- Download and install and patch the full large AO client from here: http://l3cdn.ageofconan.com/download...P1_EP2_EP3.exe

There is **NO NEED** to install Internet Explorer any more to get the launcher working.

Gentoo users that are lazy can edit the src_prepare() part of their wine ebuild with the following in the local overlay:

Code:
            epatch "${FILESDIR}"/${PN}-raw3.patch
            echo calling make_requests
            pushd ${WORKDIR}/wine-1.5.4
            ./tools/make_requests
            popd
            echo eof calling make_requests
    And place the raw3.patch renamed as wine-raw3.patch in the files directory of the atom. I assume that you know how to create local ebuilds and emerge stuff already if you're a Gentoo user or you wouldn't have gotten very far.
    Lupusceleri L220/30/70 Agent -- Advisor of Spartans -- equip endgame AR setup endgame def setup <3 Azs wearer of Cheree's pants

But gweh, it crashes when I join the BattleStation:

Code:
    fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
    fixme:ntdll:NtLockFile I/O completion on lock not implemented yet
    fixme:file:ReplaceFileW Ignoring flags 2
    The resource_check_usage is nothing, but the last two lines seem to be related to the crash.

Any Wine geeks have an idea?

I get a D3D related problem with wine 1.5.4, I'm using 1.5.3 and everything seems to work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lliers View Post
    I get a D3D related problem with wine 1.5.4, I'm using 1.5.3 and everything seems to work fine.
    Downgrading to 1.5.3 seems to work, ran around various cities for two hours and no crash. But sadly the game is too dead to get in BS this early.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    Downgrading to 1.5.3 seems to work, ran around various cities for two hours and no crash. But sadly the game is too dead to get in BS this early.
    I got into BS and crashed again.

Code:
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bcb1d00 "/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-1.5.3-r1/work/wine-1.5.3/dlls/ntdll/server.c: fd_cache_section" wait timed out in thread 002d, blocked by 003e, retrying (60 sec)
    err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x7bcb1d00 "/var/tmp/portage/app-emulation/wine-1.5.3-r1/work/wine-1.5.3/dlls/ntdll/server.c: fd_cache_section" wait timed out in thread 0045, blocked by 003e, retrying (60 sec)

Huh. This is new. Does the last 1.4 version of wine work? If so you've discovered a new regression and it needs a bug submitted.

Huh. This is new. Does the last 1.4 version of wine work? If so you've discovered a new regression and it needs a bug submitted.
    Well after this crash I logged in again and played battlestation for two hours straight no relogs.

Did it fix itself? Will have to see if it can be reproduced first and how rare it is.

Has anyone been able to play AO 18.5 using Wine? I can get the new character selection screen, and after I log on and choose my character, I get the AO logo screen fade in, and then AO crashes. The last message I see in the console before the debugger message is:

fixme:iphlpapi:CancelIPChangeNotify (overlapped 0x304d010): stub

Hey Lliers,

works on my side with the good ol'e wine-1.3.26 on Mac OS X (patched) from the OP. I haven't tried upgrading (and now fear it ).

regards
    /Z
    Level 200 Nanomage Nano-Technician on Rimor speaking... - Unit Commander of Knights of Ka
    Toons:(*=froobs)
    Zzzzzzwap* (inofficial main),
    Krisplin* (main, but buff whore),
    Theophrastus* (piercing doc - aka froob shade)
    Kosminski (Shade - Yes, i went paid...)
    Codeleet (s10 & pvp)
    ~ Founder of TL5+ - Rimor TL5+ froob raid force ~ || ~ My Tweet... ~

Ok. Working now. I'm not sure what combination of reinstalling AO, deleting all the .tmp files in all my preferences subdirectories, or messing with the settings seems to have fixed it.

Wine 1.5.3 -- anything afterwards currently has rendering issues

Has anyone been able to play AO 18.5 using Wine? I can get the new character selection screen, and after I log on and choose my character, I get the AO logo screen fade in, and then AO crashes. The last message I see in the console before the debugger message is:

fixme:iphlpapi:CancelIPChangeNotify (overlapped 0x304d010): stub
    It worked right off the bat for me after I patched up, with the installation I used to play the previous patch (that was also what I installed it on). Using Wine 1.5.3 with raw3.patch as 1.5.4 crashed all the time when I tried it.

My other problem is that I only get a white screen when opening market search and a message that Awesomium.exe - *cough* not so awesome *cough* - has crashed. The thread title says "Awesomium now working in Wine", did anyone actually manage to do that or does working here mean that we only managed to get it to **** off enough to stop crashing the complete AO client?

And the saddest part of it all being that Awesomium has a native Linux client but we've got to run it through Wine. :\

http://awesomium.com/download/

Quote Originally Posted by Lupusceleri View Post
    The thread title says "Awesomium now working in Wine", did anyone actually manage to do that or does working here mean that we only managed to get it to **** off enough to stop crashing the complete AO client?
    Yes, it did actually work, at least when I tried it over a year ago:
    http://jhakonen.com/kuvat/wine-ao.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Marebone View Post
    Yes, it did actually work, at least when I tried it over a year ago:
    http://jhakonen.com/kuvat/wine-ao.jpg
    Sweet, did you have to do any special patching to get that done and which Wine version is it?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast