Thread: Loot messages must be less fakeable

Loot messages must be less fakeable

My suggestion:
    Find a way to do loot messages that a player cannot copy. Heard too many stories of jokers doing a /me looted "insert reference for GA MKIV disc" and then being accused of stealing and being unable to prove otherwise when they only meant it as a joke.

I know that many of you might think that this is childish behavior on the part of the player and that they get what they deserve when they do this... but some people are natural pranksters and like to do this sort of thing for fun (not for grief, just for a "Hah hah, right, like there was a <fill in the blank> in that chest").

EQ did this with loot messages and with item consumption (since that showed up in the chat window also). It would be nice if AO did the same. That way people can still have some fun (with an almost but not quite copy of a loot message that can be quickly dismissed as a fake if you're paying attention). Not saying that AO should copy everything EQ does.... but some things are worth duplicating if they can reduce problems.
    Hans "Kryllis" Kirklin
    84 Solitus Doctor - Loyal employee of Omni-Tek (Atlantean Dimension)
    "Yes, I know my beard doesn't match my hair... I'm a doctor, not a cosmetologist!"

Ha ha ha - I can't believe they made the same mistake as EQ did !

Sorry to laugh at you all, but this is pretty darned fun to someone who played EQ when they did the EXACT same thing.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!