Thread: Why not do it this way?

Why not do it this way?

i'm so sick of all these nerfs why cant funcom just give those proffesions who needs stuff! why cant they just add stuff so it gets more ballanced!? come on think about it! that would make people more happy than angry we all hate nerfs but we all love new things dont we?

im sure alot of people agrees with me and i know alot of proffesions wants some love
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

I feel the sameway...

If they want fights to last longer what could we do about that:

- Give all breeds more HP for every body dev points. (Like if we all had from 10 - 25k of health it would already be cooler.

Instead of nerfing the old ELLTS:

- Make the ql400 VE drop (Make them v.hard to get please)

Those are just small examples, I'm sure I could come up with a good counter for every nerf they propose..

I agree

Nerfs is the easy way out, and tends to make things more unbalanced than balanced. The easy way is often and usually not the best way.

Funcom needs to fix the bugs, and take a good look at the different classes to see what can be improved. Starting to loose interest in Anarchy Online for each patch note.

New items are cool also, and dont put them all on Tarasque.

nerf or not, people will whine and complain either way. They'll scream for nerfs because one profession got something that another didn't and so on. It's a vicious circle, and until everyone learns to be thankful that we get _anything_ at all. People are always gonna complain, scream nerf, scream fix, or whatever happens.

There is no end.

-Slick
    Slickblue - 131 2he enforcer rk1

Anyone else feel like blitzing their office for the paycheck?

My Woman

notice: GAHH! I hate typos, so this is a pre-edit note, if its edited, then UBER MASTER TYPO KING Slickblue has done it again.. :/

Originally posted by DrZatan
    I feel the sameway...

If they want fights to last longer what could we do about that:

- Give all breeds more HP for every body dev points. (Like if we all had from 10 - 25k of health it would already be cooler.

Instead of nerfing the old ELLTS:

- Make the ql400 VE drop (Make them v.hard to get please)

Those are just small examples, I'm sure I could come up with a good counter for every nerf they propose..
    Giving all breeds more health would totally fubar PvM. FC should stop screwing around PvM for PvP. PvP has been and always will be broken for many reasons. It is impossible to balance class to class. Titles are a big reason for broken PvP. They nerf bracers beacause of PvP. Bracers were useful in PvM.
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Wink

Its really easy to find the solution for pvm being screwed cause they increased health for all classes. Its a simple math formula I learned in 6th grade..

It would take me about 22 sec to fix the pvm problem if the code is not to complicated...

Because the other way is going to cause just as much complaint.

If 1 thing is more powerful than 15 others, is it easier to make the 15 better or the 1 worse?
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    Because the other way is going to cause just as much complaint.

If 1 thing is more powerful than 15 others, is it easier to make the 15 better or the 1 worse?
    that is so very true.

Beeing nerfed is not fun, but sometimes it is neccesary.

the more they touch things.. the more stuff gets unbalanced.. and that means more nerfing... its a neverending cycle
    Nitex - lvl 184 trader
    Etin - lvl 191 ma
    Etinx - lvl 196 doctor

Look. This isn't a classroom optimization problem, where all the parameters are well understood.

Balance requires adjustment. Since they *don't* know all the variables, all they can do is push it one way, see what changes, and respond to those changes. Sometimes the easiest way to make that push is a nerf, sometimes a boost.

So quit complaining about balancing, because it'll never stop, and it never can.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.