Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: HugeNick's guide to Multi-Purpose Engineer.

HugeNick's guide to Multi-Purpose Engineer.

Disclaimer:

• This isn’t really a guide. Its more like very subjective and highly detailed description of My engineer.
    • Don’t think this is going to be easy, cheap, and fast to do. Any attempt to repeat this at home may cause serious damage both to your computer and yourself.

• For all those that said this is impossible

Multi-purpose Engineer – what this is all about

There are a lot of urban myths regarding engineer profession. The Prime Myth , father of all other myths, says that we just don’t have enough IP points to perform good enough in our 3 primary areas of interest : tradeskilling, top PVM damage and PVP. Because of this, most engineers tend to specialize, often simply rolling other characters if they want to do something new. But, since my engineer is only toon I really play, I simply refuse to make other toon for this, another toon for that… I wanted everything on my beloved engie

So… Multi-Purpose Engineer project includes:

• Top PVM damage with double pistols (OFAB Peregrine Mk6+ ql 199 Kyr’ozch Pistol)

Goals: capped specials, weapons as easy to swap as possible, enough inits to get pistols 1/1 on 75% agg-def bar , and to instacast Sotos on 100% agg-def bar. Enough pm/si skill to do 4h comps.

• Ability to make all combines and tradeskills that bring reliable profit – including ql300 Alien Armor from Mutated, Arul Sabas, ql 300 Alien Weapons, etc.

Goals: Everything except ql 300 Alien Armor can be made without using city HQ. Ability to swap NCUs (meaning >1500 CL without reperks)

• PVP setup with maxed aimed shot and all evasive skills.

Goals: maxed run speed , first aid skill >1001, maxed pvp weapon skill if possible

• All 3 setups need to be swappable on demand – meaning no perk resets, and also no outside buffs if possible.

Spock's voice To boldly go where no man has gone before:

(at least on forums )

Please Note:

-All numbers are for 220 Solitus Engineer.
    - 95% of this stuff isn’t only “on paper” – I am using ingame almost the same setups as those here - but they are tweaked for my personal preferences of course. What I wanted to achieve here are "reference" setups.
    - I wanted to include as many LE stuff as i could, but since i started working on this quite a while ago, there is 100% chance i missed something.
    - I tried to be reasonable with amount of perk resets, grind and points farming needed. Because of this I am using only 3 LE research lines maxed , AI 25 and ql 250 symbiants. ( but it’s not like you are going to get there soon anyway)

1. IP distribution

Please Note:

- Numbers I’ll post in this section, won’t be 100% accurate. Reason for this is that while i have a Nanomage engineer, Solitus is so much better for this kind of setup that I decided to base this guide on Solitus. All calculations are made with AO Skill Emulator v. 2.16. From what I checked, any differences shouldn’t be higher then ~5%. Luckily every breed has more then enough IP for this project to work so this shouldn’t be much of an issue.
    - trickledown is counted with q300 HQ and CompAttribiutes
    - nanoskills are calculated with q300 Mining Operations

• Abilities

- all maxed

• Body

- Body Development maxed

• Melee
      -
    • Misc Weapons
      -
    • Ranged

-max pistol
      -max burst
      -max aimed shot

-pvp weapon of your choice (just get enough points to self equip it). Myself I choosed Superior Sapphistic Bow

Bow (maximum needed 834)

199(base)+45(trickledown)+180(equip)+20(buffs)+22( towers) = 465. 369 Points from IP needed.

Fling Shot (maximum needed 1320 - recharge cap on Ofab Peregrine Mk 6 )

199+51+296+20+22=589. 731 points from IP needed.

Multi Ranged (maximum needed 993 - req on Kyr’ozch Pistol Type 1 )

199+53+387+20+22=684. 285 points from IP needed.

• Speed
      -max run speed
      -max nano resist
      -max duck explosives
      -max evade clsc
      -max dodge ranged

Range Init (maximum needed: 250 - to get pistols 1/1 with agg-def bar on 75%)

199+51+(-203 from equip)+114(buffs)=161. 89 points from IP needed.

