Thread: Bringing Orgs to a new level

Lightbulb Bringing Orgs to a new level

Ok, we've been depending on third party bots for a long time, and while they have had it's use (and some fun plugins) I think it's time for FC to step up and enhance orgs with new org tools.

If you can see in lft interface where people are (well most places have a name label, some have a "Not Found" result due to being inside a mission, a building or a location which FC didn't give a proper label) therefore FC has the code already placed to locate an entire org's roster when they are online.

How about a new org feature that displays as follows in a window:

Name | Rank | Profession | Level | Location

With the following buttons at the bottom of the window

Send Tell | Invite to Team | Promote (if the user is the appropiate rank) | Demote | Remove from Org

Of course we'll still use helpbot to do !whois, but adding a "Whois" button to the org window would also be useful to check out players who may have applied or shown interest in joining the org and leader/officers/members use that feature to check out the prospect/applicant.

Also the possibility to show offline members and when they last logged in would help the leadership to remove inactive members.

Another possible feature would be to allow members to add their "alts" so they would be linked to their Main by adding next to "Location" the label "Main", if the character logged in is the main then the result would be "None" otherwise the main name would be displayed.

I think such an org feature would be great to enhance organizations.

Yes, another MMO has this feature, and when I was playing that "fantasy" game it was one of the most appealing things of being in a guild there, I could always contact officers, the leader and other members in seconds.

Of course that "other" MMO also has a mailing system, which of course Means has stated does not like, but maybe I will post another thread making a more convincing argument that it would enhance the game and not take away from it.

btw I would suggest the command /org roster as a perfect fit to this new feature.

Macrosun, I know you could make this happen....
    /org roster
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Sounds good to me.

For some reason the pipe key (pipe is | for those that don't know) is one of my favorite keys. I'm weird, yes I know.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Looks to be a good idea, but leave poor MacroSun alone.
    he's got enough to deal with, more then you'll ever know.
    Even a Deity deserves and often takes a vacation.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    Looks to be a good idea, but leave poor MacroSun alone.
    he's got enough to deal with, more then you'll ever know.
    Even a Deity deserves and often takes a vacation.
    Blame Means, he has been putting Macrosun on a pedestal on several FWM threads, Macro has become AO's genius coder by reputation alone.
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

How about just having a full ingame roster instead?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Most of the functions of the player run orgbots should be integrated into the game in one way or another.

I always found it rather strange that for such fundamental things like keeping track of who's currently online or listing all org members, player run workarounds, based on self-collected and updated databases, need to be used, instead of having the game provide them as it should.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Quote Originally Posted by Honorbound View Post
    Most of the functions of the player run orgbots should be integrated into the game in one way or another.

I always found it rather strange that for such fundamental things like keeping track of who's currently online or listing all org members, player run workarounds, based on self-collected and updated databases, need to be used, instead of having the game provide them as it should.
    New players even sometimes actually think the bots are part of the game. Telling, isn't it?

Blackmesa
    220/30/68 Clan Agent

ja

Quote Originally Posted by Windguaerd View Post
    Blame Means, he has been putting Macrosun on a pedestal on several FWM threads, Macro has become AO's genius coder by reputation alone.
    It's time for some counter action!
    *flames Macrosun*

Quote Originally Posted by blackmesa View Post
    New players even sometimes actually think the bots are part of the game. Telling, isn't it?
    I once got petitioned for "impersonating FC personal" for claiming I ran helpbot.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    I once got petitioned for "impersonating FC personal" for claiming I ran helpbot.
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    It's time for some counter action!
    *flames Macrosun*

"This enforcer told me he runs helpbot and i should go with him into his candy van, what should i do?"

Yeah, we know what you were really up to, vhab.

Blackmesa
    220/30/68 Clan Agent

ja

Quote Originally Posted by blackmesa View Post
    I thought that when I first joined!

Bump for this.
    Squad Commander of Paragon

Kaelde ~ little gimpy engi of doom
    Ecrisi ~ Even squishier than Kae, if that was at all possible

Bump - bump - bump
    Most gimped ranged nanomage adv. to ever hit Rimor

Yes, would help get rid of those evil bots

A interface the president can customise to enable login and logoff message and online features etc.

Another idea on the same topic is a team-warp to the city controller.
    Disclaimer: My posts should not be read by anyone.

bump - up we go.
    Most gimped ranged nanomage adv. to ever hit Rimor

Quote Originally Posted by leetlover View Post
    Another idea on the same topic is a team-warp to the city controller.
    bump for this and org bots

First I thought about privacy, but who cares.
    1. Easier and more working control over ranks is needed, remote demote/promote etc.
    2. Why not, something that list all org members and those who are online. Maybe even two versions one like current friends and other like lft.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Up and and paaaatch it!

Bump.

* Built-in tools would help those orgs who don't have bot skills

AND

* Would significantly lower the load on said bots for large organizations

AND

* Would lower chat traffic for the game

AND

* Would not -prevent- anyone who preferred their old bot functionality from keeping it.

Win, win, win, win.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Bump.

* Built-in tools would help those orgs who don't have bot skills

AND

* Would significantly lower the load on said bots for large organizations

AND

* Would lower chat traffic for the game

AND

* Would not -prevent- anyone who preferred their old bot functionality from keeping it.

Win, win, win, win.
    Think it would be a brilliant idea for FC to bring in bots for this. As it slows down my computer running a bot for my org, I sometimes think it would be better bringing in one of there own bots and also making orgs more enchanced say adding more governing forms ect making it more fun and more better.