Thread: Removing the title? Good or Bad

Removing the title? Good or Bad

If FC removed the title, would it be good or bad? Just wondering what everyone think about this. I think there would be more pvp if there was no title in this game. People wouldnt mind being killed by a (insert title) and wouldnt freak out everytime they die.

Maybe pvp would get better however increasing title is the only high lvl content other than fighting for tarasque loot.

Wouldn't want to see all the hard work go down the drain.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Maybe you shouldnt lose points when u get killed. That would solve the problem and we would see more different titles.

In my case it wouldn't matter.

I still run when I'm close to dying and still run after the victim if that person is about to die.

Just hate ending up at the reclaim twinning my thumbs for 4-5 minutes before I can do something again.
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

Originally posted by Insida
    Maybe you shouldnt lose points when u get killed. That would solve the problem and we would see more different titles.

No. We'd see everyone with Grandmaster. Titles would no longer be an indication of PvP skill, 'cause you can get killed 500 times and never lose points, then by happenstance win a few duels and get a new title. Someone with that many losses doesn't deserve even a Freshman.

And yes, I realise they're little indication of skill nowadays with all the farming and lame crap that's going on. But hopefully you see the point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftyr View Post
    Die? Plz? NOW!
    Dark Front Better Than You™, Since 2003

Originally posted by Chuck

No. We'd see everyone with Grandmaster. Titles would no longer be an indication of PvP skill, 'cause you can get killed 500 times and never lose points, then by happenstance win a few duels and get a new title. Someone with that many losses doesn't deserve even a Freshman.

And yes, I realise they're little indication of skill nowadays with all the farming and lame crap that's going on. But hopefully you see the point.
    One word:

Titlefarming
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

sure wouldnt like titles to be removed, as said by many others.. its the only "fun" thing high lvls have.. except tara then i guess..

and as for title farmers, people usually know who they are, get proof, get them banned. Or whatever..

Dun care bout titles... when there's no fun in killing clannies for me anymore ... I cease pvping ...

don't care if I end with neo title or title-less...

as sjoko said, i´d still run when loosing cause res-time sucks and running round for buffs sucks too.
    soldier Punkbum
    trader Punkbumm

Get rid of titles for one on one.

Titles for team pvp only.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

/me ganks pat ;D

*shrug* I wish they made some sort of list with more than top 10. Perhaps a top 100, with points instead of titles.
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

LOL

Originally posted by Sjoko

One word:

Titlefarming
    Two words bud . Title Farming; pretty sure "titlefarming" isnt a word in any dictionary ive seen .
    Famousduck - 220/22 Soldier
    Mechaduck - 220/8 Engineer
    Dubiousduck - 185/2 Doctor
    Oomstamp - 74/7 Twink Soldier
    Johnelway - 49/5 Twink Soldier

I think they shouldbe removed.
    As much as I hate that game, a lot can be learned from DAOC's pvp system. NO penalty for dying in pvp, no loss of pvp title/points/rank. Keep a toplist on the webpage or on some billboards ingame of the top point holders and a way to check your own points, and maybe add a ability purchasing system or omni/clan faction ranks.

Re: LOL

Originally posted by Drysack

Two words bud . Title Farming; pretty sure "titlefarming" isnt a word in any dictionary ive seen .
    Sorry, dumb atroxes makes mistakes too
    regards
    Inge
    Hjemmekinosjef.

I'd like to add my opinion here. Maybe to add your win/loss record in your character information [shift+left click]. So, you would read someones info and see how well or poorly that person actually does at pvp. No titles, just records. Oh, and also show how many clan or omni a person has killed.
    Millard "Zzzzzz" Peak - Adventurer
    And 5 other gimps too!

"I've never been so thirsty in my life!"
    - Half Baked