Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What can 205 nanomage engi do?

What can 205 nanomage engi do?

I know several of you are not interested in these posts. To some, the solution to everything is "level to 220 and be ubah". For these people I suggest, do not read further. The following is intended to those who think you should be the best at any level you are. I hope someone finds it usefull.

As my last twinking project was at 180 (weapons at 190), I was thinking I would level to 205 before I try another twink session. I was surprised at how easy some things are at 205, but on the other hand some were a bit of a challange. I tried not to rely too much on pande loot as most people don't have it at 205, I just started collecting my first bits and bobs. I'll mention it where I think it can be important.

1. Equip all symbs up to ql 240. As I equiped all the 220s ones at 180 (see here) this left me with 240 ocular, 240 right arm, 240 chest, 240 left arm, 230 right wrist & 240 left hand.
    Most of these were quite easy, so I wont post the setup. If someone is interested, I will post a full setup for anything, I have it all written down. The only two which were a bit of a problem were the chest and the ocular.
    The chest is a bit hard on stamina. This setup has it nailed down. On top of that I had Composite Attribs, Treatment Expertise, ES, FG, NS, SFA, Ess, IC, TT, Extruder Bar, Surgery Clinic and HQ bonus. I had plenty of extra treatment on this one and some extra stamina too.
    The ocular is a bit of a problem because of loosing int and treat from the old symb. I used this setup, with similar buffs. Frankly, both of these weren't that much of a problem.

2. Int twinking. You can twink 1100 int for maxing chosen armor, say to max the back item. If you don't have any zods loot this can be done this way for example. Also use Comp Attribute, NS, Improved Cut Red Tape, Extruder Bar & HQ Bonus. You can save on reperking by getting a ql253 imp set for intelligence - this will save you an extra 18 int which is really nice. Add some pande loot such as Mediative Gloves of the Aquarius (+20), First Creation of the Sagittarius (+5) and Maar's Blue Belt of Double Prudence (+50), or get some Ring of Computing, and you can save most of the reperking. However, keep in mind that your armor will OE after reperking, so maybe it isn't worth all the trouble. I just went 1019 int so I can get a nice pistol bonus from my Faithful Engineer Gloves and used 1000 int to get Urbane Pants of Libra on. I plan to have unperked 1000 int on 210 so I can hotswap ql300 arith for tradeskilling - this looks very reaonable for 210, though a bit hard at 205 without pande loot.

3. Pistol twinking. A ql 260 type 1/ql 199 type4 setup is not very hard to do. I didn't want it to OE so I didn't go higher. I used this setup with Comp Attribute, Comp Ranged, Comp Ranged Special, NS, ES, FG, Ess, Prod Strength, Improved Cut Red Tape, Extruder Bar, RC, Pistol Mastery, HQ Bonus & a small wrangle (100ish). I got the offhand pistol first, then I replaced the Ring of Crawling Ants with a Ring of Divine Teardrops and the BigBurger with a MTI SW500 Geyser.
    The only problem was getting burst high enough without implants, since I intend to do the implant thingy later on, and without buying more supple armor than I already had.

Well, I hope someone finds this long post usefull. It has been fun as always to twink a new setup, and I am now on my way to level 210 where a new AI belt and token board are waiting for me
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

What can 205 nanomage engi do?
    Ill be honest with you: Nothing.
    RK1 Novice Simply "Bladeblood" Thebest - 220 TL 7 Clan Keeper Savior, Alien level 16
    RK1 Apprentice Superman "Mrsteel" Dejavu - 217
    TL 7 Clan Enforcer God Father, Alien level 14
    RK1 Novice Kex "Interguy" Choklad - 216 - TL 7 Clan Soldier Field Marshal, Alien level 13
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Veteran Points: 36.
    Waiting for Age of Conan.
    Rest in Peace Beardedone, you will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Intah!
    Ill be honest with you: Nothing.
    Except consistently ODing 215 keepers.
    Thanks for the usefull post.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

Quote Originally Posted by muha
    Except consistently ODing 215 keepers.
    Thanks for the usefull post.
    I have to admit i'd like to see that as there hasn't been an engineer yet at that level thats OD'ed me, even when I wasn't trying particularly hard. I don't think ODing the odd person whos badly equipped counts for saying "Consistently ODing 215 keepers".
    Eelashan
    Proud Squad Command of Paradise

Eelashan - 214/15 Keeper

Micalphe - 150 Martial Artist Onarisia - 113 Nano Technician
    Mirvinat - 111 Agent Lendanna - 75 Soldier
    Cortarie - 84 Enforcer Tisreena - 84 Doctor
    Cardoria - 71 Shade Rorianna - 64 Adventurer
    Kerandre - 59 Engineer Curth - 49 Fixer
    Ashanita - 26 Trader Xperienz - 8 Bureaucrat
    Istimmar - 7 Meta-Physicist Ierinfav - 1 Trader

Yeah saying a 205 eng can OD a 215 keeper is abit over the top, unless the keeper is afk or is a total gimp
    Silverado: L220 Omni Engineer (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverado's Little DD Guide for Engineers

Silverino: L213 Omni Soldier (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverino's How to Equip a QL300 KMP5 for Soldiers

On the other hand, I like the post. I like using NM as an RP choice and you can actually make them effective!
    Eelashan
    Proud Squad Command of Paradise

Eelashan - 214/15 Keeper

Micalphe - 150 Martial Artist Onarisia - 113 Nano Technician
    Mirvinat - 111 Agent Lendanna - 75 Soldier
    Cortarie - 84 Enforcer Tisreena - 84 Doctor
    Cardoria - 71 Shade Rorianna - 64 Adventurer
    Kerandre - 59 Engineer Curth - 49 Fixer
    Ashanita - 26 Trader Xperienz - 8 Bureaucrat
    Istimmar - 7 Meta-Physicist Ierinfav - 1 Trader

That is soem nice twinking.

However I don't care who you are a well equipped 215 Keeper will OD a 205 Engie any day of the week.
    Originally Posted by Katth
    Infusion is an idiot, nuff said.

Originally Posted by SPOTY_DNW
    I have a dream....
    A dream of a patch which include no new content, but 75% of our very,very old bugs are fixed.

Expert - Evilshot BS junkie
    Apprentice - Infusion99 Converted Tradeskiller
    Rookie - Solshot TL5 Twink
    Rookie - Infus TL3 Twink in progress

I dunno. I've seen some sucky 215 keepers. If the 215 keeper doesn't have reaver perked and doesn't have a 300 sword on......could be possible I guess. Some players just level and never twink, so might have implants and no arul sabas.

Gotta say though that if my 215 keeper had of been od by a 205 engineer, I would have deleted it :P

DD engies are always good to have in teams so trying never hurts :P
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

muha I Love ya and havnt read the thread I just thought I'd note when I read "What can a 205 nanomage engie do." my first responce was "Die."

now, you're pistol so I cant say "twink on a bacam" but maybe make it so you can make ql 300 ai armor? Solo inf dragons... sneak your way in to a beast raid... Scratch that spot in the middle of your back that you cant ever seem to reach. :/ Idk

The 240 symbs aren't that impressive, 1100 int however is, wtb 1100 int for opi at 210 (actually, scratch that, I'm not using a single piece of faithful). A suggestion though, replace those rings with some rings of computing. Lower qls (+10ish int/psy) can drop off Sheol cata boss, who is a joke at 205.

Speaking of soloing and putting that gear to good use.... you could try to kill the Ado cata boss for some even better Rings of Computing; or Arachnis, just for kicks.
    Last edited by TheGovernment; Feb 14th, 2006 at 00:04:05.
    Guvernu RK 1 engineer... bored with SKing (already ffs)
    equip

lol, I knew that comment about 215 keeper would draw attention.

I actually have no idea how I compare to 215 keeper, as I don't team with any. I just said that cause I'm pissed at people which think a 205 engi can only do "Nothing" or "Die". Team with me and see what I can do. Most people who team with me once keep inviting me to do more. And I can almost do 300 AI on the same toon, I think 205 engis are frelling awesome. Too bad I'm 208 already.
    (Just for the argument, comparing me to a well equiped player isn't really fair either. I don't have rbp, dbody or any merc armor. My symbs are just an exercise in twinking, imps will be better for sure. I am about 10 perks below my maximum. I still do awesome damage, and never need excuses).

Anyway, enough with that. Just so all you ppl will be happy I wont claim I OD anything. You on the other hand will not assume anything about engis until you teamed with a correctly set DD engi and seen what one can do.

As for Computing Rings, I did mention them in the text. Computing Rings, as well as Eye of the Evening Star, have always been on my list, I just never came to it. Maybe I'll try now. For soloing I'll need to perk Mechanic instead of the nice Shotgun Mastery and Power Up I have now maybe I will after I play around a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen
    now, you're pistol so I cant say "twink on a bacam"
    So what if he's pistol? he could theoretically still twink on a bacam
    Last edited by Silverado; Feb 14th, 2006 at 01:48:56.
    Silverado: L220 Omni Engineer (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverado's Little DD Guide for Engineers

Silverino: L213 Omni Soldier (Rimor)
    Equipment - Screenshot

Silverino's How to Equip a QL300 KMP5 for Soldiers

Quote Originally Posted by muha
    You on the other hand will not assume anything about engis until you teamed with a correctly set DD engi and seen what one can do.
    Just curious, does anyone ever see any real dd engies running around on any server (220s don't count)? I don't think I've ever teamed an engie that was twinked for damage... (RK2)

I'd love having a really good dd engie on my teams, but there just doesnt seem to be any around
    Last edited by Rubera; Feb 14th, 2006 at 03:00:52.
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

Engies are real good DDs no matter their setup, if they keep everything buffed and trimmed. Theres lazy engies out there, but I think most people just refuse to add in the dog and slayer when they do DD and think the engie is a lousy DD, when they are probably #1 or 2 on the team.

Most serious DD engi's on RK2 (can't speak for other servers) are now 220. Current engi's leveling do not impress me most of the time as most don't have vital nanos, some don't know what trimmers are and the majority don't even attempt to maximize themselves.

That being said, there are certainly exceptions out there, but I think I've teamed with 2 engis on my crat and keeper that I would invite to team again actively because they played well. Most I would avoid if given the choice. When I run DD I certainly do include pets and tell engi to rename them with his own name.
    Rustybolts, 220 Supreme Creator
    Kofiannan 220 Dictator
    Aalant, 210+ Savior
    Jeffcorwen 201+ Adv
    Rustyblades 204+ Enf

Nade is still better for pvp than pistols :P
    Disgruntled "Ferg" Engy 220\30 Director of Desolation RK2
    PvP Equip\PvM Equip
    First person to be killed 175 times by aliens.

I'm with rusty, there seems to be a bread of engies leveling that I just want to kick in the nuts over and over and over agian for not having reflects and stuff like that. I mean wtf is the point of leveling an engie if you're just going to make a bad name for yourself by not playing it well. "Oh i'm going ot level my engie to make 300 ai armor." noone's going to ask you because they will think you're gimp from teaming with you and assume you cant do 300 armor or dont know what you're doing even if you could do 300 armor. anyways end rant.

Btw muah just so you know the "Die" thing was a personal joke, around 185 to 200ish I felt that my engie wasnt good for anything since I couldnt kill much solo due to being nanogimp and not having much hp.

as for engie not being dd, if he's not high on the list its because he's afk killing. just following the team around not buffing the pets. The pets alone at that level buff not sotos but just snare/damage/aoedamage/Omnipol should make enough damage where they can just do /assist q and be up there with out specals or perking.

Don't know about RK1 but on RK2 (omni) pande is restricted to 210+ so it wouldn't be possible to get pande loot that soon.
    I maxed my chosen at 210 (211 for helmet) without pande loot.
    Ventor: lvl 220 PVP-Engi (RK-2)...
    Edenbeast: lvl 129 adv
    Linchpin: lvl 32 agent
    Innerspirit: lvl 136 doc
    Trifixion: lvl 1 trader (froob transfer acct)

What a 205 NM engi could do?.. um.....
    Die when he get aggro?

Quote Originally Posted by zereke
    What a 205 NM engi could do?.. um.....
    Die when he get aggro?
    roflmao that's so funny and original. No one ever said it, not even in this thread, twice. Thank you so much for making my day with this original and usefull comment.

(yes, everyone repeating this will get this line from me. Please read the thread before sending any more)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast