Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Symb twinking for the 220 nanomage engi - a personal perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Amickson View Post
    I have 290 leg equipped, but i'm opifex. Maybe even 300 is possible, as i didn't need all genome perks for this. But this take at least 15 perks add to 33 i have used to twinking and prolly some high contracts (which i dont have).
    300 Brain is out of reach for every1.
    I'd be more than happy if someone could do the same type of work I did, for other breeds. I am not interested in imaginary setups though, these are two easy - just the actual setup someone has used.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

One final thing before LE, my R-wrist imp was ql256, since I couldn't find a high enoug Proj. Dam. cluster. This is an important change since it enables me to get 1550 burst, and cap my type 4, without using a supple chest, thus I can use a dchest. Last week I finally found a cluster so I made a ql300 Burst/Fling/Proj. Dam. R-Wrist which needs 2051 treat and 1095 agi.

I used this setup which means I actually reperked some of the perks I already had, and needed "only" 36 perks. I'm sure it could be done with less. I had on me Composite Attribute, FG, SFA, treat expertise and a TT. In addition my org benefits were ql300 Large HQ and a ql150 Meducal Expertise benefit (+19 treat). I also used an Extruder Bar and of course the Surgery Clinic. The final result was 1096 agi and 2052 treat.

Today LE is released, and with it some new bonses, which will make equiping some of these much easier. I'll keep reporting, though in some sense it's a completly new game now.
    Last edited by muha; Dec 13th, 2006 at 16:34:46.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.

LE was released, so several more symbiants are possible, even without burden.
    To be accurate, exactly one more symb, the 280 Chest, requiring 1191 int/psy/sta and 1942 treat. I used this setup, where that empty ring slot is a Ring of Plausibility.
    It uses 33 perks, which I mostly had perked anyway. I researched Serendipity 9 for the Stamina and Process Refinement 1 for Psychic.
    I had on me Composite Attribute, behe, IC, SFA, treat expertise and a TT. In addition my org benefits were ql300 Large HQ, and a ql150 Heart Pump benefit (+13 sta). I also used an Extruder Bar and the Surgery Clinic of course. The final result was 1181 sta, 1224 int, 1191 psy and 1949 treat.
    Last edited by muha; Dec 28th, 2006 at 13:23:16.

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    I'd be more than happy if someone could do the same type of work I did, for other breeds. I am not interested in imaginary setups though, these are two easy - just the actual setup someone has used.
    I'm currently on the 30th step on ability reperk road.. 18 to go.
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

For those that want to twink agi, i always use a Master G-Staff that adds 60. It's a bit hard to do if you don't have any ip left to put in 2hb, brawling, fast attack & sneak attack, but its well worth it. Get ql 250 imps for those, and ur set.
    Edit: if u don't have ip left, u can use some mercs or cc
    Ventor: lvl 220 PVP-Engi (RK-2)...
    Edenbeast: lvl 129 adv
    Linchpin: lvl 32 agent
    Innerspirit: lvl 136 doc
    Trifixion: lvl 1 trader (froob transfer acct)

Quote Originally Posted by Ventor View Post
    For those that want to twink agi, i always use a Master G-Staff that adds 60. It's a bit hard to do if you don't have any ip left to put in 2hb, brawling, fast attack & sneak attack, but its well worth it. Get ql 250 imps for those, and ur set.
    Edit: if u don't have ip left, u can use some mercs or cc
    For me a dual MTI VP300 Red s. Caseless is much easier to equip, and gives the same 60 agi.

For me a dual MTI VP300 Red s. Caseless is much easier to equip, and gives the same 60 agi.

Sure but for those with no multi-ranged, the staff is the way to go.

LE was released, so several more symbiants are possible, even without burden.
    To be accurate, exactly one more symb, the 280 Chest, requiring 1191 int/psy/sta and 1942 treat. I used this setup, where that empty ring slot is a Ring of Plausibility.
    It uses 33 perks, which I mostly had perked anyway. I researched Serendipity 9 for the Stamina and Process Refinement 1 for Psychic.
    I had on me Composite Attribute, behe, IC, SFA, treat expertise and a TT. In addition my org benefits were ql300 Large HQ, and a ql150 Heart Pump benefit (+13 sta). I also used an Extruder Bar and the Surgery Clinic of course. The final result was 1181 sta, 1224 int, 1191 psy and 1949 treat.
    I have done some calculations for the QL 300 chest, but it seems impossible to me, i'm stuck at 1230 stamina (excluding the chest symb ofc), and i didn't even calc treat/int/psy, just tried to max stam.

I have done some calculations for the QL 300 chest, but it seems impossible to me, i'm stuck at 1230 stamina (excluding the chest symb ofc), and i didn't even calc treat/int/psy, just tried to max stam.
    I agree. The 280 is as far as an engi can go with the current toolset. The only other Intelligent Stamina based symbiant is the left hand, which is actually duable, with burden. I will equip it one day when I get burden.

The l-hand is super easy.... (no I don't have it on but it's l-hand )
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

What about intelligent ear symb? Should be possible with LE & burden no?

What about intelligent ear symb? Should be possible with LE & burden no?
    I am still short on treatment to get that one. It is possible with a big contract bonus which I don't have no, or with a ql300 ring of evening star. I hope to get one of those by the time I have the burden.

All my twinking I used to be proud of means nothing now when LE came out boo
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."

Quote Originally Posted by octopuss View Post
    All my twinking I used to be proud of means nothing now when LE came out boo
    I don't agree. The same setups I used, which required much perking, can now be used without perks, and without all the items. Ane new symbs are now possible. It is all meaningful.

Problem is I still wouldn't be able to get any 300's in...
    I'm considering buying LE on my octo/sea account. But hmm... I got no idea if it's worth it for the engi at all. Grenade user, tradeskills maxxed. Of course, still can kill stuff very efficiently. But...

Problem is I still wouldn't be able to get any 300's in...
    I'm considering buying LE on my octo/sea account. But hmm... I got no idea if it's worth it for the engi at all. Grenade user, tradeskills maxxed. Of course, still can kill stuff very efficiently. But...
    I bet you can get QL300 Left Arm and Foot in, those are the two I'm going for. My real challenge is gonna be 270 chest without a Red Belt and at only AL18. (I'm omni tho, so I do have nice sleeves). I'm also gonna try to get QL300 eye implant in, which is looking kinda tough in the sim. If I get the phats in then I'll make a little boast-post about it and show some setups etc like Muha did.
    Last edited by Gatsby; Jan 5th, 2007 at 11:41:09.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

I just don't want to farm 200 more points for stuff from zods. Besides, now with LE I feel my engi a little bit useless... In fact, I think whole AO is getting useless.

I could barely do 280 eye...

I just don't want to farm 200 more points for stuff from zods. Besides, now with LE I feel my engi a little bit useless... In fact, I think whole AO is getting useless.

I could barely do 280 eye...
    Really the important thing is the Yellow Belt. There's not THAT much you need from pande for the good symbs (foot/l-arm f.ex), since they're all agility/sense based. If you use pistols I can see spending some more on the +pistol/sense item, but thats not so bad either.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

I got 270 brain, 270 ear, 250 legs, 260 waist in without much trouble.
    No burden, gemini +20 agi bracer, 10 perks in DNA, 5 in nanobreed secondary, 4 in first aid. No Pande belts either, just APF belt. No org contracts, just the standard stuff (master G-staff, merlin sleeves, FG, SFA, TT, comp's, engi pants, ...).
    LE perks were: all agi perks, 1 int perk, 1 psy perk.
    If i had them i could equip 270 l-arm & 270 feet also.
    Last edited by Ventor; Jan 7th, 2007 at 04:12:23.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast