Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Friday with Means - December 12th, 2008

Here are my questions to you:

Is there a GM in change of Storyline and Plot currently?

Does this GM work with the ARK Events team?

Does this GM plan to help coordinate Events that lead up to the Boosters Implementation?

I ask because Lost Eden hit us like surprise buttsekz. Nothing really leading up to logging in to find Borealis under Omni-Tek Control and that without resistance the Clans took 4 Holes.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Well, looks like I'm going to have to ask the wife to get me something else for Christmas since the booster won't be quite ready. Any chance of a pre-order soon? :-P

The timers on the toolbar would be a great enhancement. As mentioned previously, could something similar be implemented for Grid Armor or SWS?
    Rootcommand Level 219/28 Omni Solitus Fixer
    Diosdemuerte Level 213/18 Omni Solitus Soldier
    Dicenslice Level 220/21 Omni Atrox Keeper

~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~

Dang, keep this up and I may just start believing there is a Santa Clause. You’ve touched upon several items on my wish list that I didn’t even dare to hope for. Shoot, the forthright communication alone is more than I could ever have dreamed of. Thank you!
    You have not wasted your day if you have laughed at least once and learned at least one new thing. ~Jokzer

The way I see it, the loot, the levels, all the binary is temporary and can be lost at any time. The only permanent thing in the game are the people and the memories you make with them. ~Silq

~ Homeostasis ~ Proud member of ARETE ~RX~. 2001-2014 - It's been a wonderful journey! *hugs* from Homeo and her army of alts!

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    Only one mine for a specific period of time (ie: one mine placed every 4 minutes. Mine triggered after 3 minutes. New mine can be placed 1 minute later.)
    One mine at a time? You're kidding, right? It better have a good range. I understand the trigger range probably won't be as big as the effect range, but it still needs to be big enough to be effective.

The "If you build it, they will come" rhetoric sounds good in theory, but it doesn't work in AO PvP, especially for engineers. I mean, we already have enough problems with people either ignoring and/or avoiding us, and this doesn't seem like it will help that.
    Because Race Yalm

Means can you put snowball back in game too! that would be fun with knockback hooked to it, having a snowball fight.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

I just dont get the whole offensive defensive thing. How is NT AOE knockback in nano form "defensive", but basically the same thing in form of handgrenade for Engineers "offensive". Is it a language barrier or did i just miss something.

so with great foresight if fc is really going to close rk3 cause of not enough ppl there, this is a cry for help to everyone at rk1 and rk2.
    for all of us there it would be very painful to loose everything we put up in the last years, so my request is if you are interested in it, start playing a new char here... it will be fun for you and help as much. im also playing with 2 guys in org with mains from rk1 and i think they are enjoing the difference between the servers.

so thats it for the moment, thanks a lot and cya at rk3 :-)

Quote Originally Posted by DaryonRK3 View Post
    so with great foresight if fc is really going to close rk3 cause of not enough ppl there, this is a cry for help to everyone at rk1 and rk2.
    for all of us there it would be very painful to loose everything we put up in the last years, so my request is if you are interested in it, start playing a new char here... it will be fun for you and help as much. im also playing with 2 guys in org with mains from rk1 and i think they are enjoing the difference between the servers.

Hopefully they will move your toons over to Rk1 ^^

Sure it will SUCK for you but... I think you will get over it =)
    Rk3 was kinda doomed from the start tbh =/
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

The yuttos scene is adorable.
    Bolen - 220/23/70 trox ma clanner
    Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor
    www.synergyfactor.net
    Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by DaryonRK3 View Post

Well, a forced transfer would be a problem for many of the RK3-players, as (due to the small amount of players) RK3 has become one big family.
    On the other hand FC wouldn't have to keep up a server that's quite empty.
    The german community doesn't have just one opinion on that topic. In fact there were long and heated debates about what should happen with RK3.
    Especially the language barrier is a problem for many germans.

My personal opinion:
    I'm an RK3 player but wouldn't mind to transfer my chars if there would be an option to do so.
    But one question is left: how would the rk1/2 communities react on germans coming to their servers, considering the fact that many germans are hardly speaking english.

So not only the RK3 community should be asked but also the rk1/2 communities...

Quote Originally Posted by marentis View Post
    Well, a forced transfer would be a problem for many of the RK3-players, as (due to the small amount of players) RK3 has become one big family.
    On the other hand FC wouldn't have to keep up a server that's quite empty.
    The german community doesn't have just one opinion on that topic. In fact there were long and heated debates about what should happen with RK3.
    Especially the language barrier is a problem for many germans.

My personal opinion:
    I'm an RK3 player but wouldn't mind to transfer my chars if there would be an option to do so.
    But one question is left: how would the rk1/2 communities react on germans coming to their servers, considering the fact that many germans are hardly speaking english.

So not only the RK3 community should be asked but also the rk1/2 communities...
    I dont know about Rk2 but on Rk1 we got both Romanian and Russian orgs where hardly anyone speak English so i don't think anyone would react, just make a German org or 2 and do what the Russians do, ask eachuter for help with translation, theres always someone around that knows English...

Oh and you could set up chatbots between German orgs and you would hardly know the difference between a pure German server and a German community on Rk1..
    Last edited by Rktim; Dec 12th, 2008 at 23:12:41.
    Messiah has spoken.

Personally I would like to be on rk1/2.
    In fact, I prefer to be in an english speaking environment as it's the best way to increase your english skills.
    However I was stupid enough to start on RK3 and it's done already.
    I just don't want to start all over again on rk1/2 (hence why I would love a char transfer).

As much as cities indeed would be trouble after sever merge, , truth is, the "who gets there first" rule with Alien Cities, was badly abused, and you know it. I think a fresh start would be fair. Adding a simple rule that sets high amount of people in organisation that holds city , might help.

There are plenty of people with 2+ private cities , used as an investment, even if they got it legitimately, its not really "as intended.

After all, private cities are only used for farming alien leadbots, perhaps increasing droprates or introducing more, better, faster Means(tm), to get them, would ease the pain of losing a city. After all , ai armor is quite an old content for MMO market standards. There were plenty of other interesting suggestions how to solve issue with cities , all over the game suggestions forum.

Point being, i appreciate that we finally get a response from Funcom regarding server merge, its hell better then the silence, but... i dont about you guys, but many , many of my old friends that were coming back to AO at one point or another, dissapear after the usual one month, with always the same answer: "fine, fine, changes, changes, lots of fixes, lots of new content, quests, instances, playfields, yadadayadayada, but who cares if the game is single player".

When your "oldschoolers" come back to see the Booster, or the new Engine, i think it will end up just like that. Most of people that played 2-3 and more years ago, will have the memory of crowded places, cities, SL gardens, when they'll see the emptiness, they'll just /flip and leave.

Means!
    Idea: Free character transfer from Rk3 to optional Rk1 or 2
    Players would probably agree on to move as a guild or something and they would get a new city or towers in time...
    Oh and hugenicks idea about limit works also, set it to 9+ characters (not accounts) to get a city or something
    Messiah has spoken.

Is it really necessary to put a timer on nano icons? We do have a Nano-Program bar up top anyway.

Otherwise, very cool (and the Yutto pics were hilarious )
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

I wouldn't mind to be the test subject of any upcoming char transfer system. As I'm really looking forward to it for quite a long time already (When the Paid Points system was introduced, there were rumors about an upcoming char transfer system).

I also wouldn't mind if it would cost something (but in that case the fee shouldn't be too high).

Quote Originally Posted by marentis View Post
    If we can put up with the French and their gibberish, we won't have any trouble getting along with people who speak a real language like German.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

new changes seem great i especially like the timer thing! good job, keep it up
    oh and Means, try having a peek on the "AO and Universe" thread in the 18.0 forum, how to introduce those new playfields.

In a nutshell: let the storyline roll
    would be better than "gimme my vbots alr u green biatch!111one!"

ps: every troll in this forum changed to the readhead chick avatar? Oo
    or I was just drinking too much?
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by rimorsimon View Post
    new changes seem great i especially like the timer thing! good job, keep it up
    oh and Means, try having a peek on the "AO and Universe" thread in the 18.0 forum, how to introduce those new playfields.

In a nutshell: let the storyline roll
    would be better than "gimme my vbots alr u green biatch!111one!"

ps: every troll in this forum changed to the readhead chick avatar? Oo
    or I was just drinking too much?
    Yes! We are also working on starting a forum social group to defend our interests and bridges etc etc...
    Messiah has spoken.

As much as cities indeed would be trouble after sever merge, , truth is, the "who gets there first" rule with Alien Cities, was badly abused, and you know it. I think a fresh start would be fair. Adding a simple rule that sets high amount of people in organisation that holds city , might help.

There are plenty of people with 2+ private cities , used as an investment, even if they got it legitimately, its not really "as intended.

After all, private cities are only used for farming alien leadbots, perhaps increasing droprates or introducing more, better, faster Means(tm), to get them, would ease the pain of losing a city. After all , ai armor is quite an old content for MMO market standards. There were plenty of other interesting suggestions how to solve issue with cities , all over the game suggestions forum.

Point being, i appreciate that we finally get a response from Funcom regarding server merge, its hell better then the silence, but... i dont about you guys, but many , many of my old friends that were coming back to AO at one point or another, dissapear after the usual one month, with always the same answer: "fine, fine, changes, changes, lots of fixes, lots of new content, quests, instances, playfields, yadadayadayada, but who cares if the game is single player".

When your "oldschoolers" come back to see the Booster, or the new Engine, i think it will end up just like that. Most of people that played 2-3 and more years ago, will have the memory of crowded places, cities, SL gardens, when they'll see the emptiness, they'll just /flip and leave.

Seriously would you want to be transferred and be Level 1 with no money? Cause this is what you are saying.

If people have cities it's because they worked hard to get them, just like you got your levels and items. Losing them overnight would make a lot of people, me included leave game.

There are several technical way to preserve all cities to their respective owners along with all the accounts and what is in them.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast