Thread: Fixing superior shop clusters a highlight of any patch

Fixing superior shop clusters a highlight of any patch

Well 4 of us where shoping for clusters this saturday and sunday what a nice way to spend a weekend dont you think. We were so discussed with the low lvl clusters found in the shop, that we started playing of who will find the lowest high end cluster (the one on the right that is supposed to be higher).

Well we found several 80s and 79 and 78 but the winner was a 76 cluster found by pianless grats

Here is a suggestion that will cover your cluster needs and make all ql clusters avaible to all citizens: (Man you boys lucky u have me so smart and full of ideas )

*********** Superior shop *** Average shop *** Basic Shop:

Higher cluster ql: 200 -150 ***** 150 - 100 ******* 100 - 50
    Lower cluster ql: 150 - 100 ***** 100 - 50 ******* 50 - 1

Well this is a good start. Can't be that hard to change can it ? Trust be this would be a highlight of any patch that includes it.
    Novice Ozzie Fiix Ozborn

Cluster shopping is already so disgustingly easy as compared to the early days of AO. I rarely have to visit more than 2 shops to get everything I need, cluster wise.

They might as well just have an option to upload your nano nanny file and automagically deduct the credits from your account, and stick the implants in a bag in your inventory.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Originally posted by Detonate
    Cluster shopping is already so disgustingly easy as compared to the early days of AO. I rarely have to visit more than 2 shops to get everything I need, cluster wise.

They might as well just have an option to upload your nano nanny file and automagically deduct the credits from your account, and stick the implants in a bag in your inventory.
    Cluster shopping used to be a 3 day event, now it's a one hour thing. The initial happiness of that change still hasn't worn off for me, we don't need it to be even easier.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

It's surely true that cluster shopping is SOOOO much easier now than it used to be, but trying to fill a ql200 implant order can take quite a while...
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

Originally posted by Specialone
    It's surely true that cluster shopping is SOOOO much easier now than it used to be, but trying to fill a ql200 implant order can take quite a while...
    The fact you can even buy QLs that high at all is kinda screwy, in my opinion. I always expected I'd have to mission for each cluster once i went above 125. To tell the truth, it was actually a challenge I thought would be fun/tough.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

4 different shops is my record for filling up a full set of ql 200 implants, its really not that hard.

I remember when shining creation just plain didnt come above ql 50.
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

Originally posted by SuupaSayen
    4 different shops is my record for filling up a full set of ql 200 implants, its really not that hard.

I remember when shining creation just plain didnt come above ql 50.
    oh, it came... it just skipped from 30 to 120 or so. I had to spend something like 200k for my shining cluster (QL120 or so, i think...), and this was to buy a QL120 to put in my QL50 imps. That was some suxxor!

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Talking WOW

Originally posted by Dropcid

Cluster shopping used to be a 3 day event, now it's a one hour thing. The initial happiness of that change still hasn't worn off for me, we don't need it to be even easier.

-D
    WOW You must REALLY been traumatized by your earlier experience with cluster shopping! What can I say, I hope you recover from it some time soon. I mean to be grateful for one HOUR of just running from shop to shop, clicking to see if they have the right ql clusters.

Now don't get me wrong. I don't mind so much. I am new so I can only afford to change my implants every 20 level or so.

And I am poor enough so that when I am looking for ql 70 shinning cluster, I have to search for 70-80 ql. Ofcourse all you folks with uber high level alt with money coming out of you nose, I imagine you just hit superior shops for that ql 200 shinning cluster for your ql 10 implants. But for rest of us, visiting 6 shops in hope of 1 ql 70ish shinning cluster then having to decide between next heal nano(for my doc) or paying for ql 89 cluster is NOT fun.

Anyway must be nice to be you. It sucks to be me.

The way it used to be, there was 1 terminal containing clusters per shop.

They weren't color coded, and the selection was very limited.

You'd basically run to every single shop in the game, get whatever clusters you could. Then stop shopping for the day, since the shops rarely reset.

You'd then do the same thing the next day, and the next, untill you finally had all the clusters to make your plants.

If you were REAL lucky, you could find the clusters for a full set in 3 days.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Re: WOW

Originally posted by Cowe

WOW You must REALLY been traumatized by your earlier experience with cluster shopping! What can I say, I hope you recover from it some time soon. I mean to be grateful for one HOUR of just running from shop to shop, clicking to see if they have the right ql clusters.

Now don't get me wrong. I don't mind so much. I am new so I can only afford to change my implants every 20 level or so.

And I am poor enough so that when I am looking for ql 70 shinning cluster, I have to search for 70-80 ql. Ofcourse all you folks with uber high level alt with money coming out of you nose, I imagine you just hit superior shops for that ql 200 shinning cluster for your ql 10 implants. But for rest of us, visiting 6 shops in hope of 1 ql 70ish shinning cluster then having to decide between next heal nano(for my doc) or paying for ql 89 cluster is NOT fun.

Anyway must be nice to be you. It sucks to be me.
    You'd be suprised how little money I have. My example earlier (QL120 shining MC for a QL50 imp) completely broke me back when I did it- but there was no other choice... MC clusters didn't even exist in QL40-120. I was not very happy at all at that time. It just seems to me that people don't appreciate how much better things haver gotten.

When making implants, I search a long time for the bright and shining clusters (if I can't find the faded, I'll just buy a very high QL- it's only like 1000 creds difference in price), just like you... but the difference is, that while I'm doing it, I'm happy to see different QL clusters in every shop, and every cluster in every shop.
    And yes, I think I may still be traumatized... it used to be like this:

1 terminal total.... bright, shiny, faded in one shop
    All clusters look the same
    only 25% of the clusters in any given shop
    Shops only rotate stock every day or so
    several clusters don't exist at all... (runspeed)
    several clusters never spawn in certain ranges (MC 40-110)

Making imps was a week long experience. Now it's an hour of your time.... who cares? Stop and smell the notum, there's more to the game than levelling. Personally, I like shopping. I generally find 90% of my clusters in about 30 minutes in just the shops in omni-T. I almost always get my clusters within 10QLs of my implants- except faded.

-D

Here's some helpfull hints for you:
    1. Hit omni-Trade first... I think there are 4 advanced and 2 superior shops close to each other
    2. Hit Rome Green and blue next (2 more advanced, 2 more superior)
    3. If it's been a while, go back to step 1 and repeat
    4. still no luck, hit omni-E, 2HO, newland, 20k, harry's
    5. rinse, repeat.

by the way, if you are in a guild, let the guild know what you're looking for... sometimes people will help you shop too.
    Last edited by Dropcid; Nov 19th, 2002 at 17:34:47.
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============