Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OOC - An RP Group

OOC - An RP Group

Hello! Recently, I returned to Rubi-Ka after a two-year leave, and I was surprised at how things have changed. All of the people that I used to play and RP with are all but gone, and that has left me with much less to do. A while back (when I was still playing for free), I met some people with an RP mindset, like mine. We decided that, just for fun, the six of us would roll new characters. Because our playing times clashed, for the most part, we decided on a couple of days per week in which we'd all get on, log these toons, and do whatever we felt like (RP, missions, instances...you name it). We would only ever log these particular toons on the nights that we all played, and we were always teamed, so our levels were always the same as one another's. Each character had his/her own background, and personality, and a couple of us even had our own accents (albeit our Atrox Soldier was nigh impossible to understand). Those were the days I would look forward to every week. Unfortunately, due to work-related problems and such, I was forced to leave both the RP group, as well as AO. Now that I'm back, and a fully-subscribed player, I've found out that I'm left with little to do. I'm hoping that I can get another group like that going, but I don't want to force this idea on anyone. If any of you are interested in this, then please post here with your playing schedule. I'm usually on from about 9 p.m. - 12 a.m. CST ( 21:00 to 0:00).
    In GMT, that would be 03:00 - 06:00. I hope to hear from you soon!
    Never take life seriously...nobody gets out alive, anyway.

(( well first off, welcome! There are some RPers around that haven't been kicked out by WoW kiddies just yet ^^ "/tell channel42 !join" will help you get to recognize the names associated with RP. Channel 42 is a user supported chatbot that is solely Roleplay oriented. hope to catch you there sometime. Also take a look through this for a rather recently updated list of who is what and where. ))
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

if you need any info about RPing just ask the "most proactive RPer on RK1" aka me ;p i'll help u get around with current RP
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

Check the list and find a good roleplay org... If you're not in one already tho.. but having org members that roleplay helps alot if you're new! And you're also free to send me a tell if you have any questions or want to roleplay

Are you the only one roleplaying in your's playboy? Never met any other DA member that has roleplayed...

btw Ratsetsunyo, which faction are you in?
    Last edited by Iaitoo; Mar 14th, 2008 at 10:51:00.
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

i told my members not to interact with shady characters, so no, u never met any ;p

besides, even if i'm the only RPer in my org i'm still pulling alot around AO
    Never knock on death's door, always ring the bell and run. Death really hates that.

I'm a shady char... what?:O I am nice!

Yes you are one of the more funny persons to roleplay with in ao:P
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

If annoying everyone equates to proactive roleplaying you sure are PBF :P

but yeah join the channel and look around for meetings and such, also theres the events sign up sheet on your account you can tick. im sure you'll find something somewhere.

Well, thus far, Iaitoo, I've been playing Clan. Currently, my character is in The Mockers, but I'll be rolling a new one soon, depending on whether or not I can get a team going like my afore-mentioned post. You see, I haven't really joined an RP org, yet, because most people in said orgs. already have higher-level toons, or they level their toons too quickly for me to really keep up and enjoy the experience: That's why I wanted to get an independant group going. This way, we'd never have to worry about levelling our characters alone, and we'd never have to worry about whether or not our characters are still within team range of one another. I'm not saying that our characters would never join an organization, but I'd like for us to play at least a couple of sessions before getting into the org. scene.
    Never take life seriously...nobody gets out alive, anyway.

don't have to join a rp org either! but join the channel42 at least

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    i told my members not to interact with shady characters, so no, u never met any ;p

besides, even if i'm the only RPer in my org i'm still pulling alot around AO
    Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. That would make it difficult for you to (pretend to) roleplay anything worth while.

yanno, since you'd only have 1 hand to type with and more than likely not even that one cuz it'd be too busy doing other stuff... like touching yourself, cuz you're too awesome for anyone else to touch you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by lyzor View Post
    Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. That would make it difficult for you to (pretend to) roleplay anything worth while.

yanno, since you'd only have 1 hand to type with and more than likely not even that one cuz it'd be too busy doing other stuff... like touching yourself, cuz you're too awesome for anyone else to touch you.
    yeah well, atleast i try to keep RPing alive, not like i tried running a radio station that phailed majorly, or fail at solving simple puzzles, maybe u should just stick to the thing u do 1% better than RPing, aka pvping

but anyway, RP doesn't have to involve all being the same lvl ranges to team you can be lvl 1 and RP with a lvl 220 just as well as 2 lvl 220's rping together

gotta agree with you there pbf.. many people seem to think that low levels aren't good enough to roleplay with, while in fact they might be better roleplayers because they use their time to roleplay and not grind levels!

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    gotta agree with you there pbf.. many people seem to think that low levels aren't good enough to roleplay with, while in fact they might be better roleplayers because they use their time to roleplay and not grind levels!
    I'll RP with just about anyone, but I get wary around those below my pvp range on the OT, and even more so Nuet side. Big reason being is the little pups puff out their chest start god-moteing /me's (/me hawtshade pulls out her dreadloche shark with perma kill bullets and shoots Kotts in the face one hundred billion times and laughs over his corpse) then go on to say they challenged me to a fight and I wouldn't accept. The game will not allow me to pvp low levels. Taking that out of context ICly is just annoying. even more-so when they start sending OOC hate tells when I god-mote them right back.

But that's another rant In short I won't stick around if someone starts to text-stroke themselves, regardless of level. I can spend my $15/mo time doing something more worthwhile... like mindlessly killing aliums, or pvping.
    Point Blank

Quote Originally Posted by playboyfixer View Post
    yeah well, atleast i try to keep RPing alive, not like i tried running a radio station that phailed majorly, or fail at solving simple puzzles, maybe u should just stick to the thing u do 1% better than RPing, aka pvping

but anyway, RP doesn't have to involve all being the same lvl ranges to team you can be lvl 1 and RP with a lvl 220 just as well as 2 lvl 220's rping together
    Aww look, it's trying to be cute. Yes dear, I totally and completely failed at an endeavor. Oh wait, no I didn't. I was a member of a team. You know, something that's more than 1 person or is that concept too big for you?

Puzzle solving? Oh! you mean that other thread where I was asking, in my own way, to have the involvement expanded so that others could find a logical way of joining in and actually enjoy a roleplay scenario that seemed well thought out. Yup, seems like a failure there too.

Oh btw hun, the words are spelled like this: you, failed, at least (with a space in it). Also, don't forget to capitalize your I's.

As far as my RPing ability vs my PVPing ability: No need to worry your (pretty) little head about them. You'll never see either one. BTW, there's someone I'd like to introduce you to: Toboexxx. I understand you guys have a lot in common.
    Last edited by lyzor; Mar 14th, 2008 at 23:39:58.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trebius View Post
    Silence m8! The beast is sleeping, do not wake her and incur her wrath.
    Lyzor 220 Opi - PVP Doc
    Current
    Wishlist

(( I'm RK1's most retroactive RPer! True story, they even covered me on Discovery channel!

As for casual RPing, there are many orgs that might provide you with just that, you might want to check out this thread and perhaps also have a look at this to find out which org might fit your characters "profile"

Best of luck finding an awesome posom org or group to RP with ))
    Last edited by Quilluck; Mar 14th, 2008 at 23:45:41.
    Transcendence
    ----
    220 iii "Quilluck" iiiiii :: iii "Quillster" i 165
    074 iii "Tradeursoul" i :: i "Fourthaid" ii 220
    ----

yeah kotts... When I used to be aggressive, I just threatened people with /me's... But firing the trigger and laugh over your body is a bit extreme... verbal arguing is much more fun... If I meet someone with permakill bullets I ignore them until they leave.. hehe Just tell them to show up at one of the roleplay courses..

Quote Originally Posted by lyzor View Post
    BTW, there's someone I'd like to introduce you to: Toboexxx. I understand you guys have a lot in common.
    ooooh, thats gotta hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    yeah kotts... When I used to be aggressive, I just threatened people with /me's... But firing the trigger and laugh over your body is a bit extreme... verbal arguing is much more fun... If I meet someone with permakill bullets I ignore them until they leave.. hehe Just tell them to show up at one of the roleplay courses..
    Bingo

I think I just attract alot of negitive attention being a Sentinel. Most of the other Sent type clanners, quit, or are playing different times then me, and a good portion of the RPers are nuet now too, so I get most of the IC hate by default. I can ICly argue all day, and I'm not afraid to throw down with my gimpy setup. Just when people take it personal and I have some OOC death threat waiting for me in my email... wow. just wow. I can only take so much, and then I'm out.

Other games I'd just slap them in the face with the ol /ignore, but eventually (hopfully) they'll snap out of it and take the game, and RP for what it is. Fictional immersive fun.
    Point Blank

gah, I'll have to come and god mode you then!!!:P
    Noo, can't be agressive against assembly members (Cogs would kill me if I did anything to you, or at least his lady Tussa )

We tend to be a docile bunch. For Sentinels. Around nuets.
    Point Blank

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast