Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IRRK: Phasefront, an ecological disaster?

I go away for a month and this happens ! A fat concrete platform as big as the city on the lake ? Can't you do anything without me giving some lead pills there and there ?

Looks like a job for Mr Explosives.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

they're not that bad, i already crashed my hoverboard into a wall from being distracted while passing some bathingsuit babes, and Phasefront just gave me a brand new one, said it covers their Rubi-Ka Guarantee Period

so in short, i can keep being distracted, and they'll keep giving a new board (for now)
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Atleats you don't have to worry about that anymore around Newland.
    Most of the girls I know have left. Sunbathing there is a little to public now
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Lise "Gimpeline" Everwhite - Omni - Level 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Rudolph "Nissemann" Juhl - Omni- Level 220/30/70 Engineer
    Omni-Mining
    Mary "Gimpa" Wormwood 2xx/30/xx Advy R.U.R
    Josephine "Gimpyposer" Dredd 21x/30/70 mp Omni-Pol
    Jarwar 2xx/30/xx Crat Wanderers Sanctuary
    Proud member of Leet Protection Agency

I thought sunbathing was supposed to be public? Part of the fun is getting attention I would assume *shrugs*

Either way I think it looks quite lovely, and so far so good on the animal-side.. Still waiting for some research to be conducted though. In the meantime I'll zoom around on my hoverboard.
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Quilluck View Post
    Either way I think it looks quite lovely, and so far so good on the animal-side..
    Yes, the environmental impact on a bunch of mutant abberations created by Omni-Tek on a terraformed planet should be watched closely to make sure nothing is going against nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

Quote Originally Posted by Berinda View Post
    Yes, the environmental impact on a bunch of mutant abberations created by Omni-Tek on a terraformed planet should be watched closely to make sure nothing is going against nature.
    *sizzle*, someone's on a hot roll today
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

I guess you haven't spent much time in the forrest around the lake, or else you would have known that it isn't just mutants around the lake.
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

I thought sunbathing was supposed to be public? Part of the fun is getting attention I would assume *shrugs*

Either way I think it looks quite lovely, and so far so good on the animal-side.. Still waiting for some research to be conducted though. In the meantime I'll zoom around on my hoverboard.
    There is public, and there is public. Try to get some sun when you have 20 drooling troxes around you, and you will see what I mean
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpeline View Post
    I guess you haven't spent much time in the forrest around the lake, or else you would have known that it isn't just mutants around the lake.
    Reets, leets and lizards? They're as much immigrant as us - nothing lived on this dirtball before the terraforming.

And they've been genetically modified to a great extent themselves. Leets can hold (not terribly snappy) conversations, for goodness sake.

So in your opinion, Nothing that has been modifyd is worth anything.
    Just curious.. Does that include the Opifex race? and the nanomage race?
    We have all been modified to live on this planet
    You must have a werry low self image if you think that
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Solitus don't count

So in your opinion, Nothing that has been modifyd is worth anything.
    Just curious.. Does that include the Opifex race? and the nanomage race?
    We have all been modified to live on this planet
    You must have a werry low self image if you think that
    I didn't say that at all. You're also forgetting solitus and atrox are genetically modified as well, so it makes your point invalid.

What I'm saying is, people are crying "nature this" and "nature that". There's nothing natural about the original condition, so the dealership can't harm nature because the entire thing situation is engineered by humans to begin with.

*Starts spreading the word:*

"Ninja l33ts with swimming skills needed, good monster parts to eat for a job well done..."

I think our sensibilities have been bluntened ...

Where is the value of life? The source is not important, only the experiences that you deny that soul by destroying the environment it lives in.

Life is precious.
    Last edited by Jenshai; Oct 18th, 2007 at 14:53:02.
    More Barbie instead of GI Joe game content, please!
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide
    • Main account = Classic.

Phasefront can go jump in the ... oh wait it is already there!
    (Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    ALLNEUTS - always helping new players, regardless of faction.
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Kahava - "... we had a civil community."

