Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Disharmony

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavehugenick
    Sadly there's not one simple item/perk bandaid fix that can help here, entire class needs rework and reimagining.
    Parry and riposte shields

Active defense

A possible suggestion for the perkline

Since its called disharmony, i'll assume that its supposed to cause disharmony to the opponent

So what about everytime it proc, crit chance reducers (like the ones we get from the CiB perkline are reduced) It would also work against mobs like redeemed types that are crit resistant.

Other idea, it could remove nanos in the opponent ncu, or it could remove some of the opponent NCU.
    Last edited by Duc-Esteban; Jul 26th, 2012 at 00:35:50.
    Its funny how traditional biologists seek mechanisms avidly, but still assert that biology cannot be treated like a machine.

ya, or as I suggested, remove AAD or AAO or add damage on the oponent in small procs that can stack.

Or a small 2s unremovable root.

All those things aren't unreasonable and "fit" with the "disharmony" idea.

Obviously, though, the coolest thing would be if it actually caused disharmony and on a successful proc would cause the opponent to 1. drop team and 2. not recieve any friendly auras over a period of time

lolworthy? kinda but obviously the appropriate extension of the name of the perkline.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    I'm unfamiliarized with the backfire for engies?
    Some of the more popular professions switching to weapon setup that has 3 ranged specials with super fast recharge? Figure it out.

Back in a day i could stand in group of 10 people with barely anyone even trying to press their specials, everyone does it nowadays as blockers go down very easy.

NCU coolant sink
    Yep, all hail the new NCUs.

Quote Originally Posted by Duc-Esteban View Post
    Parry and riposte shields

Active defense
    a)thats 3 things

b) we're mostly discussing weapons

c) i don't know whats the problem with MA defense, exactly? Unless we're talking about people who use 2005 low-HP setups and then complain about perk alphas, in which case the problem is between chair and keyboard.

ohya my blockers on engi disappear in about 2 seconds.

fixers ftl.

Why on earth did this Disharmony thread turn into a PvP tool thread ?! Disharmony never was a PvP oriented perk line, nor should it become one.
    Disharmonys' one and only purpose was to add more damage (and a tiny heal, that was a pain vs reflects), and now a big chunk of it is taken away.

Like I already said in this very thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    since the perk is no longer a drain proc, but a heal, why not return the damage part of the perk back, it won't effect the heal in... you know... no way what...so...ever...
    This way, the perk line will be acting the same way as before 18.5.0 - heal-wise it would have that measly 300ish heal at rank 10 & damage-wise, it would actually do what it did before - do more damage... and MAs are lacking it lately. Let's face it, damage-wise, MAs are behind some profs that shouldn't be ODing them (crats/engies), as the only prof that should logically be able to OD MAs are shades.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Is it just me to think it's crazy that Eng and Crats which imo are more support oriented professions OD an MA?

Quote Originally Posted by NayNay9 View Post
    Is it just me to think it's crazy that Eng and Crats which imo are more support oriented professions OD an MA?
    No, because "support profession" is a stupid designation.
    I am wiser than any god or scientist, for I have squared the circle and cubed Earth's sphere, thus I have created 4 simultaneous separate 24 hour days within a 4-corner (as in a 4-corner classroom) rotation of Earth. See for yourself the absolute proof.

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post

Like I already said in this very thread:
    This way, the perk line will be acting the same way as before 18.5.0 - heal-wise it would have that measly 300ish heal at rank 10 & damage-wise, it would actually do what it did before - do more damage... and MAs are lacking it lately. Let's face it, damage-wise, MAs are behind some profs that shouldn't be ODing them (crats/engies), as the only prof that should logically be able to OD MAs are shades.
    /sarcasm Would be to OP according to the fantastic geniuses that run this game. They know all of course since its there game they know what we need!

Quote Originally Posted by NayNay9 View Post
    No, and why does it matter anyway? You're not competing for PvM team spots with either.

Your problem is same as all the hybrids: overpowered Docs. After DB quest nanos they became so ridicolously powerful in PvM, nobody ever cares for secondary/tertiary healer anymore.

MA's don't really bring enough healing to the table to matter.

The only reason an MA might matter is if DPS mattered, in which case MA's would get overlooked for teames to engies and shades anyway.

MA's *could* bring crit auras, evade auras, or some subtle sweet ass team parry critical hit blocker system or soemthing.

Back on topic:

So, since the procced extra HIT was removed on disharmony, MA's got an unneeded nerf.

So, how about that proc is put back in?

So, before the add dmg to perks patch, the proc (50% chance) hit was for 300 damage.
    It healed for 312 hp as I recall.

Now, the heal is for 300, and the proc doesn't cause any extra damage to the opponent.

I'd really like to see a damage proc re-introduced.

Here's some proc chances on other profs:

Traders: 35% total. 25% on lifetap, 5% each on AAO type LE procs for life drains (all subject to add dmg)
    Shades: 35% I think same again, 25% on ceremonial embrace, 5% on both lifedrain LE procs (all subject to add dmg)
    Keepers: 19% on divine sanctifier, subject to add dmg
    Agent: not sure haven't checked but I think it's higher than 5% with "Waves" line
    Advy, Engi, Crat: 5% on LE proc (combust on advy, drone missiles on engi, can't recall on crat) (both subject to add dmg)

Ok, so the point is that MA's WERE at the top of the heap with a monumental 50% proc chance which is synergistic with our incredible nearly 60 white dmg hits per minute, (which is where MA's have traditionally always got their damage from), but, after this change, not only did MA's lose out on their best and only damage proc, but they lose out on ALL the add damage affecting that proc and the implications thereof.

Now, Pure DPS spec MA's using arguably prof designed Kuma Tonfa's, are actually being surpassed in damage by such profs as traders and potentially Keepers, using the weapons due to the frequency of procs associated with white damage hits.

I'm not asking for nerfs on traders or keepers, but clearly, MA's have got a pretty goddam big nerf on PVM damage while a lot of other profs have piggybacked on the success of weapons designed for MA's and are using them more effectively.

So what gives?

The best fix I can see here is as follows:

Reintroduce a damage proc on disharmony ranging from

10 dmg @10% chance on disharmony 1 (1 perk invested)
    20 dmg @11% 2 perks
    40 dmg @12% 3 perks
    60 dmg @ 13% 4 perks
    80 dmg @ 14% 5 perks
    100 dmg @ 15% 5 perks
    150 dmg @ 16% 6 perks
    200 dmg @ 17% 7 perks
    300 dmg @ 18% 8 perks
    400 dmg @ 20% 9 perks
    500 dmg @ 25% 10 perks

All subject to add dmg as well, and maintain the heal proc at 50% and 300 hp per heal proc.

Aye reintroduce this please. It's a joke how easy it is to outdamage MA's, and MA's are suppose to be a DD profession.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Back on topic:

So, since the procced extra HIT was removed on disharmony, MA's got an unneeded nerf.
    You seem to forget damage shields. Probably intentional.

And, if you believe that this proc (300 dmg/50%) was the reason MAs had that awesome damage than the problem has to be somewhere else.

Here's some proc chances on other profs:

Traders: 35% total. 25% on lifetap, 5% each on AAO type LE procs for life drains (all subject to add dmg)

It's a flat out 25% chance, 624 damage, subject to nano damage modifiers. Returns 81% aka 505 HP, which is subject to heal modifiers.

And only an MA would use the Trader LE life tap procs. Further more, Probability distribution works a bit different.

Maybe some math genius here can calculate us the chances of proccing any of the three events, but including the fact that two or even three of those events are not possible to happen at the same time.
    Last edited by Shareida; Nov 21st, 2012 at 22:32:44.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    You seem to forget damage shields. Probably intentional.

And, if you believe that this proc (300 dmg/50%) was the reason MAs had that awesome damage than the problem has to be somewhere else.

It's a flat out 25% chance, 624 damage, subject to nano damage modifiers. Returns 81% aka 505 HP, which is subject to heal modifiers.

And only an MA would use the Trader LE life tap procs. Further more, Probability distribution works a bit different.

Maybe some math genius here can calculate us the chances of proccing any of the three events, but including the fact that two or even three of those events are not possible to happen at the same time.
    25% on lifetap, 5% on LE type 1, 5% on LE type 2, 25%+5%+5%=35%

Is it conclusive that those procs do not ever fire on the same hit?

Also, has nothing to do with probability.

Also, The dmg proc didn't provide a lot of damage to MA's, this is tru, but every other prof that HAS procs, damage increased significantly. Given the fact that MA's are supposed to be a DPS prof.... why was our major source of DPS removed?

Is it conclusive that those procs do not ever fire on the same hit?
    This makes a massive difference (independent vs dependent events).

Assuming all procs can fire on the same mob (therefore independent events) then we can calculate the chance of at least one of them firing as the converse of the probability that none of them fire.

So, some quick and dirty math, 1-.25, 1-.05, 1-.05 gives us .75, .95, and .95 chances that each of the procs do not fire. Again, since we are assuming they are independent, we multiply them together and have approximately .68 as our chance that none of the procs fire.

The converse, then, gives us the probability that at least one of the procs fires, bringing us to 32% chance of at least one proc firing.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
    This makes a massive difference (independent vs dependent events).

Assuming all procs can fire on the same mob attack (therefore independent events) then we can calculate the chance of at least one of them firing as the converse of the probability that none of them fire.

So, some quick and dirty math, 1-.25, 1-.05, 1-.05 gives us .75, .95, and .95 chances that each of the procs do not fire. Again, since we are assuming they are independent, we multiply them together and have approximately .68 as our chance that none of the procs fire.

The converse, then, gives us the probability that at least one of the procs fires, bringing us to 32% chance of at least one proc firing.
    Agree - and fixed for you.

IF you can have more than one proc on any given white damage hit, the chance is 32%

If it is impossible to have more than one proc on any given white damage hit, the chance is

0.32-(0.25*0.05+0.25*0.05+0.05*0.05+0.05*0.05*0.25) = 0.32 - 0.028125

=0.29 or 29%.

which is still very high. However I disagree that you can't have more than one proc on a hit. so I'm inclined to say 32% proc chance all in.

Our org MA professional is telling me after rebalance MA's will get some new tricks to replace Disharmony, what are these new tricks? Will shades get a damage nerf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

proc on any given white damage hit, the chance is 32%
    That's what I meant, it made sense to me!
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    Our org MA professional is telling me after rebalance MA's will get some new tricks to replace Disharmony, what are these new tricks? Will shades get a damage nerf?
    "our org ma professional"? melizabe is **** D
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast