Thread: [ALL] OTPC: Demolitions shake the ground in Omni-Entertainment

[ALL] OTPC: Demolitions shake the ground in Omni-Entertainment

Demolitions shake the ground in Omni-Entertainment
    August 23, 29485 - [Global]

After some unusual readings had been reported in the area, members of the Omni-Tek Engineering Department headed into the Omni-1 Entertainment Districts sewers to determine if conditions in one of the maintenance tunnels was becoming dangerous.

From the readings they took the deeper within the tunnels of the system, they discovered an instability in a power grid that ran along the inside of the tunnel walls that could have led to damage to further infrastructure should the system have received an overload, and potentials for further and larger issues down the road.

It appears that some structural instability were uncovered as well and remedial actions that were discussed including various kinds of repairs. Ultimately due to the extent of the damage and the inaccessibility of the source and after some brief consultations with in the Engineering department, the course of action that was determined to be the safest for all Omni-tek employees and other assets in the area was simply to detonate the damaged structures in the affected tunnel and fill it in.

For the most part, the redundancy of the various tunnels in the area will leave negligible to no effect at all on the normal flow of fluids in the area with this tunnel closed off. Fluid flows in the area will be monitored while the construction of a replacement tunnel is carried out. Current readings and flow metering indicated that there will be no major effect from the loss of this tunnel for the expected construction period.

The area was evacuated and cordoned off quickly before the controlled demolition although many citizens of nearby high rises are a bit concerned over the lack of a warning period.

This is a wonderful example of the pro-active actions of one department reacting and taking actions where a minor problem could have led to a major issue if not dealt with in such a timely manner.

Omni-Tek Protects!

Coming up in today's news:

Omni-Mining dig hole, find notum.
    Shops in Rome Blue overtake Rome Red in screwdriver sales race.
    And an in-depth investigation: The contents of a BLT exclusively revealed!

Thanks for keeping us on top of the issues, OTPC!
    Advisor of Lumen Orien

Excellent! Glad to hear no-one was hurt!
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

most likely some cover up story again... my guess is a radical grouping has struck again
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

A few more of those, and we can look forward to seeing Omni-Ent the way it should be seen.... below sea level.
    ZeePhonz :: 220/30/70 Adventurer
    ZeeMedic :: 220/30/70 Doctor
    ZeeDaKeep :: 220/30/70 Keeper
    Cratscan :: 220/30/70 Bureaucrat
    ZeeStabbie :: 220/30/65 Shade
    ZeeInstein :: 220/21/60 Engineer

President of A.R.S. (Athens Recovery Service)

Whenever I fill out an application, in the part that says "If an emergency, notify:" I put "DOCTOR".

hmm, it might just make a nice coral reef, that's true. I'd stuff the buildings full of omni-pols too, give the sea-critters some food, even if omni-pols cause indigestion
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    hmm, it might just make a nice coral reef, that's true. I'd stuff the buildings full of omni-pols too, give the sea-critters some food, even if omni-pols cause indigestion

Should you even try anthing with my Division of Officers and you will fail. No ifs or buts - just fail.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

It seems an especially bad idea if you recall you'd only be provoking Omni-Pol; only Omni-AF would have the same need to keep their insurance templates immaculate.
    Last edited by Krishina; Sep 1st, 2011 at 03:21:21.
    RK2
    Krishina: Omni Engineer, 100/10

The report did not say anything about how deep into the sewer system the engineers went before finding the fault? Assuming the search started in the slum areas and going inside the city walls, more widespread "repair" work could have resulted in anything from "renovating" the slum district to making a collapsing hole directly under one of the District's finer clubs.

The slums need to be fixed up anyway, being the disgrace they are to Omni-Tek city standards, although not in the manner of leveling it altogether. The clanners would probably have loved it if (even small) parts of the Entertainment District was irrepairably damaged...
    Last edited by Lupe; Dec 22nd, 2011 at 22:02:07. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Lupe View Post
    The slums need to be fixed up anyway, being the disgrace they are to Omni-Tek city standards
    OT has standards for their slums? I thought their response to slums was, "hey look over here, shiny leet toys for free!"

The Council cleaned up the Tir River (poisoned by Omni) almost exactly 10 years ago. We even prettied up Omni-2; er, sorry, Athen to a better aesthetic.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Quote Originally Posted by -Zagadka- View Post
    OT has standards for their slums? I thought their response to slums was, "hey look over here, shiny leet toys for free!"

The Council cleaned up the Tir River (poisoned by Omni) almost exactly 10 years ago. We even prettied up Omni-2; er, sorry, Athen to a better aesthetic.
    Because sand and dirt is much easier on the eyes than clean streets.

Still though, I cant help but think this was another attempt to save money.

Even the short time between them finding the fault and then demolishing them is a bit unsettling. Omni-Tek, why do you hate structure engineers?
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU will pick up the flag and carry it forward. This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes is up to us.

Means, Game Director (2008-2011)