Nano Init (maximum needed: 1290 - to instacast Shield of the Obedient Servant with agg-def bar on 100%.

199+50+887=1136. 154 points from IP needed.

• Trade & Repair

I used Maximum Tradeskills Needed - revised and 1.5 a year of personal experience as a reference what is needed and profitable.

Tutoring devices are used only for WS and EE , to avoid delaying some combines(Alien Weapons mostly) because of time lock on Tutoring skill. I assumed alien armor will be done in org city, so i am throwing in HQ bonus. I also used 2 tutoring devices (for psychology and chemistry part), i figured since you already need to travel to city HQ, 2 minutes wont make a lot of difference.

Mechanical Engineering (maximum needed 1800):

199(base )+55(trickledown)+983 (equip)+ 145(buffs) =1307. 418 points from IP needed.

Electrical Engineering (maximum needed 1800)

199 (Base) +52(trickledown)+951 (equip)+145(buffs)+50(Tutoring Device)=1322. 403 points from IP needed.

Quantum FT (maximum needed 1375)

199+58+906+145=1233. 67 points from IP needed.

Weapon Smithing (maximum needed 1800)

198+39+1005+145+50 (Tutoring Device)=1362. 363 points from IP needed.

Comp Literacy (maximum needed 1500)

199+62+520+20+59(Grid House)=860. 640 points from IP needed.

Pharma Tech (maximum needed 1800)

199+60+ 841+207+160(city HQ)= 1392. 333 points from IP needed.

Nano Programming (maximum needed 1800)

199+62+1044+20+160 (city HQ)= 1410. 315 points from IP needed.

Psychology (maximum needed 1800)

199+56+688+20+160+50 (Tutoring Device)=1173. 627 points from IP needed.

Chemistry (maximum needed 2100)

199+50+851+82+160+50(Tutoring Device)= 1317. 708 points from IP needed.

Tutoring (maximum needed 1000)

199+59+343+20=621. 379 points from IP needed.

• Nano&Aiding

-max matter creation
      -max time & space
      -max matter metamorphosies
      -max treatment

Bio Metamorphosis (maximum needed: 761 to use A Maker's Touch

199+55+380+20+40 (org city)=694. 67 points from IP needed.

Psychological Modifications (maximum needed : 985 to use 4 hours Composites)

199+53+410+20+40=722. 286 points from IP needed (23 more than you get from 985-722, because you dont yet have 20 from buff and 3 from trickledown)

Sensory Improvement (maximum needed 984 to use 4 hours Composites)

199+48+383+20+40=690. 317 points from IP needed. (again 23 more for the reasons stated above)

First Aid (maximum needed 1001)

199+52+253 (equip)=504. 497 points from IP needed.

• Spying
      Break&Entry (maximum needed 951)

199+52+352+52=655. 291 points from IP needed.
    • Navigation
      -

After all this, you still should have~1m of free IP points. And its actually quite a lot. For example it should(should - because it gets really tight here) be enough to get 1.4k Break&Entry , pump tradeskills high enough to get rid of those NCUs from your tradeskills setup, and still have ~100k for some little corrections here and there. If you are more into pvp, you can f.e. max another weapon skill (preferably grenade). There are plenty of choices.

1.1. Help - i need more IP!

It would be of course best if IP points were infinite. Yet they dont , and there are so many interesting skills you need , and i never included them for some reason. So here are some suggestions where to get those missing points.

Duck Explosives

We dont really need this so hard , is it pvp or pvm. Even some classes having evades as only defensive skill, dont max duck, and for good reasons. To be honest i dont have it myself , and only included it in this setup, to prove its actually possible to have ALL evades. It should be pretty much safe not raising this skill at all. You can save ~1m IP points here.

Sensory Improvement and Psychological Modifications

"Equip" numbers to reach maximum needed (and i assumed its 984SI/985 PM) were taken from pvm setup you can see below. However if you use arithmetic armor (and you will have to use it anyway to cast your bots), why not cast 4h composites while you are wearing it. You will end up with ~910 base SI/PM skill, only needing very few IP points.

First Aid

After higher shadowlevels, when you get 2 sec nano & heal delta, this skill becomes pretty much meaningless. Unless you are into very serious pvp, you wil do fine not rasing this skill at all.

2. Implant&Symbiants

As mentioned I’m using mostly 250 symbs with an exception of 270 Ear.

Eye symbiant is only ql 240 so it is possible to equip AS eye implant whenever it is needed.

You can watch reference symbiant setup here

2. Perks

-Pistol Mastery 8
    -Mechanic 10
    -Bio Shielding 10

-The Unknown Factor 8
    -Champion of Nano Combat 4
    -Champion of Light Artillery 10
    -Alien Technology Expertise Level 3

-Practical Application 10
    -Mechanical Assistance 10
    -Military Hardware 10

Taken together this setup looks like this

As you can see 12 SL perks are still free. This leaves the space to show how (relatively ) fast you can go from full pvp pimped setup ( i.e. Enhanced Health7+ Kung-Fu Master) to uber pvm DD ( i.e. Shotgun Mastery 10+ Power Up 2)

Why this setup:

- Unknown Factor is almost godlike when it comes to IP saving. At level 8 it boosts all our most IP-expensive tradeskills by huge 160 factor. Also Chaotic Assumption is a great and easy to land perk attack.
    - CoNC and Mechanic for soloing and more convenience with casting pets.

Don’t think I need to explain other perks

2. PVM Damage setup

My reference DD setup looks like this It includes 6x ql 300 Combined Sharpshooter armor, dchest, ql 300 Ofab Peregrine Mk 6 in main hand and ql 199 Kyr’ozch Pistol Type 1 in off hand.

Both fling and burst are capped.

Off hand pistols is selfable.

To equip main hand pistol you’ll need very easy accessible soldier buffs (Riot Control and Pistol Mastery), I also assumed ql 150 Ransacking tower, which can be replaced with CSS chest.

Reasons I decided on CSS instead of CC:

- its better for balance, and this is supposed to be all-around setup
    - easier to swap
    - range init (IP saver)

Final numbers of DD setup

Attack Rating : 2284
    Pistol: 2109
    Burst: 1541 (recharge capped)
    Fling 1320 (recharge capped)
    Multi Ranged: 969

Duck explosives: 1618
    Dodge ranged: 1451
    Evade close: 1291
    Add All Def: 394

Nano init: 1290
    Range init: 250

Projectile damage modifier: 356

With this numbers, all you need to equip main hand pistol is pair of MTI SW500 Geyser and a friendly soldier with pistol mastery and riot control buffs. To equip offhand pistols, you need only +21 ring .

3 . Tradeskill setup

Please Note:

-remember this is intended to be swapped with PVM and PVP setups. For convenience some of tradeskill buffing items (i.e. HUD3 Helper) aren’t included. For the same reason I didn’t include any of the buffing weapons – I figured while equipping q300 Peregrine will be easy, it certainly isn’t any fun to do this again and again after every serious combine.

Reference tradeskill setup looks like this. After 17.3 patch it should also include Ancient Skills Library in utils 3 slot. You should be able to make everything on site, with exception of q300 Alien Armor. For calculations of Computer Literacy and Nano Programming i used Omni-Tek Award - Exemplar instead of All-Match Augmented Bow Tie

I decided to drop Break& Entry skill, as this isnt really a tradeskill. Hacking is a fixer's job. From my experience, 90% of customers come to me with gun already hacked. Also profit-wise it doesnt really matter if you can hack q200 Perenium or not , since in the end they always need to come to you to finish the gun. Nevertheless, i managed to get B&E high enough to hack into most implants.

Final numbers of tradeskill setup

Mechanical Engineering: 1800
    Electrical Engineering: 1800
    Quantum FT: 1375
    Weapon Smithing: 1800
    Comp Literacy: 1500
    Pharma Tech: 1800
    Nano Programming: 1800
    Chemistry:2100
    Tutoring: 1000
    Psychology :1800

Break&Entry: 951
    Last edited by IHaveHugeNick; May 12th, 2007 at 00:17:24.

4. PVP Setup

Again , this is only for reference, because there is as much pvp setups as engineers out there. However something like this should be very decent.

You need to be able to self-equip your weapon, so weapon choices are more or less limited to:

- Zastaba Velocity SX - Special Forces
    - Superior Sapphistic Bow
    - Hand Crafted Unionist Arbalest - only for neuts and clanners
    - Ithaca Ki-8 Snakemaster
    - Enchanted Waterfall Eye Wind Onehander

If you want even better pvp abilities , you can put aimed shot into right wrist and eye implants. Aternatively you can use Exterminator Occular Enhancment. If you want to twink high level PVM symbiants (thus losing ability to swap them with pvp imps), i'd recommend to choose weapons with fast AS recharge (Zastaba, One-Hander, Arbalest).

There are countless threads about pvp weapons so refer to them if you are uncertain what weapon to pick and why. If you are very tight on IP, Ithaca or One-Hander would be best choices for you - Champion of Light Artillery raises shotgun and we also get massive +200 boost from Shotgun Mastery perkline.

Whatever setup and armor you will choose, whoever you will fight, as a Solitus Engineer with maxed all evasive skills including nano resist, with 395 AAD, with 1001 first aid , your survivality will be always as good as even dedicated pvp engineers can get. With max aimed shot you will utilise your pvp weapon as good as it is possible. You are missing only on secondary offensive skills ( dimach, grenade) and in "support" pvp skills (concealment, perception).

4. Summary

( aka stuff that doesnt fit in other sections)

At this point all of you can propably see, most of starting goals can be achieved, and it IS possible to have engineer doing PVP, top PVM damage, and Tradeskils. Granted , it cant be absolute "top" in any of these areas , but - in my subjective opinion - very good in each one. Well if you decide to use Combined Commando armor, you can have top DD performance and keep very good performance in others, but thats story for another day

What i'd also like to accent, this isnt as much a "powergaming" setup , you dont need AI level 30, you dont need maxed all research lines, you dont need every single buffing item ingame, you dont need any perk resets over those needed to equip symbiants.

What you need, is to plan ahead.

For everyone still thinking i was using some IP sploits, and just as a hint to everyone else , here is a screenshot of my skill window - take a look that while most skill bars are filled only up to 50% , i have almost all needed skills. (my ingame setup isnt still finished so i miss a bit on chemistry and WS/ME).

Click Me!

If you have any questions, feel free to do /tell Alcoydel ingame.
    Last edited by IHaveHugeNick; Jan 5th, 2007 at 01:13:32.

Reserved in case of dunno what.

Sorry everyone for posting this in "work in progress" state ( hey, after all we are used to unfinished things it in this game ), but my account goes puff soon after New Year , and i figured releasing this was only way to beat my lazyness and finish this guide before its too late

nick you need to type that offhand it doesn't have glory.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Very interesting, will definatly keep an eye on this one for its completion tho its not the way im making my engie, and personally i think your quite insane IP wise for trying :P
    I have just about all trade skills maxed which at this point im finding quite useless as 1 point over 1800 is pretty much wasted, grenade is maxed, and with that theres no way youll (I) would be able to max all evades let alone pistol / burst plus a Pvp weapon

Grenade FTW!

Ending note:
    Wouldnt it be easier to just say trade skill set up (Full arith + funnels) pvp/pvm (full set of css / cc + D chest) ? :P

E> E>

/Tak
    Last edited by Takun; Dec 31st, 2006 at 00:11:22. Reason: mewmew
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    nick you need to type that offhand it doesn't have glory.
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by Takun View Post
    Very interesting, will definatly keep an eye on this one for its completion tho its not the way im making my engie, and personally i think your quite insane IP wise for trying :P
    I have just about all trade skills maxed which at this point im finding quite useless as 1 point over 1800 is pretty much wasted, grenade is maxed, and with that theres no way youll (I) would be able to max all evades let alone pistol / burst plus a Pvp weapon

Ending note:
    Wouldnt it be easier to just say trade skill set up (Full arith + funnels) pvp/pvm (full set of css / cc + D chest) ? :P

E> E>

/Tak
    See, this is just the reason i made this so detailed, nobody would ever believed this is actually possible if i didn't. That's why i'll try to post as much accurate numbers as possible for each setup, so you can just throw them together and see for yourself.

Any further feedback welcomed and much appreciated

Good luck writing it

I for one will use it as i'm aiming for that but scared of making the wrong choices.
    Always refused to believe engies can only be tradeskill monkies.

I hate to come in here and just talk, but nick you're making your guy how tech use to be and how muah can be. It is a very good idea though, and is infact iptight I had 71 Ip left on tech at 220 before the full IPR.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

For the tradeskill setup, I suggest using scouts instead of ordinary arithmetic. It adds to B&E and trap disarm. Granted, those skills are not used that often, but B&E is needed for perenium guns and Trap disarm is used in a few processes aswell.
    The 1.4k needed in B&E for top notch combines are reachable with scouts and the problem solving thingies you already have in your setup with "average" IP cost on that skill.

I forgot what I needed 1,4k trap disarm for, but I can remember very well that I needed it and had some trouble with it.

Hmm its almost exactly what im doing right now lol
    Exception is i lack a full set of arith so will use city to make AI armor until i got that and i dont have psy cuz my crat can do that. I also use CC because i wanna do dmg in pvm and i dont think engies can evade much anyway so enough evades to avoid crits should do.
    Even without psy im struggling with IP. I did full IPR and carefully try to distribute IP but i dont think i can get away with maxing evades. Nano init is kinda handy for casting NSD in pvp so i would like some of that as well but maxing that will be tough on IP as well. Note that u gonna need more fling to cap LE pistol than in case of the AI pistol, and burst u gotta max anyway to cap it without soljalub so those eat quite a bit of IP.

For pvp i was thinking about onehander, because with LE pistol that would give burst, fling and AS along with pretty good normal hits and lotsa AR. Since the idea is to pvp in battlestations range is less of an issue but i do need selfcasting pets without swapping, preferably in full CC. Therefore i got champ nanocombat maxed. Runspeed is maxed too, as in BS it is the more the better to get to them control points. Instead of unknown factor i was thinking about shotgun mastery, because it adds quite a lot of dmg too and it saves IP into shotgun.

ATM im busy getting my perks back from putting imps in, i got ql300 wrists and right arm now that a similar to yours except i got runspeed in LW instead of add proj dmg and add off in RA instead of nanodelta

- basic pvp setup added.

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    I hate to come in here and just talk, but nick you're making your guy how tech use to be and how muah can be. It is a very good idea though, and is infact iptight I had 71 Ip left on tech at 220 before the full IPR.
    It isnt that bad. On Alco i can already do everything except q300 Mutated, he also has:

maxed: pistol/burst/aimed shot/evade clsc/dodge ranged/run speed/nano resist/ dimach
    enough: fling to cap q300 Peregrine/bow to euip Sapphistic/nano init to instacast sotos at full ag. On the top of this i managed 1001 first aid and semi- selfable 1750 cl (i am using Beast sleeves).

I still have almost 1m IP left.

Quote Originally Posted by Tefnacht View Post
    For the tradeskill setup, I suggest using scouts instead of ordinary arithmetic. It adds to B&E and trap disarm. Granted, those skills are not used that often, but B&E is needed for perenium guns and Trap disarm is used in a few processes aswell.
    The 1.4k needed in B&E for top notch combines are reachable with scouts and the problem solving thingies you already have in your setup with "average" IP cost on that skill.
    - added Scouts instead of Arithmetic, and my view on usefulness of 1.4k B&E
    Last edited by IHaveHugeNick; Dec 31st, 2006 at 05:40:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Geitjemekker View Post
    Hmm its almost exactly what im doing right now lol
    Exception is i lack a full set of arith so will use city to make AI armor until i got that and i dont have psy cuz my crat can do that. I also use CC because i wanna do dmg in pvm and i dont think engies can evade much anyway so enough evades to avoid crits should do.
    Even without psy im struggling with IP. I did full IPR and carefully try to distribute IP but i dont think i can get away with maxing evades. Nano init is kinda handy for casting NSD in pvp so i would like some of that as well but maxing that will be tough on IP as well. Note that u gonna need more fling to cap LE pistol than in case of the AI pistol, and burst u gotta max anyway to cap it without soljalub so those eat quite a bit of IP.

CSS isnt there to evade anything - its there for your safety, whethever you are pvping, soloing, or raiding bugs However you would be suprised how much engineer can evade with full css and blinds running.

You'll need around 1320 skill to cap fling on Peregrine, i've taken this into consideration. Luckily we get massive boost to fling from reserach.

Bump for blinds, having no evade type armour, dodads etc on atm void 250+ symbs was quite suprised when i was in inf today and my blinds where pretty much making me unhitable now you might think, wtf okay, but for someone who has no evades profession and has never put any IP into evades on his engie it was quite the good time :]

From this little tid bit the urge to yet again, full ipreset tradeskills and go DD / evades is further cemented into my mind..

i see you have nano init and ranged init to do yet, and quite honest im quite noobered in these areas in terms of knowledge, ive always just maxed nano init every chance i got because it was just a force of habit, as for ranged init, never touched it a bit... but so far its worked out quite nice for me as my engie is generally on full agro all the time as he, him self hardly is tanking / pulls agro...

but anyways! does anyone have the handy little formulas for nano init and ranged init?
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

What I don't get is how are you going to self a ql300 perergrine mk6? If you are not going to self it easily, then you are not going to do both PvP and PvM, unless you have a pocket soldier and trader. So you are back to the original PvM/tradeskills engi, a setup which I am using from day one.
    In my mind this leaves you with only one option for PvP - onehander. I was heading that way until I a. read how aweful it does in practice b. realized I don't have the IP to max AS. I also don't care much for PvP so I didn't do the effort.

I would also point out that whatever you do, you are making a compromise. You are not making the best PvM, best PvP or even best tradeskiller. It might be a good enough one, but not the best.
    I think the best PvM setup is where I am heading now, dual ql300 Per6. I now have ql300 Per 6 and ql199 kyr pistol, going for ql300 Per 6 and ql300 kyr pistol in a few days, and then when I finish research/twinking a dual ql300 Per 6. Best PvM setup is also probably berserker and CC, not CSS.
    The best PvP will probably be a KEC 3. Again, not selfable, but neither is your setup.
    The best tradeskillers are able to do all tradeskills without HQ, on the spot, and with max bonus due to high tradeskills. For example I sometimes use the services of a tradeskiller with 2500 tradeskills for imps and other things. He also has 1400 B&E which I doubt you will.
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Quote Originally Posted by Takun View Post
    but anyways! does anyone have the handy little formulas for nano init and ranged init?
    Try /tell helpbot !aggdef
    RK1:220/30 Alicia "Muhandes" Jolt General of Destiny. My setup/A quick screenshot
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    "Guides": 210 symbs before 170, 220 symbs before 180, NM Engi Twinking 205, 210, 215, 220.
    WTB ql150 weapons, Grand Armbands, Eye of the Evening Star.

Really there is no need to spend IP to do *ok* in PVP as an engineer. Pets will rip apart many profs quite easily and you can be a pretty effective doc/soldier killer with pistols. Since these are probably the two most important profs in mass pvp atm, if you want to pvp do so, there's no need to max shotgun/as. If you can get Dual OFAB pistols on and are using CC armor, you will rip up any low evades prof as it is (probably doing far more damage over time than an AS setup on docs/enf/soldier anyways)
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

Still wondering where all those IP come from. How u can have a mil IP left after maxing all those skills is a mystery to me.

Does a nanomage need less IP to max all abilities than a soli?
    Did u put IP into duck explosives or none at all?

Basicly Ive had the same idea for long - saving up IP from tradeskills by having a full set of arith to swap on and unkown factor perk line.

The thing is that in the light of LE Im not even sure if I should bother with non mech PvP setup. Seems that the BS and towerwars are going to be fought in mechs anyway. So only place I would need AS and likes is Tara(or if you are into shop wars).
    Filby 220/15 engineer
    1800+ ME, EE, WS, Pharma, NP, Psychology
    Enough QFT, 2000+ Chem, 1200 BE

Guys ... I'm working on a similar setup ... very good PvP, PvM and tradeskills are doable for engineers. Its hugely expensive, but doable.

A tip; get a Treatment Library and swap implants/symbs on the fly. Okay, you get a bit lower QL, but in the big picture, it wont matter too much for say, a right arm. (Shiny B&E for tradeskills, shiny burst for PvM and perhaps Shiny Shotty for PvP). QL250 should be easy enough to swap.
    SC of Kvestakolal - Join us if you can spell it correctly
    * Mechanuf - 220 Multi-Purpose Combat Engineer
    * Hormonuf - 220 Healmonkey
    * Hackuf - 217 Phix
    * ... loads of other *ufs and *nufs

-basic math for ranged weapons added
    -basic math for tradeskills added

Quote Originally Posted by muha View Post
    What I don't get is how are you going to self a ql300 perergrine mk6?
    To equip main hand pistol you’ll need very easy accessible soldier buffs (Riot Control and Pistol Mastery), I also assumed ql 150 Ransacking tower, which can be replaced with CSS chest.

I would also point out that whatever you do, you are making a compromise. You are not making the best PvM, best PvP or even best tradeskiller. It might be a good enough one, but not the best.
    For me, on the contrary. Compromise would be to resign from some kind of activity just because "there is no IP for it". I found IP for everything and i can do whatever i want , whenever i want. Sacrifices ofcourse had to be made

I think the best PvM setup is where I am heading now, dual ql300 Per6. I now have ql300 Per 6 and ql199 kyr pistol, going for ql300 Per 6 and ql300 kyr pistol in a few days, and then when I finish research/twinking a dual ql300 Per 6. Best PvM setup is also probably berserker and CC, not CSS.
    On paper, it propably is. Difference isnt that big, it might be 5-10% tops. Also note OFAB's dont have Glory. Also I was using 300 type 4+ 199 type 1 for quite a while and except Shades there were few people - people not proffesions - able to OD me on aliens. I dont think this will change with LE, actually i believe we got most love DD wise.

Also with Mechanic and evades i'd be able to solo much better then you - its also pvm

The best PvP will probably be a KEC 3. Again, not selfable, but neither is your setup.
    It is best for pvp, but its maybe 5% better then mine , while being 50% worse then my setup when it comes to DD.

Try /tell helpbot !aggdef
    Its not accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsby View Post
    Really there is no need to spend IP to do *ok* in PVP as an engineer. Pets will rip apart many profs quite easily and you can be a pretty effective doc/soldier killer with pistols. Since these are probably the two most important profs in mass pvp atm, if you want to pvp do so, there's no need to max shotgun/as. If you can get Dual OFAB pistols on and are using CC armor, you will rip up any low evades prof as it is (probably doing far more damage over time than an AS setup on docs/enf/soldier anyways)
    You tried this at home?

Good luck riping apart a doc when you are Ubted.

Good luck riping enfo apart when you get more hits from his damage shield than you do with your pistols.

PVP with pistols instead of AS is like cyb0r compared to rl sex

/off to get some booze

Happy New Year.
    Last edited by IHaveHugeNick; Dec 31st, 2006 at 18:40:34.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast