Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Symb twinking for the 220 nanomage engi - a personal perspective

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    I also upgraded my r-arm by adding an Add All Off cluster, making it a QL 299 Right-Arm with Burst and Add All Off. I made it ql299 since it is the lowers ql which still has the best bonuses (141 burst specifically). I was a bit surprised to find that is has 2040 treatment and 1223 sense reqs. The same imp with Burst only requires only 1088 sense.
    This happens all the time when you don't insert a 3rd cluster into an imp that's jobe augomented. Had the same problem myself and the req's dropped down to 1091 for a ql 300 with a faded cluster inserted.

always check imps on auno in equipment config (NOT implant designer)
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    Since you're all about DD, are you going to use the new Inf quest implant? Or at least have a hotswappable L-Arm?
    Already do, to both. I just can't put it in my setup because auno doesn't let me.

Quote Originally Posted by octopuss View Post
    always check imps on auno in equipment config (NOT implant designer)
    I usually do, I just didn't know this small piece of information - that jobe imps have higher reqs.

Quote Originally Posted by Icancalm View Post
    This happens all the time when you don't insert a 3rd cluster into an imp that's jobe augomented. Had the same problem myself and the req's dropped down to 1091 for a ql 300 with a faded cluster inserted.
    Damn, this information came too late Good to know for the future.
    Last edited by muha; Nov 7th, 2006 at 18:48:14.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

you know you can have multiple quotes in one response?
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

you know you can have multiple quotes in one response?
    If it means so much to you. We are here to serve.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

For the soli engies here an example of how soli 220 gets his symbs in. I got burden but im lacking HI specs. I also dont have red belt, so the str/sta symbs of high ql will have to wait

For ql270 eye i used the following equip: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=53204
    Since i didnt wanna take off the ql300 type 1 i tried to get it in without taking the pistol off. The symbs i am already wearing are put in without taking off the gun as well so i guess if u lack burden u could compensate a bit by using a buffing weapon in left hand. Te missing ring on right finger is ring of plausibility.
    No org contracts are running that help with twinkin atm, no towers too but Ql300 HQ in city (9 to all abilities). I was buffed with SFA, TT, enhanced senses, neuronal stimulator, treatment expertise and comp abilities. Also needed a extruder bar. I had 10 perks in enhance DNA, 4 perks in first aid and 3 in genious

Ql270 brain which i put in right after eye took the following equip: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=53215
    I put my 8 free AI perks into combat knowledge and then found out i overdid it a bit on the treatment (was under the impression i needed 1942 of it) so i ended up with not needing TT anymore :P. The pistol in left hand is one of my newly acquired Freedom Arms 3927 Chapmans which i coulnt find in the list so i put in another gun that looks the same. The one i got has 25 treatment on it.
    I had SFA, FG, neuronal stimulator, treat expertise and comp abilities running. The missing ring is again the ring of plausibility. A very handy tool for equipping symbs indeed

I am curious about buff items required for 280 eye and perhaps some of the 290's... for solitus.
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."

I had ql270 eye from TNH which is why i put that in. Now i put 8 more perks into treatment, got higher ql brain and found out taking off the pistol didnt require insane twinking to put it back on ill go try higher ql.

I am curious about buff items required for 280 eye and perhaps some of the 290's... for solitus.
    reroll opifex
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

Quote Originally Posted by Geitjemekker View Post
    ...The pistol in left hand is one of my newly acquired Freedom Arms 3927 Chapmans which i coulnt find in the list...
    To put a chapman in the list, put Freedom Arms 3927 G2, and change the ql to 150.

Octo, do you want us to spoon feed you? He posted a setup for the 270 eye, without using one of the pistols for buffing, without using NCUs, with no rings of Divine Teardrops, without a thigh symb/imp, and with no perks in Genome lines. It doesn't get more obvious than that.

lmao, I was half asleep posting that :P I also didn't check anything :P

Eureka! I found a ql270 shiny agility cluster, and I can equip anothre symb - 270 Waist, requiring 1149 int/psy/agi and 1870 treat. I used this setup, which uses the two new rings I got, though they are not a must. No new perks were needed, "just" the 35 I already have.
    I actually needed to first get the leg imp in, which was a bit of work on itself. I had on me Composite Attribute, FG, SFA, and treat expertise (no TT necassary). In addition my org benefits were ql300 Large HQ and a ql150 Muscular Elasticity benefit (+13 agi). I also used the Surgery Clinic, of course. The final result was 1152 agi, 1197 int, 1191 psy and 1891 treat.

ah yea, note that the 270 waist for soli is an easy job after putting in brain. Swap the ring of computing for eye of the evening star and/or put on an agi gun. By the way the ring of divine teardrops is not what a soli needs for putting in brain, int/psy is more needed due to the loss of these abilities due to taking out brain.

Muha, why didn't you ask me for my full 280-290 set of buff imps?

Muha, why didn't you ask me for my full 280-290 set of buff imps?
    I might next time Anyway, before I got the Evening Star rings, a 290 imp wouldn't have done it, I needed 298+.

And of course, you didn't think not having towers will stop me from having ql300 symbs?

I finally equiped the 300 Feet and 300 L-Arm, requiring 1276 int/psy/sen and 2088 treat (could also equip the 300 L-Wrist but who cares).
    I used this setup. I needed 8 more perks, the last 2 Combat Knowledge and 6 Nanomage Primary perks. The total number of perks I have dedicated to this is 43. I can still self my bots with arith armor.
    I had on me Composite Attribute, FG, ES, NS, SFA, treat expertise and a TT. In addition my org benefits were ql300 Large HQ and a ql150 Concentration benefit (+13 sen). I also used the Surgery Clinic, of course, and an Extruder Bar. The final result was 1283 sen, 1279 int, 1276 psy and 2089 treat. Strangely, psy was the one ability I had to think how to get more of, as I am not really used to missing int or psy being nanomage

To the best of my knowledge, I am the first engi to actually have ql300 symbs equiped. I may be wrong of course, but I'm definitly the first to post exactly how it was done. I hope other players find this useful, or at least mildly entertaining.

The obvious question is, what next. To the best of my knowledge, all the other symbs require burden to equip. I have setups for equiping two more, once I get a burden. And of course, LE might bring more possiblities. Until one of those happens, I doubt I will have anything new to post.
    Last edited by muha; Nov 19th, 2006 at 19:08:41.

Damn. Wet dreams of solitus.

Well, you got the two most important symbs on, a big GZ for the first QL300 symbiants on an Engineer to my knowledge. Next lets see QL300 brain/leg.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

Well, you got the two most important symbs on, a big GZ for the first QL300 symbiants on an Engineer to my knowledge. Next lets see QL300 brain/leg.
    As far as I can tell, even the 290 leg is impossible, not to speak of 300 leg/brain/waist/ear. I mean, even if you ignore int/psy/treat, there just aren't enough items in the game to get you the agi necassary as a nanomage.
    The only other possible 300s are those requiring sen/sta, which don't add sen/sta, i.e. eye and l-hand. They take more than just a burden, but I think they might be possible (meaning I have the setup to get them on, but not the burden/towers).

I have 290 leg equipped, but i'm opifex. Maybe even 300 is possible, as i didn't need all genome perks for this. But this take at least 15 perks add to 33 i have used to twinking and prolly some high contracts (which i dont have).
    300 Brain is out of reach for every1.
    Last edited by Amickson; Nov 21st, 2006 at 11:34:57.
    RK1: Amickson 220/30 ENG - equip, Aztea 220/30 MA - equip, Adirae 220/30 ENF

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast