Thread: Where is everybody?

Where is everybody?

Hello,

I've been away for about seven months now and thought I'd come back and see how things are going.
    Like the changes so far, and it's as stable as it used to be (ie, not very).
    But I have to ask...Where the hell are all the people?
    While I'm not surprised that all my old online buddies have either left or started new characters I don't know about, I'm just shocked, shocked I say, at the sheer lack of people around Omni-1.
    Did everyone go clan and/or neutral, just abandon the city, or did a ton of people abandon the game?
    If you've been around a while I'd like to know what happened so I can decide if I should just leave again myself.
    By the way, I was on RK-1

Dude wheres my car?
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Inside.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Well, at least I know the jackasses are still around...

Hey rumble, most people hang around Omni-Ent now. It's ALWAYS packed. Rompa's bar is a big spot now to hang out too. Baboon's has lag issues for some people so it's mostly empty. Hmmm, let me think...well, Entertainment district is where there's always people so pop on by.

Lots of people in omni-ent, omni-trade, and newland city. Also near grid term in Tir.

Maybe it's because of that Transatlantic cable problem...
    What server are you on Iceman? I seem to remember on RK-1 people hanging out by Bronto Burger near the whom-pa to Trade.
    There's barely a handful there now.
    Guess there are just new "hip" spots. I don't know, it just never felt so barren before...

You might be on at different times then the "masses."

Sometimes bb will be packed with folks and other times it's barren, but it's still a nice place to sit once in awhile.
    Millard "Zzzzzz" Peak - Adventurer
    And 5 other gimps too!

"I've never been so thirsty in my life!"
    - Half Baked

Yes, it's pretty calm when it's around noon for me, but also I live in an odd little European country whose name I'm ending up not dare to mention.

The lag issues in baboons are so bad that I'm really not sure it's only a distance problem... someone wants to do a survey on this for me though and give me the results next week?

But I agree that some places are now completely deserted, or not far. Rome used to be packed one year ago... now if you run in a shop and there are 2 people instead, *this* is a crowd in Rome. I can't exactly remember since when new chars can begin their 'careeer' in Rome holo-grounds again, but it didn't really solve the problem. Oh, you may find the hills near ROme Blue, in Galway Shire, quite crowded almost all the time, but that's only because people there kill mechdogs for Alvin's and Fixer Grid's quest

And there still are too many people near Tir Grid exit... so many you'll wish there were less.
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Unhappy

They're all at the mission terminals...

Yeah, I guess you're right. My memory of how things "used to be" is colored by time. Perhaps it is no different now than it was then. Sure there are less people, but it may not be as thin as I think it is.

Thanks for the comments guys. Not often were my posts acknowledged in the past...

Wheres the cheese at? Inside! Inside!

Do you mean to infer I am a dumbass?
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Originally posted by Oldskule / Ternak
    Wheres the cheese at? Inside! Inside!

Do you mean to infer I am a dumbass?
    no. you yourself do.

Originally posted by reality
    They're all at the mission terminals...
    No. They're already in the mission. With the cheese.

What's the difference between a dumbass and a jackass?

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

RumbleFish said: "Maybe it's because of that Transatlantic cable problem...
    What server are you on Iceman? I seem to remember on RK-1 people hanging out by Bronto Burger near the whom-pa to Trade.
    There's barely a handful there now.
    Guess there are just new "hip" spots. I don't know, it just never felt so barren before..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm on a beast machine flying on a T1 line, i have no lag there. But 'most' people do, so i don't hang around there since it will be empty. Saturday nights it's usualy packed.

Originally posted by Demenzia
    Yes, it's pretty calm when it's around noon for me, but also I live in an odd little European country whose name I'm ending up not dare to mention.
    Really? Now which country could that be? I'm also from a little country in Europe, but it's not very odd, so that's probably not it. Vatican City, perhaps? That's odd
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

Question

I've been hearing a lot of people complain about the "lag" in Baboons.

Does anyone using a Geforce4 Ti experience this "lag"? I don't have any problem with Baboons at all. But when I was using my old video card I did have problems with poor framerate and system performance, not lag.