Thread: Obscene amounts of money being spent on RK2

Obscene amounts of money being spent on RK2

A certain person on RK2 keeps buying all the scopes and other extreme high priced items on RK2. After doing that one would think that he would run out of money, but each time he bids an even more obsene amount of items and credits for them. I haven't ever seen this person selling items in game and I don't see him selling items out of the game either. What's up with this?

actually it's pretty simple:

he rarely buys things with credits, but rather with items. Check out when he wins, it's always with a bid of xxxxx items valued at yyyyyy creds. He's in a perpetual state of trading until he acquires what he wants.

In order to achieve that he would have to find someone that wants to trade with him. How does that happen if he isn't offering his services either in or out of the game?

Maybe he's using /tells and private messages?

Maybe he is. I don't know. That's why I asked. He must be dealing with someone. Hoping to hear from these people that he is selling the items to. Is there something funny going on here or are there actually some buyers that go looking for him to pay more than they have ever paid for any item, since he paid more than anyone had ever paid for the item to buy it?

Has he sent you any tells asking if you wanted to buy some stuff? He hasn't sent any of my characters any messages.

I don't even know who we're talking about.

I was just saying that public channels and forums aren't the only ways to communicate on AO.

Did you not post this exact message on the trade boards. i find this very rude!. THe person I think your talking about lord your information does sell items but he doesn't make them public knowledge. I purchased something high price from him recently and was very happy.

Summerbreeze 200 Fixer
    Enginemaker 203 Engineer (Retired cause new bots SUCK!)
    Vetgirl 177 Doctor Retired (See Why)
    Bigbunns 156 Enforcer (semi-retired.)
    Malams 150 Soldier
    Lumisolem 134 NT
    Hiddenfear 112 Agent
    OhNoNotHim 42 Martial Artist (BOW)

Levels: 1164
    Characters Nerfed To Oblivion: 3

"We see the light at the end of the tunnel and indeed it is a train, of mobs, that just mowed our crappy 201+ bots down and are comming for us."

No, I didn't post something just like this on the trade board. If someone else did it just goes to show that there is enough activity going on to cause the question to arise in more than one person's mind. If you even know who I'm talking about then its clear that the activity is sufficiently abnormal to justify asking the question. If you had to make a guess between 3 or 4 guys then maybe I'm just way out in left field.

I can think of 3 people, no problem.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Obscene amounts of money being spent on RK2
    maybe it has something to do with Org bank cred bugg?

everyone heard about the bugg butt has anyone been banned for it yet? i havent heard of any one getting banned for it so i guess everyone got away with it?
    JapellaZ
    Bureaucrat

'If you think you finally found the perfect light... i hope it's true' -Belly

even if not....just going thru ql190-200 missions killing all the MAs and Agents looking for Soul Fragments, opening chests for chest loot, killing bosses for boss loot + mission money rewards can net u a LOT of money easily. Soul Frags now easily sell for 20m+, X-3, Albrechts, etc...all go for 1mil+ prices...and for say...a fixer with GA and high runspeed, or NT with NS and fixer's GSF buff, it just ain't hard to make tens or hundreds of mil in a short timeframe. if i bother to play the game for maybe 6-8hrs a day, and i bother doing missions all the way...i'd make 10-15mil per day easily just soloing 50% difficulty missions. and i dont' even have NS.
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

Originally posted by Japella

maybe it has something to do with Org bank cred bugg?

everyone heard about the bugg butt has anyone been banned for it yet? i havent heard of any one getting banned for it so i guess everyone got away with it?
    If I remember right ... and rumors are true ... at least "Nikki Dial" and "Cloudeh" were banned because of this bug. But these are know only, because they were very active members here in forums. I am pretty sure that there is also other "morons" who are banned, but Funcom doesn't publish who they are.

Org bank cred bug shouldn't be possible anymore, because org bank is currently disabled or at least bug is fixed (haven't checked banks loooong time). So, if someone is exploiting, he shouldn't be able to do it through org bank.

Originally posted by Resetgun
    Org bank cred bug shouldn't be possible anymore, because org bank is currently disabled or at least bug is fixed (haven't checked banks loooong time). So, if someone is exploiting, he shouldn't be able to do it through org bank.
    The emergency patch about a week ago disabled the org banks, so I assume things have been going on until that patch came.

when i first heard about the Org bank credit bugg, FC said all involved would be banned or something... i thought major people and Orgs in this game would crumble over night... other than Cloudah and Nikkidial i havent heard of anyone else getting banned or any Orgs falling apart... everything pretty much stayed the same... or maybe i just didnt notice...?
    JapellaZ
    Bureaucrat

'If you think you finally found the perfect light... i hope it's true' -Belly

Originally posted by Japella
    when i first heard about the Org bank credit bugg, FC said all involved would be banned or something... i thought major people and Orgs in this game would crumble over night... other than Cloudah and Nikkidial i havent heard of anyone else getting banned or any Orgs falling apart... everything pretty much stayed the same... or maybe i just didnt notice...?
    I haven't notice any ingame chances either, but I guess that reason is that I don't hang out normally with that kind persons who think that it is "cool" to exploit. Quick check to exchange forums shows, that prices seems to be much more reasonable now (no more 1000M bids). Unfortunately it also seems like that credits are not valued so much anymore - most of trades are done by trading them to another valuable item