Thread: Event-Triggered Macros

Event-Triggered Macros

I came up with this idea during the team mission I just finished.

Here's a brief summary: messages and/or nanos cast when certain events occur (attacked, attacking someone/thing, health or nano reach a certain level, etc.)

A couple example uses that could really be appreciated:

ON HealthPercent BELOW 20:
    SAY TO CHANNEL "Team" "I NEED HEAL!"
    CASTNANO "Healing Aura" ON SELF

Or maybe something like:

ON NanoCast "Demotivate" (a mez nano):
    SAY TO CHANNEL "Team" "---%t MEZZED, DO NOT ATTACK---"

You get the idea...that's more a psuedocode look at it, but hopefully you still get the idea.
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

Hmm... Not sure I like this idea.

While I wouldn't mind a little more flexibility in the macro system, the additions you propose would make it very easy for people to create some perfect battle script, optimizing every aspect of their gameplay, eliminating the possibility for mistakes and acting on the spur of the moment... Basically, it would allow people to hit a key and sit back, watching the pretty pictures on the screen.
    Vanguard Mharc. Self-equipper extraordinaire no longer. I'm back!

What he said, and stuff...if this were possible, a talented scripter could basically execute a script in a team mission and walk away.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

or be like an enforcer..hit q and watch tv

Understandable concerns...but if the reactions are limited to what can currently be done by a macro, it might be less of a challenge to abuse.

That'd mean cutting the 'CastNano' action, of course, but I could live with that.
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer