Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Content Brainstorm

To [Invincible1]: Another thing PvPwise I think would be neat is a Lifetap Proccing weapon, sort of like the Combat remodulator, but on that essentially nukes the target and procs a team heal or something, with a off/def check a little out of the ordinary so we can actually hope to hit. Maybe make it like the Defibulator :P

Bloink! ^^

Nice. That idea is what I'm hoping they start leaning towards the possibility of with the release of the Engy weapon that has Mechanical Engineering on it as an attack skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Nice idea. Would be funny.
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

How about some imp/symbs for docs only?
    Like, to make use of doc superior treatment skills.

Docs are supposed to be masters of that kinda stuff, rite?

Hotswappable imps/symbs.

4-6 clustered implants.

ql 301+ implants.

Something that require more treatment twinking than abi twinking, ofc..

Nanos

Nano Crystal: Critical Condition
    Description: Nanobots permeate the body of the target inhibiting its basic functions. Every injury becomes life threatening. Raises the pvp damage cap from 30% to 60% for all attacks hitting the target.

Nano Crystal: Life Support
    Description: Removes the effects of Critical Condition from a friendly target

Nano Crystal: After-Hours Care
    Description: Any damage that would kill the doctor instead reduces his HP to 1. For a period of 20 seconds, the doctor is immune to all damage and stuns, cannot cast harmful nanos and cannot move. After the 20 seconds expires, the doctor dies and this nano cannot be used again for 10 minutes.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Rak View Post
    Nano Crystal: Critical Condition
    Description: Nanobots permeate the body of the target inhibiting its basic functions. Every injury becomes life threatening. Raises the pvp damage cap from 30% to 60% for all attacks hitting the target.

Nano Crystal: Life Support
    Description: Removes the effects of Critical Condition from a friendly target

Description: Any damage that would kill the doctor instead reduces his HP to 1. For a period of 20 seconds, the doctor is immune to all damage and stuns, cannot cast harmful nanos and cannot move. After the 20 seconds expires, the doctor dies and this nano cannot be used again for 10 minutes.
    Rather drastic nano's.... But very intriguing
    Mekhdoc 220/27/70 Equip | Mekh 220/28/67 Equip | Shadesch 220/21/70 Equip
    Mekhkeeper 220/22/70 Equip | Roflmao 220/15/50 | Fixyaself 200/23/64 Equip

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Rather drastic nano's.... But very intriguing
    Just stuff that exists in other games and promotes teamwork; adjusted to AO mechanics of course
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

I like the idea of this nano, but I'd change it a little bit. Instead of "any damage that would kill the doctor", I'd keep the same immunity and just let us take no damage at all. At the end have it drop HP to 1, so even sneezing would kill us at that point =P
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by lyzor View Post
    I like the idea of this nano, but I'd change it a little bit. Instead of "any damage that would kill the doctor", I'd keep the same immunity and just let us take no damage at all. At the end have it drop HP to 1, so even sneezing would kill us at that point =P
    With a bit of timing/second calcing, and you could throw in perk + BI and be 50%+ health tho.

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    With a bit of timing/second calcing, and you could throw in perk + BI and be 50%+ health tho.
    or ich
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    or ich
    Hehe, I STILL haven't bothered doing those quests ...

With new team lc thingie I probably should tho

FFS, forgot to turn off signature

Well in that case, there would have to be some sort of equally timed lock out for self-heals.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by lyzor View Post
    Well in that case, there would have to be some sort of equally timed lock out for self-heals.
    or we could just forget the whole idea.

seriously though. i'll put anti-zerg mechanism higher up on the wish list. i promise. cause it seems all these ideas and wants are centered around some sort of zerg immunity
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    or we could just forget the whole idea.

seriously though. i'll put anti-zerg mechanism higher up on the wish list. i promise. cause it seems all these ideas and wants are centered around some sort of zerg immunity
    Zerg Immunity/deflection and/or firepower in fast paced PvP(?) enviroments

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Ober View Post
    Zerg Immunity/deflection and/or firepower in fast paced PvP(?) enviroments
    dually noted, captain.

I based that after hours care nano on Spirit of Redemption in WoW which does the following:

Increases total Spirit by 5% and upon death, the priest becomes the Spirit of Redemption for 15 sec. The Spirit of Redemption cannot move, attack, be attacked or targeted by any spells or effects. While in this form the priest can cast any healing spell free of cost. When the effect ends, the priest dies.

So the point is to allow us to still contribute and heal for a short time after you get zerged, and then die once that short time is up. Since dieing AO means zoning back to the respawn point, it would have to be done via the roundabout method of making you invincible for a bit then setting your HP to 0.
    Last edited by Rak; May 1st, 2008 at 18:50:28.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

I based that after hours care nano on Spirit of Redemption in WoW which does the following:

Increases total Spirit by 5% and upon death, the priest becomes the Spirit of Redemption for 15 sec. The Spirit of Redemption cannot move, attack, be attacked or targeted by any spells or effects. While in this form the priest can cast any healing spell free of cost. When the effect ends, the priest dies.

So the point is to allow us to still contribute and heal for a short time after you get zerged, and then die once that short time is up. Since dieing AO means zoning back to the respawn point, it would have to be done via the roundabout method of making you invincible for a bit then setting your HP to 0.
    Yah, I recognized the mechanic. <3 to the Redemption Spirits on my lock =D
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

How about on-site rezzing (for instance if cast on an absent team member with rez sickness in their ncu it brings them to the doctor & heals them some).

& for giggles I'll post my suggestion from the other thread. (Caution heavy sarcasm)

Grand Theft Health: for the masters of nano healing we adapt this so well thought out & balanced nano for our own use. Identical but affects HP instead of nano. (Have it stop at 100 health so we can kill them with a few shots from our pistols to 'balance' the change )

(I would love to hear the screams if that even made it into the DB, the sound of millions of pocket docs suddenly becoming 'mains' would resound across the server.)

Been away for awhile but it looks like docs are in the same situation as ever. Does it still take an hour to 100% a RK Mission for a token at 180-190? The most frustrating thing about the doc to me was the lack of dps when soloing.

HR

Retired Doc Professional
    The rezzing nano was already suggested, and frankly its very unlikely because of the reason for rezzing.

gthealth? no. i'm not about to slap the devs in the face, and thats what asking for that would be. i can understand a little bit of sarcasm to make a point (because i use it occasionally), but theres no reason to repost it here. its over the top and unnecessary

I did log in to try a BS or two and experience GTH. Its an "I Win" vs docs that made it into the game. Given how little of reasonable suggestions (or bug fixes) get acknowleged let alone implemented something should wake them up (more diplomatic wording required of course). Before the flood of players leaving AO for AoC etc does that is.

Overall the game is not improved enough to be worth coming back to imo. Good luck, hope the brick imprints on your foreheads get better soon.

(Been there, done it along with you and it really does feel good to stop, honest)

HR

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast