Thread: Arena and pvp ladder ideas

Lightbulb Arena and pvp ladder ideas

*How things are right now*

- People jumping into each others fights withought being invited (gank)
    - Run away when about to loose
    - Getting help from another party when dueling
    - Outside buffed when agreed on self buff
    - Insta grid when about to loose
    - farming and fighting own side for titles (samething to me)
    I'm probably missing alot but you guys already know all of that already.

-- - -- - - - -- - --- - - - - - --- - - - ---- - - - --- - -

*How I see the arena being more fun*

I would make arenas duel only with a nice system like the one to make teams (click on someone and he either accepts or declines, if he accepts, hes got 15 - 20 sec grace then the duel starts.. DISABLING ALL outside buffs and locking him in the arena). For arena duels I would disable running or getting out of the arena (fixer grid out). Also I would make it so you can only duel the same guy twice in a month if you win both times. That way the loosing party wont constantlyl comeback for more giving you more easy points, he gets a month to get beter gear/tactics for another set of rematch.

For the point system, I would take off titles for arena dueling, instead I would implement a Ladder system on the website (www.anarchy-online.com). And I would make it possible to see who beat who and who lost to who on what time. Keeping track of all that stuff SHOULDN'T be to hard I believe. That way clanners could duel clanners withought risking to loose titles, and we could see whos ducking who to get to number 1 spot.

Funcom still have to balance the classes a bit more for a thing like this one be good for every professions.

If you got any feedback or ideas please, feel free to bump me ill update the thread if it gets big enought
    Last edited by NoWay; Oct 19th, 2002 at 18:28:35.

DISABLING ALL outside buffs

Not possible.
    1/ If someone of the same profession buffs you, I don't think game can detect it.
    2/ You can get mochams and wrangler, cast uber buffs on yourself. Only mochams and wrangler will be canceled, you still get your own buff.

Arrow

I think its not as bad as being self buffed against someone that agreed to duel you thats running 14 different buffs that dont show... Anyway... Thats IMO.. Or maybe arena could delete all buffs in the grace period, and you would get like a 15 - 20 sec to buff up :-|

Thx for bumping

I like the idea to have a self buff only arena (one arena, not all arenas), but I still think it's not possible. 15-20 sec to buff is enought for some professions maybe, but not all (when I was playing my MP, at lvl 130 ish, I needed like 2-3 minutes to buff).

I'm sure they could come up with and easy solution for that. Even if they gave a 2 min grace period to buff it wouldn't be that bad. The reason why I'm saying that is when you go to arena, I have to ask to about 8167 people before I get a single duel going. Everyone is standing there doing nothing but wait...