Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    can we expect the same silence from you in regard to the future of ao as we've been getting from every other funcom rep so far?
    Good question Lazy.A str8 and i think is an "all around question".I and We peoples who play/paying this game should get a honest answer regarding it.

Quote Originally Posted by finalburst View Post
    Good question Lazy.A str8 and i think is an "all around question".I and We peoples who play/paying this game should get a honest answer regarding it.
    Preferably something that's not marketing drivel.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I think what Lazy means, more specifically, is that as far as the future of AO goes, what is on the table for us in the next few years? Let us ignore engine and rebalance for a sec and what options is FC considering for AO. Joel has said that he has outlined what he had planned to do for TSW until 2015 prior to the re-structuring. Granted, that outline was probably more internally based and for FC staff only.

But, AO is different because for the past hmm 4 years or so we have heard nothing big on the horizon other than engine and re-balance. Those two things to fall back upon can no longer apply because they have been said to death. To use them would be just another insult to us and can only damage you/us further.

We want something new, we want something to look forward to, we want something that is realistic, we want it to be realized. We are tired of the "lolol engine soon guys" drivel and the "balance soon" nonsense. Something concrete needs to be said about AO and its future. Moral on the forums is low, moral in game is low. People are only happy with what is currently in front of them and they have nothing to look forward to other than vaporware and let downs.

I want to see transparency from funcom. Either admit the game is on the shelf or be honest about how much work is actually being done for the games future.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    I want to see transparency from funcom. Either admit the game is on the shelf or be honest about how much work is actually being done for the games future.
    I genuinely believe that all the players that use these forums should quote the above. It's about time we had some honesty from them. If it hurts, then so be it. Stop the waffle, and lay it on the line. The paying populace deserve that much.
    Rubi-Ka is an ideal Planet for colonisation, but its Notum will make it dangerous if it falls into the wrong hands. I fear for it. Unknown 28703AD

I've got 2 paid accounts but moving it down to one payed account this weekend. Who knows how much longer I will continue to pay for the one account. Dunno if I want to hang around for another 2 years just to hear the same ol same ol.

There are cheaper and games which to me are just as fun out there. Games like black Ops2 and Skyrim.

I love AO and it is very unique but been feeling used and abused lately. (Like for the last 5 years lately)

I will keep one account paid because the merge has given me small hope and made the game more enjoyable. If the engine and re balance goes live I will open both accounts back up and continue to pay for many more years.

This.

/signed
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

*crickets*
    Zirreall 220/24/68 MP
    Xirreall 220/11/70 Crat
    Sirreall 220/23/70 Advy
    Merijane 221/29/70 Doctor
    Azriellla 202/0/0 NT

People shallow, self-absorbed
    See the push and shove for their rewards
    I, me, my is on their minds
    You can read about it in their eyes

If you were told, no new engine for at least another year, and no grand rebalance is going to happen but instead minor ninja changes would come during patches every 3-6months if at all, and npe is delayed for another 2 months.

Would you still play?

If not then quit now and save us the time of reading posts threatening to quit AO.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I think most people reading this thread want the same information
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    If you were told, no new engine for at least another year, and no grand rebalance is going to happen but instead minor ninja changes would come during patches every 3-6months if at all, and npe is delayed for another 2 months.

Would you still play?

If not then quit now and save us the time of reading posts threatening to quit AO.
    Not a threat it's a promise. lol

Quote Originally Posted by AOJUNKIE View Post
    Not a threat it's a promise. lol
    Assume the worst and quit now.

If you don't like game "as-is-now" I can't understand why you are paying for it currently. My parents always told me you get what you pay for. Why on earth would you pay for a product based on "possible future" developments?

Ever heard the saying "a fool and his money are soon departed"? Or "There is a sucker born every minute?"
    (not directed to anyone in particular)
    Last edited by Psikie; Apr 12th, 2013 at 19:10:07.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I'm not sure how many fit into this category (my personal observation is quite a few), but many people pay for 6 or 12 month subscriptions. As such, I'd imagine they'd have a right to inquire about the present/future of a game when they have non-refundable pre-paid time remaining. Yes, it might be considered foolish to have pre-paid for AO but then again, maybe not.

Regardless, there's no harm in asking for a status and some information regarding the direction of the game.

Anyhow... I'll just quote myself to answer the question posed in the original post:

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Think of it this way. This merge is so close to being ready that it was announced as a possibility of being released in November yet we still, to this day, never get a FAQ on what was to happen.

Something this big deserves a FAQ sticky with questions and answers from official people (i.e. Funcom Devs) all in one place (versus random vague answers scattered across several different threads) yet there really isn't one. The closest thing you get is the testlive patch notes but even those leave more questions than answers.

There's a community manager and I'm not exactly sure what that duty entails but I'd suggest they read some of the threads, compile a list of questions and sit next to a dev and get some answers. Then they can just make a thread, sticky and lock it and post the frequently asked questions with answers. That can't take longer than 30min or an hour.. heck.. give me a phone number to someone in AO's dev team and I'll do it myself. But this lack of communication and slow/no/vague response thing got old a long time ago. If we didn't care, we wouldn't bother to even post. Sometimes it feels like you have to really babysit them just to find a justification for giving them money to continue to play the game.
    Events by Jill is a premier event planning organization. We organize events such as scavenger hunts, educational seminars, tours, raids and social gatherings.

"If it's an Event by Jill.. you know it's done right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Eventsbyjill View Post
    As such, I'd imagine they'd have a right to inquire about the present/future of a game when they have non-refundable pre-paid time remaining. Yes, it might be considered foolish to have pre-paid for AO but then again, maybe not.
    You are absolutely right you have a right to inquire about the present/future of AO even if you were not paying for it. However if you pre paid for AO under the impression you were getting something other than "as-is" currently, then yes you would be foolish.

Further more complaining about said pre paid gaming time sounds even more foolish.

Further still complaining on forums about a game that someone (not necessarily you) does not even play anymore is the most foolish of all.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

You are absolutely right you have a right to inquire about the present/future of AO even if you were not paying for it. However if you pre paid for AO under the impression you were getting something other than "as-is" currently, then yes you would be foolish.

Further more complaining about said pre paid gaming time sounds even more foolish.

Further still complaining on forums about a game that someone (not necessarily you) does not even play anymore is the most foolish of all.
    You must think Kickstarter is the most foolish thing on the internet then.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    You must think Kickstarter is the most foolish thing on the internet then.
    Not at all, however AO is not a kickstarter project. Those that do INVEST in a kickstarter program understand there are no guarantees it will ever get off the ground. They certainly understand what they are INVESTING in a program "as-is". Any future projections are just that. With no guarantees of a return or progress on that INVESTMENT.

But I will reiterate in case you missed it the first time...

Ever heard the saying "a fool and his money are soon departed"? Or "There is a sucker born every minute?"
    (not directed to anyone in particular)
    If those are beyond comprehension i've got another for you. "You can wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which ones fills up faster."

If you like to think you are investing in the future of AO more power to you, but since i've never seen any investor relations pitches you are fully deserving of being disappointed when your self initiated investments don't pan out.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Don't be ridiculous. People can complain on the forums if they're passionate about the game - do you understand what the word "forum" is?
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

If you don't like game "as-is-now" I can't understand why you are paying for it currently. My parents always told me you get what you pay for. Why on earth would you pay for a product based on "possible future" developments?
    While true in some cases, this makes very little sense when talking about MMOs. Especially ones that take some time investment to "complete" such as AO. You aren't going to get a toon ready in a week, or even a month. In many ways its a "work now, fun later". For a paying customer it makes all the difference to know whats going to happen. There's not only the money investment, but time as well.

For me personally, the game is playable atm, but it needs to keep this level of players - preferably more. I am willing to pay for it "as it is" but thats assuming it stays as it is, and doesn't head the downward spiral it was heading 3 months ago. And this depends on many of the promised things.

You can talk all you want about people being ridiculous for wanting to know whats happening, but that doesn't change the fact that practically in every MMO these days the devs communicate their doings and plans. It's what people expect.

Edit: If it wasn't clear: Bump for "ask the devs" what masta and others have suggested.

Ready for what, exactly? Playing the game and having fun?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast