Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - March 2016 (April Fooled)

I don't see any reason to worry. There pretty much ain't anything left other than multiboxers and PvMers, stop whining! Utopia is here, its time for you to revel in all its glory.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

PvP is dead in AO... Battlestation is only a Thing like: "Who can cap faster to do the bs dialy"... Tower-PvP is dead after the Action from some omni MB People... killing TL5 Spots with 3-5 crat multiboxer in 3-5min with all Towers...
    Tara PvP is dead too - the most People going to tara to leech some Raidpoints!... that's all... we are not coming for the loot or pvp - we want some Points for Pande/Aipf Stuff...

but it is not the only worst Thing in AO!... These game needs more Support to fix some bugs, to develop a new balancing System, to bring new Content, to develop a better Client and so much other things... But with only one Person (Michi), it takes years... and he works on the new conan survival game!...

The game losing year by year more and more attractiveness. There comes the time where the servers are switched off. The only question is when it comes - in one, two or three years...
    Everyone should ask the question to yourself: make it sense to play still AO?!
    Last edited by Alves; Apr 9th, 2016 at 12:34:37.
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Alves View Post
    Everyone should ask the question to yourself: make it sense to play still AO?!
    As long as you're entertained, there is no reason to stop playing.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

My decision to stop playing 18 months ago seems solid. None of the issues I had then seems to have been fixed. Just sucks to have spent so many years building friendships and a small personal army only to have the games change drastically into non-funn-ness.

I guess that's a good lesson for me and for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatkeep View Post
    My decision to stop playing 18 months ago seems solid. None of the issues I had then seems to have been fixed. Just sucks to have spent so many years building friendships and a small personal army only to have the games change drastically into non-funn-ness.

I guess that's a good lesson for me and for all.
    Hope you are doing good Pat
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

funcom killed this game when they desided to use all the time on the engine insted of improving playfields, professional balance, new models for open pvp and maybe to be more interactive with the community.
    a new engine would never been realy needed to let the game continue its path.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Apr 9th, 2016 at 15:30:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    funcom killed this game when they desided to use all the time on the engine insted of improving playfields, professional balance, new models for open pvp and maybe to be more interactive with the community.
    a new engine would never been realy needed to let the game continue its path.

Add to the List of what drove People off :

-Announcing the Engine Years before it was ready ( well lets say released , its still named BETA for a reason )
    -forced ( because VP in Mishes sucked ) Battlestation for OFAB
    -not nerfing OP Professions for too long , be it PvP or PvM übarness ...
    -delaying merge till half the German Server quited to never come back ....
    -designing Encounters obviously without any Concern if all Proffesions will be equally wanted...
    -dishing out more & more übar-Gear without raising Attackrate/Evades/Resists on existing Endgame Encounters..
    -Adding new "1 wrong Step and instagib" WoW-Style Bullcrap ( even worse if your Melee and have to be close to do Dmg ) << PoH made me finally stop paying
    -too many damn long Quests that can be considered mandatory for each Toons Preformance , even worse if the Quest required more than 1 Toon...
    -broken Economy cause FC didnt have the Balls to shut down GMI whenever a Credsploit was around and no persistent hunting down of sploited Creds !
    -broken Economy with new GMI because lack of traveling to pick up your Purchase makes monopols & playing the Market to damn easy !
    -Multiboxing ... nuff said
    Last edited by Dollcet; Apr 9th, 2016 at 18:03:53.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    ... Utopia is here, its time for you to revel in all its glory.
    Right here!
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Dollcet View Post

-Announcing the Engine Years before it was ready ( well lets say released , its still named BETA for a reason )
    -designing Encounters obviously without any Concern if all Proffesions will be equally wanted...
    -dishing out more & more übar-Gear without raising Attackrate/Evades/Resists on existing Endgame Encounters..
    -Adding new "1 wrong Step and instagib" WoW-Style Bullcrap ( even worse if your Melee and have to be close to do Dmg ) << PoH made me finally stop paying
    -too many damn long Quests that can be considered mandatory for each Toons Preformance , even worse if the Quest required more than 1 Toon...
    -broken Economy cause FC didnt have the Balls to shut down GMI whenever a Credsploit was around and no persistent hunting down of sploited Creds !
    -broken Economy with new GMI because lack of traveling to pick up your Purchase makes monopols & playing the Market to damn easy !
    best part with that list is that the community said all this before it was to late, all this was predicted by active players that tried to tell funcom this in big threads that were ignored for mounths to the threads died out.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Apr 10th, 2016 at 02:45:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Dollcet View Post

Nothing of these things will never be implemented/changed ingame... If the community can live with that - congratulation - i can't... It sucks that funcom dont listen to the community over years... We all waste our time and money in a game, that never get any massive changes... So, i think it makes no sense, to play anymore or to have a hope that something will be changed... funcom milk the Player only - think about it!.

The only thing that you can do is to cancel the accounts and hope that many other People do the same (with a small notice why) - and then i hope funcom wake up...
    Last edited by Alves; Apr 10th, 2016 at 10:04:15.
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

FunCom won't wake up, ever! Just look at their history, shortly after SL the entire focus was on AoC, then that flopped. Time to get a new cash cow rite? Enter TSW, crap did not works out as well either, lets try again... oh lets do some more AoC, but with a different flair. FunCom is in a perpetual hunt for quick money, had they instead spent more time developing their IPs they would have retained a larger community and steady income. Instead its begging for funding for the next "big" thing, it ain't gonna happen.

Thanks man. Doing alright. I somehow manage to get stuff done since I quit AO. :>

Hope you are well also.

@ The general feeling in this thread: Me personally I'd reactivate a few accs instantly if MB was dealt with and BS was reverted back to clan vs omni. I know lots of ppl would like some good old NW and Tara action. But tbh MB completely ruins it for anyone who likes to twink so until it changes. No monay from me. Why spend loads of time and effort on a toon if it will not matter what so ever against these small agent armies? In my view MB completely annihilates the whole point of twinking and such in AO. And that's a pretty big part of AO imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    best part with that list is that the community said all this before it was to late, all this was predicted by active players that tried to tell funcom this in big threads that were ignored for mounths to the threads died out.
    They probably though we are sided/favour our Mains Professions ( well okay partially true & just natural to want that lil itty bitty Egde for your Main ) but they could have just gotten some low pay Interns/Trainees and have them play the Game with changing Professions & ask what they think ....
    On the other Hand they caved in to vocal Trolls and made Bullcrap like the AS-Pistol...... *facepalm*
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

If Funcom wanted a quick infusion of cash, they could offer Alien Invasion for a one-time no subscription fee of $20-$25 for Froob, Sloob, and Paid-on-break accounts. Small chance it might increase the pool of players having content to do together. Would be an experiment if Funcom was considering expanding the free-to-play model. Probably would have been better to do when there was a larger amount of active Froob/Sloob accounts to exploit, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    now that multiboxing killed towers so anyone that was serious about pvp quit to play other games and the game is a literal wasteland with nobody on, sure. i guess all that's left is pvm cupcakes. however when tara was pulling 2 ri's per side you can bet your behind everyone and their mum was pvping
    Seriously? Thats how you justify being wrong? It's like arguing with a baby that QQ when they dont get their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpynoob View Post
    Question:

When "tara was pulling 2 ri's per side" how many people playing AO where still not interested in PvP?
    <snip>
    But don't give me the "we love PvP" crap. There is no PvP in AO. Unless you consider title farming and ganking PvP ofc.
    I was wondering that myself until I realized that "pvp" means anytime that 4-5 players on teamspeak can hunt down and gank 2-3 players of the other faction. Thats why MB upsets their "skilled" play styles so much. roflol

Quote Originally Posted by Alves View Post
    PvP is dead in AO... Battlestation is only a Thing like: "Who can cap faster to do the bs dialy"... Tower-PvP is dead after the Action from some omni MB People... killing TL5 Spots with 3-5 crat multiboxer in 3-5min with all Towers...
    Tara PvP is dead too - the most People going to tara to leech some Raidpoints!... that's all... we are not coming for the loot or pvp - we want some Points for Pande/Aipf Stuff...
    Pretty well said.

For all the QQ about MB ruining pvp, I say pvp players behavior ruined pvp. Dont you find it ironic that the same players you farmed on BS are the same players that MB farm your towers? I find it hilarious.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

it's not qq it's facts. the dead game is dead. 3 of the same mbers farming the same towers. the same 3 people on lft farming the same content. every major hub has exactly 0 players in it. subscription count may or may not be down we won't know until fc releases numbers, but the playerbase has definitely dwindled since before i quit. unlike you, who only cares about farming your phatz i care about the future of ao. and in it's current state it has no future. fix mbing. fix broken classes. fix pvp. population will recover. just sayin'

Have you guys ever drink juice directly from the box and you know theres alittle more inside the box but you cant get it. So whats you gonna do?
    1. Squeeze the box and make every drops come out to your mouth.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I was wondering that myself until I realized that "pvp" means anytime that 4-5 players on teamspeak can hunt down and gank 2-3 players of the other faction. Thats why MB upsets their "skilled" play styles so much. roflol
    It sucks if that's all the PvP you see. Years ago it was a large, active, and fun community. My best memories of this game are doing it, and I know many feel the same.

In another direction, it's probably worth separating "Funcom" and "Michi" in these threads. Funcom is letting something die that you care about, but Michi deserves your encouragement. He's done a decade's work in a year.

Well yeah, Michi should get a medal or a shoulder to cry on all depending. I honestly think he is doing the best he can, so three times hurrah for Michi.

As far as corporate leadership goes, my feelings are probably best not aired here. Don't want mods choking on their coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    As far as corporate leadership goes, my feelings are probably best not aired here. Don't want mods choking on their coffee.
    oh don't be scared. funcom is literally worse than a storm trooper army made entirely of hitler clones. see? it's easy. that said, yes, based michi is love, based michi is life

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast