Thread: Bots

Bots

Before anyone lays into my about prioities I know this isn't very important, but I was wondering if there was anyway of getting your bots to check the gender of the player when they give out their little messages. Just a little strange to have my little bot keep refering to me as "Master", would prefer a "Mistress"

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance

S&M bots?

*boggle*

(Heh heh heh. . .)
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Yeah, for sure. I'd love to see more context sensitivity in the game. Its a touch that adds to the feel and interactivity of participating in this world.

A good start would be something like a suitably gendered response. Yes, absolutely. Also, its dumb that your bots call you 'master,' and any Mob you charm calls you 'master,' whether its leet, a nightcrawler, or a Disavowed Medic. Personally, I'd rather the animial Mobs and the bots just left off the subservience altogether, and the humanoid Mobs used Sir (or Madam).

Basic context sensitivity, such as gender, is the next funadamental step. Next thing is to have Bots that give you intelligent responses. Not just "I can't do that, " but "I can't do that, because ..." Then you can actually deal with the situation.

Lastly, what I'm looking for is to have an audible dialog rather than a text response from pets, bots and charmed Mobs.

Originally posted by Kenlon
    S&M bots?
    grrrr, why does everyone I mention this too think of that?

Mistress is just the form of Master for younger females (Ma'am is for older). Anyway Master is just as Much S&My as Mistress.

*realises she seems to know too much about that and shuts up*

hugs

lilnymph
    Lilnymph - Clan Fixer - RK1
    lilnymph wrote on November 21st, 2003 08:01:01:
    You may take our postcount threads, but you will never take our FREEDOM!!!!!
    Originally posted by Cz
    The post count is mine! All mine! Mwahahahah!

40.476190476190474% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?
    Style over Substance