Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [ALL] FJRK: Victory to the Clans in 4 Holes Bridge Battle

[ALL] FJRK: Victory to the Clans in 4 Holes Bridge Battle

Victory to the Clans in 4 Holes Bridge Battle
    April 06, 29484 - [Global]

FJRK - 4 Holes - 29th/30th March 29484 - A large encounter between Clan and Omni-Tek fighters results in a battle for the Clable bridge between Andromeda and 4 Holes. Unionist forces and Clan allies push back the Omni-Tek foothold resulting in a clear victory for the Clans.

For many, the first signs that something big was going on were public IRRK News Wire broadcasts made by both sides calling for backup and reinforcements. Others certainly knew that something was stirring in the south of 4 Holes even earlier than this.

By what we could gather about the events leading up to the battle, it seems that the Unionists Clan had sent messages to their allies concerning an Omni Armed Forces plan to secure the southern route into 4 Holes. The subsequent movement of troops resulted in both sides of the bridge being heavily fortified with anti-personnel turrets, artillery and infantry. It also transpired (in a cautionary IRRK broadcast) that landmines had been set in the area against mechs and other armour.

Once both sides had prepared their defences, small skirmishes across the bridge led to calls for volunteers and eventually a large-scale battle as the tester advances turned into bloody frays. We spoke to a Unionist Commander Zimm Firn, who told us of the tactical developments.

"Well at first them Omnis teased us a bit. Came at us then retreated. 'Course they're basically cowards, but I'll give them a little credit here - I reckon they were trying to pull us onto their turrets. They think they got superior APTs, you see... just arrogance really. But we held our ground without falter. They came with mechs... we blasted 'em with rockets. They came on foot... we cut them down, gun and axe. They tried to flank... we stood and laughed while our mines threw 'em around."

As I watched, the battle grew... There was confusion, there was deafening noise, there were nano-tracers flowing back and forth just as often as bullets. Every so often the ground would rumble beneath my feet as a landmine would hurl people and mechs off the bridge and into the water. Wave after wave of Omnis broke against the solid clan lines and the tide of the battle ebbed back and forth across the bridge.

"Our objective at this point was to get our engineers across the river to rig their ammunition dumps." the Unionist commander told us afterwards. "Their turrets were pretty tough. But our allies in mechs managed to disable a few of them. We thought it'd be a cakewalk after that."

But the Omni fighters had one more cowardly ploy. Sounding their retreat again, they launched a massive long-range artillery strike against the clan lines, causing the clan fighters - who were preparing another assault - to run for cover. The Omni forces then crossed the bridge in the biggest assault yet... a last ditch charge against the bruised clan defences.

"We knew it was over then... oh no, not for us. For them! They were desperate. All we had to do was regroup, protect our ammo supplies and it was only a matter of time."

And sure enough, the deadly-looking Omni charge was held at bay as their number thinned. Slowly at first, as the Omnis met the stationary turrets and could not push through. And then quicker as the Clan fighters regrouped and surrounded the Omni assault. Then, with the Omni forces decimated, the Unionists sounded their own charge against the Omni defense. And off they went at an incredible pace and number. The Omni defenses stood no chance and the feeble waves of reinforcements hardly made it to viewing distance of the river before being cut off by the Clan fighters. Once again the air sang and the earth shook with the sound of grenades, gunfire, sword-on-armour and the laughter of the Clans as they mopped up the routing Omnis or watched with frustration as the cowardly officer commanding the Omni-Tek troops evacuated with a teleportation nanoprogram.

"They'll think twice before coming this way again. And yeah, big thanks to all who volunteered with us, couldn't have done it without you... and to the Omnis. Not a bad effort blues, see you next time... briefly. Ha!" Said our Unionist friend, Zimm Firn. "Just goes to show. Omnis just strut around with shiny armour and guns. They ain't got any kind of real hold on us any more. Just look at the notum wars. And here... So yeah, we fight. We fight a lot. That's what happens on a battlefield where death is just a redeployment. But they ain't made any real ground into 4 Holes since we kicked 'em out. Whichever way they come, we'll be here... I'll be here and whatever Clanner wants to join me. We'll stand against the ineffective waves of blue dots as we laugh and brush them away."

A certain victory for the Clans. The southern route into 4 Holes remains a safe passage for all.

Well... except Omni-Tek.

Quote Originally Posted by Editor: FJRK View Post
    Victory to the Clans in 4 Holes Bridge Battle
    April 06, 29484 - [Global]

[b]FJRK - 4 Holes - 29th/30th March 29484 - A large encounter between Clan and Omni-Tek fighters results in a battle for the Clable bridge.
    Yep, it's a Clan article alright, they can't even spell "cable."

And besides, this isn't going to change security at 4 Holes for anything. We'll still be able to run through the city with abandon.
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Hum, well maybe you can be excused, as your probably running from your life in that area thanks to the Unionist presence. But the name of the bridge IS... Clable. A quick check on your Hud ((try F9 as you run through )), and you'll see the the name for the area.
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

Quote Originally Posted by StanimirB View Post
    Hum, well maybe you can be excused, as your probably running from your life in that area thanks to the Unionist presence. But the name of the bridge IS... Clable. A quick check on your Hud ((try F9 as you run through )), and you'll see the the name for the area.
    (( Seriously? "Clable?" Sorry, but that's a horrible name for a bridge... "Clable Bridge" sounds like an intentional spelling mistake ))
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    (( Seriously? "Clable?" Sorry, but that's a horrible name for a bridge... "Clable Bridge" sounds like an intentional spelling mistake ))
    (ooc: yeah you're not the only one that got that one messed up. several others thought it was a typo as well, me included.)
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Hmm..Well for some reasons this didn't surprise me..

heh yay for clan
    “You can't undo anything you've already done, but you can face up to it. You can tell the truth. You can seek forgiveness. And then let fate do the rest.”
    Proud Member of steadfast <3
    Love you guys! <3

I think write good story.

Quote Originally Posted by Wulf-GTI View Post
    I think write good story.
    Exactly, a good story. The battle didn't go like that, but naturally that doesn't prevent clanner-propaganda splurting out such a story.

((OOC: was there difference in Atlantean and Rimor? On Atlantean clan didn't win, at least. That, or I'm thinking entirely different event...))

Quote Originally Posted by Keanne View Post
    Exactly, a good story. The battle didn't go like that, but naturally that doesn't prevent clanner-propaganda splurting out such a story.
    Poor loser. At least have the common decency to accept defeat like someone who respects themself.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbacrush View Post
    Poor loser. At least have the common decency to accept defeat like someone who respects themself.
    Your statement makes no sense whatsoever.

Your statement makes no sense whatsoever.
    Of course not, people who lack that courage wouldn't get it.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Of course not, people who lack that courage wouldn't get it.
    And here I thought you were at least somewhat literate. Entirely my mistake.

But perhaps you can understand that if you use words in different meanings than what's generally accepted, it does often hinder the communication.

For example, consider the following sentence: Insane people are often courageous.

If you swap the meanings of courageous and insane, the meaning of sentence would change, at least somewhat.

And here I thought you were at least somewhat literate. Entirely my mistake.

But perhaps you can understand that if you use words in different meanings than what's generally accepted, it does often hinder the communication.

For example, consider the following sentence: Insane people are often courageous.

If you swap the meanings of courageous and insane, the meaning of sentence would change, at least somewhat.
    Your thoughts aren't the only thing eluding you then, eh, Overseer? Perhaps if I use smaller words, or larger lettering perhaps? Actually, while were at it, perhaps I could write it in crayon for you? What I mean is, I am not against being more specific about it to help you better understand the situation.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Your thoughts aren't the only thing eluding you then, eh, Overseer? Perhaps if I use smaller words, or larger lettering perhaps? Actually, while were at it, perhaps I could write it in crayon for you? What I mean is, I am not against being more specific about it to help you better understand the situation.
    Crayons will do fine.

The given battle aside, what would be the point in admitting defeat? Even if one battle is lost, the war goes on, and admitting defeat in the war means one admits permanent death.

If you get killed during your precious fight for freedom, do you toss away your weapons and accept shackles? Is that the kind of courage you are talking about? The courage to give up your ideals and your life?

More and more I see the differences between our two people.

The point of admitting defeat carries no shame for us. If you are bested, it only means that. The cards have been drawn and the hand is played. Merely, that is the result. It changes nothing. Admitting you have been bested, especially to a superior foe, is honourable. It means you have the perception to understand, and the will to fight that foe anyway. To us, it means you act on your conviction, even when others threaten you. That is admirable.

I've been killed multiple times for my freedom, and yet still I continue. I have lost a few battles, but its an opportunity to show you, Overseer, that I will continue to stand up... and moreso to the point... oh how I LOVE standing up.

So when I look you in the eye from across the battlefield, you will know my resolve by blows or by stare... that you face an enemy that does NOT fear you.

That is the courage I am talking about. Face me eye to eye and stand in front of me with that, and its just as admirable as standing next to me. Do you understand now?
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Ah, yes. The famous clan freedom.
    It's really incredible when you think about it.
    Fight year after year just so you don't have to go to work like a good employee.
    I'm sure that time could be spent better in the mines.
    I guess it is true. Being lazy is hard work
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

((OOC: was there difference in Atlantean and Rimor? On Atlantean clan didn't win, at least. That, or I'm thinking entirely different event...))
    OOC, you are thinking about a different event, because clan *did* win on this one.
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

I think congratulations are in order. Good work!
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    Ah, yes. The famous clan freedom.
    It's really incredible when you think about it.
    Fight year after year just so you don't have to go to work like a good employee.
    I'm sure that time could be spent better in the mines.
    I guess it is true. Being lazy is hard work
    Wow, that was a cheese-covered monument to ignorance. Got anything else you'd like to add so we can be even less impressed by your lore of us?
    Last edited by Bubbacrush; Apr 12th, 2010 at 20:20:00.
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Wow, that was a cheese-covered monument to ignorance. Got anything else you'd like to add so we can be even less impressed by your lore of us?
    Soap?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast