Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Characters Ever the Same?

Im looking at swapping out some of my mk2 for S08, alas I gotta be level 180 just to get into my ql200 stuff. FInding lower ql is not easy. QL200 drops alot from team mission bosses. Easy to get a full set of ql200.

As for the 14.5 armor?

the ql 220 stuff?

Only an opiphex willbe able to wear that stuff.

A fully buffed nanomage just cannnot get into ql 200 periodic armor. It aint gonna happen.

I dress for style. I wear biomech armor, with MK2 gloves because they are almost identical to the biomech gloves. The green goes nicely with my red hair, and the style is neat too

That said, when I'm fighting, I throw on an albrecht tank instead of my webcloak. Extra nano is a good thing.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

kupo's but its hard for a nanomage to get into biomech isnt it?

Originally posted by Emiko
    kupo's but its hard for a nanomage to get into biomech isnt it?
    Not really, the 'high' stat is psychic (good for nanomages) and stamina is quite possibly the most easily buffed stat in the game.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Strange. Last I heard, corona didnt give you 3500 hp. *shrug*

Of course, you're right...mostly because my number for my buddy's HP had a typoed first diget in there.

Corona adds almost 1000 HP. That's a big deal. It's a 25% improvement on what I have now.

The fact that "An Ace could easily hit me for that much in a single hit." is precicly why it is so important! AC doesn't mean jack toward the latter part of the game, and surviving is usually based on how much HP/NP you can accumulate. (Mk II + Eggs + Albrecht, etc...)...

Because of the limited amount of high-end items that do this, most high-levels have almost identical equipment. Now, as stated, some people prefer SO8 gear...but that's not any different, really. It's still same-ol' same-ol'...

There are maybe 2 or 3 templates that 95% of all high-level chars follow. I think that was the point of the original post...and I think it rings sadly true.

-Jayde

And that's where I have to disagree. The 'latter' part of the game doesn't consist of mobs found in team missions. Outdoors, there area lot of bosses/minions who will NOT hit you for min damage in corona. AC is very important. But, I suppose that is really just a matter of opinion.

I do think corona is great if all you're doing is mission after mission. But as I said earlier, anything is great in that setting...and you can really wear whatever you want and survive easily. It has been a long time since I even bothered watching my hp bar in a mission.

But yes, you are right. The general armor layouts are either corona or so8 or black armor/kirch vest. Those are the three most common. Never disagreed on that. Just saying corona isn't all that people make it out to be.

Well, there is also a common contention that AC after a certain point isn't working correctly anyway...but I haven't had the time to really look at that much. =)

Of course, uber or not...lots of people still use Corona/Albrecht (if I got a buck for every Atrox, Corona/Albrect, Alloy/Pipe, Enforcer I've ever seen...whew... lol) a lot. So, it just tends to make most folks look the same. (Or similar.)

-Jayde

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12