I didn't say that at all. You're also forgetting solitus and atrox are genetically modified as well, so it makes your point invalid.

What I'm saying is, people are crying "nature this" and "nature that". There's nothing natural about the original condition, so the dealership can't harm nature because the entire thing situation is engineered by humans to begin with.
    Even if the life is modyfied, it still have value, and they are now a natrual part of the life on this planet and have been for many many years.
    If someone kill a kid you don't say "who cares, it was a modified lifeform anyway."
    RK1 - Atlantean
    Omni-Mining

Quote Originally Posted by Jenshai View Post
    *Starts spreading the word:*

"Ninja l33ts with swimming skills needed, good monster parts to eat for a job well done...".
    This gave me an interesting idea, since the detractors don't seem to have a problem with genetic engineering, just the building itself and the supposed trash build up it'll cause, why not gene engineer a group of leets to swim in the lake eating trash and actually do something about the problem instead of incessantly whining about it to no effect?

Disclaimer: Do not blame me if they decide to gene engineer the Leets to eat the Building as well.
    Ebondevil - Omni Level 220 Agent on Atlantean, Feel free to contact me any time if you have questions, in game or out.
    Varinox - Omni Level 220 Meta-Physicist on Atlantean
    Yamarra - Omni Level 150 Shade on Atlantean

Feel free to send me any tell in game or a Private Message if you require anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    Disclaimer: Do not blame me if they decide to gene engineer the Leets to eat the Building as well.
    *Fervently hopes so*

Putting environment aside, it is ugly and too ostentacious, ((like Las Vegas)). It offend the sensibilities.

Are we trying to get the Aliens to shop here? Why so big and ugly? Why there?
    *Yngvild Lothe* ex AO quest designer -- "... So now you just want cheap thrills..." Classic server.
    Role Playing guide

(Since openning, I have used the West Gate, Battle Station or NL grid point, twice).
    Neutral, can mean real freedom for you. ||| New year's resolution - stay off these forums. Hope you are happy now.
    Expansions don't enhance the game, they just extend it and make the beginning easier to catch up in order to race frantically at the "front"

Personaly I like the new show room. And from what I've been told and have seen there have be no major negitive effects. Well other then upseting a few hippies.
    But like it or not, it's there and the odds are good it's going to stay there. Nobody is going to make leets to eat it, nobody is going to blow it up, so lets just stop talking silly.

And for those that just absoultly hate it, don't shop there nobody is forcing you too. And if it's such a big problem, such an eye soar, for these individuals then don't come to Newland, nobody is forcing you to do that either.

Who said anything about going against nature. Life is life, modified, engineered or created in some lab or not, and should be preserved. I think you need to borrow some of my soothing herbs, I think ya need em. Plus they really do show you that the best things in life come from nature, manufactured or not.
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

Even if the life is modyfied, it still have value, and they are now a natrual part of the life on this planet and have been for many many years.
    If someone kill a kid you don't say "who cares, it was a modified lifeform anyway."
    Humans aren't animals. Animals serve two functions: to wear well and taste delicious.

I think you need to borrow some of my soothing herbs, I think ya need em.
    I'll stick to combat cans and boosted stims, thanks.

The only real thing that upsets me about Phasefront is all the vehicles are used. If you let Andy - their sales android - tell you about the Phasefront end user license agreement, it turns out everything sold on Rubi-Ka is a "refurbished" model with a new engine. They didn't even give these things new paint jobs or remove dents, as is evidenced by the scratches and dings covering a "new" vehicle when you buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by FoosballX View Post
    And for those that just absoultly hate it, ... then don't come to Newland.
    That is just it, I won't, I am look at alterative areas, trying figure ways to avoid it. One of the problems is the woompa route.

Also I loved that city, was just getting into the Role Playing side, building hopes. Well they are now crushed under all that concrete below that lake.
    Role Playing guide

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast