Thread: Rubi-Ka Body of Laws Project

Exclamation Rubi-Ka Body of Laws Project

ROME – 2 November 29476

I am pleased to announce the official launch of the Rubi-Ka Body of Laws Project, an attempt on my part to enumerate and codify all of the regulations and laws, both explicit and implicit, currently of force and effect on Rubi-Ka.

There are currently four Acts available in complete form. These are:

- Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka Act, B.L.P. c.1, 28708 (4th Rev.)

- Factions and Affiliations Act, B.L.P. c.4, 28710 (2nd Rev.)

- Rubi-Ka Civil Code, B.L.P. c.9, 29470 (1st Rev.)

- Advisors of Rubi-Ka Act, B.L.P. c.10, 29470 (2nd Rev.)

However, there are total of 11 Acts, which will be added as they are finished. A complete list, as well as short descriptions of each, can be found at the Project’s Grid site, at http://www.aci.on.ca/~robc/blp

The Rubi-Ka Body of Laws Project is indeed an ambitious and daunting task. That is the principal reason why I intend to make it fully participatory. It is not a formal Faction, but a public and responsive attempt to solidify the foundations of an ongoing, perpetual society. As such, submissions from the Citizens of Rubi-Ka are not only welcomed but are encouraged, whether from Clan, Neutral, or from my esteemed colleagues with Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka Corporation.

Submissions may be made to correct errors that were made in the drafting of the legislation; to clarify a subdivision of an Act; to suggest additional sections which should be incorporated; or to suggest entirely new laws which I may have neglected to include. By no means is this list exhaustive, but please be mindful that the goal of the Project is to codify existing laws, and not to invent new legislation that has no binding effect. Full credit will, naturally, be given to those whose submissions are incorporated.

Also included on the Project’s Grid site is a legal dictionary and a glossary of terms, select legal, political and economic commentaries from myself and Citizen submissions, as well as news of legal and political interest to the general public from official sources.

As a final note, should any Citizen or Faction, regardless of Affiliation, have any questions or concerns involving or relating to the Project or any of the legislation, please do not hesitate to contact me through the various Grid channels, and I will endeavour to meet with you to discuss.

Yours very truly,

Malcom “Alamexis” Age

Chairman and General Counsel
    Rubi-Ka Body of Laws Project

((OOC: This is my attempt to provide an additional dynamic to the RP world of Rubi-Ka. The substance of the Acts were derived from, for example, Funcom’s AO Code of Conduct, the ARK website, Cz’s Forum guidelines and general observations about the wonderful world of Rubi-Ka. As such, with only a few exceptions (such as sections 2.2 through 2.4 of the Omni-Tek of Rubi-Ka Act, which deal with the issuance of the corporation’s shares, the transfer of those shares to OT, and the use of proceeds), nothing has been invented, created or fabricated IN ANY WAY. The parts of the Acts that have been invented are of no substantive force or effect and are inserted to “fill the holes” in the legislation. These laws are, therefore, quite real!))
    Last edited by Ammicus; Nov 3rd, 2002 at 05:52:25.

((OOC: Wonderful idea! I will hopefully be devoting a fair bit of my time to this, as I am very interested in this aspect and I believe it would be beneficial to roleplaying. If there is any other then what is stated on the site that you need doing, dont hesitate to ask.))
    Last edited by devuped; Nov 3rd, 2002 at 02:21:00.
    Reynaldo "Monilith" Griffel
    Omni-Tek
    RK1

((Very cool. I have a strictly Omni-Tek alt who would be very glad to help. Any level limit?))
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Definitely no level limit, no Affiliation limit, no nothing. The Project accepts submissions and suggestions from all Citizen of Rubi-Ka. Those wishing to take a more active part are free to join. If I receive a sufficient number of responses, I may attempt to schedule a conference/public meeting somewhere on Rubi-Ka (Reets if representation from more than one Faction will be present, perhaps Rome Park if only OTRK employees.)

W00t!

B.L.P. made the front page of AO Vault! See it here:

http://aovault.ign.com/

OOC

Congrats.
    Reynaldo "Monilith" Griffel
    Omni-Tek
    RK1

Judicial Subcommittee

The Body of Laws Project will shortly be establishing a subcommittee to determine the validity of, and to thereafter devise and establish, a civil judicial structure for the hearing of contraventions of the laws and for the hearing of civil lawsuits.

For those interested, please contact either myself or Geyraldo "Monilith" Griffen for more information.

In addition to the above, as part of the Judicial Subcommittee, we will be incorporating procedures for the arbitration of violations of treaties (peace, economic or otherwise) negotiated between or among organizations.

Any organizations are free to contribute comments to contribute to the creation of this process.

!Advertisement!

Are you delayed off-world, not being allowed to disembark on Rubi-Ka? ((worthless attempt to explain the patch IC))

Need something to pass the time? Have a read of this site:

http://www.aci.on.ca/~robc/blp

And send us some comments and suggestions!

((shameless, filthy bizzump...I know...))