Thread: Undamaged roller rat tail

Undamaged roller rat tail

i started finding these in missions today, anyone know what im suppose to do with them?

Well, *I wouldn't know from experience*, but they probably attach to the back of your ass-less chaps!

rofl!
    Born on: Wed Jun 27 15:39:10 2001
    Slavor, Soldier, RK1

Sounds like QUESTion.

Look for Tirbo Ratcatcher just outside of West Athens, at 327x359.
    *Atlantean*
    Firelle, Veteran of Valor Eternal
    Babylon, Plasticity, Sumeria, Senzi, Nefret, Haloed, etc.

*Rimor*
    Vivaryn

Cyclophenia - Played on GSP! Support Viredan's musical creations so he can buy more Plummo!

I am amazed..

How do you sniff up these things?

I must be a total nerd, never knowing how to make things, how to find special loot and stuff.

I play a lot, but never find any hints about such stuff.
    All I've ever learned come from lurking these forums..

/me feels like a leet*

maybe people won't yell at me for opening chests anymore if these tails turn out useful

JK i'm not a ninja,

Originally posted by Intrepid
    maybe people won't yell at me for opening chests anymore if these tails turn out useful

JK i'm not a ninja,
    lmao
    President of Total Chaos
    ~ Nikita "Vikie" Destiny ~

Home of Total Chaos

My Small Army on Rubi-Ka 2
    Vikie Agent | Nanojaq NT | Phaz Fixer | Jaqulinne MA | Vikineer Engie | Vikita Crat | Vikiz Trader

- On your world, one plus one equals two. In our universe, one plus one equals one -

Originally posted by Hajkster
    Vikie seems to be one of the only intelligent people in this thread...

I hope someone can tell me what these things are good for... I've got 2 in the bank at the moment. They show as a QL SPECIAL, so I'm guessing there must be SOME purpose for them. Anyone out there that can shed some light on the tails?

Thanks,

Daeva

Originally posted by Daeva
    I hope someone can tell me what these things are good for... I've got 2 in the bank at the moment. They show as a QL SPECIAL, so I'm guessing there must be SOME purpose for them. Anyone out there that can shed some light on the tails?

Thanks,

Daeva
    My understanding is that you can get a low level quest from Tirbo Ratcatcher mentioned above and exchange the rattails for some metaplast armor.

you are all ninja's

Cal

P.S. any ninja's wanna sell me one? :P
    ..ANARCHY ONLINE..
    ALIENZQUEST
    Storm

It's a *very* low level quest item, used to complete the missions that Tirbo Ratcatcher gives out. He's outside the gates of West Athen and only gives out missions to extremely low level characters. My level 14 Enforcer could get the missions, my level 21 Nt couldn't. In order, the missions give:
    • Cyber armour helmet
    • Another piece of Cyber, gloves IIRC
    • Full set of Metaplast
    • Flak sleeves
    • Flak boots

After that you get the same response he gives to any higher level characters who try to speak to him - Tirbo actually shouts abuse at you in vicinity...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EDIT: There's some variation in the mission rewards, it seems. The full metaplast set still drops, but might take four tries instead of three. The other armour pices are random, by the looks of things. Still a very good way to start off your character's life though.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers,

~R~
    Last edited by Soyuz; Sep 26th, 2002 at 13:10:23.

hmmmmmm

For sale: 2 undamaged rollerrat tails.

I think the other cyber armour is probably the legs, since the legs and helmet are not available from the party mixer in Newland.

Pretty stupid if this is sub level 20 only, the cyber armour probably goes up to QL 50 (like the NEwland bits) and I have a fixer friend whos found 2 tails while he was levelling from 48 to 50
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

The drop is random. You can do it repeatedly over and over again. Over this weekend I managed to get 3 full suits of Metaplast and 7 various other armor pieces. (I had ten rat-tails). Some people have gotten the Metaplast suit on the third, I didn't get it until my 5th tail and then on the 7th and 8th tail I got the suits again. I did it at level 9 so I can't tell you when this maxes out at.

hmm.....guess 19 of them was a waste of time then? lol my lvl 8 enf has 19 roller-rat tails & 6 grunt dog tags so far. My 22 fixer has the "watcher of tir" ring from the tags

/me takes the tails to that guy

Looks like there is a level limit on this guy giving you the mission.

My level 28 buddy got the mission, but he wouldnt give it to my 33 crat.

Assuming he does give out the 'missing' parts of living cyber armour, and these parts also go up to QL 50, I think its a bit off that he wont give the mission out to people all the way up to 50.

The tails seem to be inthe normal loot tables as a level 50 fixer guildie has found 2.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

From what I've heard the cutoff is around 30. It seems Warlock's findings suggest this as well.

What I'm curious about is the Full Metaplast suit seems to have been adjusted with the last patch. I tried 20+ tails last night and was only lucky enough to get single pieces of armor.

Rat loot not chests

Originally posted by Intrepid

JK i'm not a ninja,
    Well, actually these tails appear in Rolerrat corpse loot not the chests just so you know just loot em first if its on team loot all or ask the guy who had the chance to loot if there was a tail in the loot

I think he meant from the frightened rollerrat that opening the chest sometimes releases.

Is there an Omni version of this quest?