Thread: A few things that you might want to repair...

Post A few things that you might want to repair...

Here is my list:

1. Retool and Compress NCU do not refresh the nano if it is running, we have to dump all of our buffs just to recast it.

2. Update team members with mission coords does nothing at all.

3. Trader mind control does not end when the mob dies; what are we controlling for 8 minutes while frozen in place?

4. Lag is still present in many places making the game unplayable depending on the area you are in.

5. Items still vanish and reappear in inventory randomnly.

Suggestions:

With this high-tech world, we should be able to:

1. Map out places we dont know by going there. I can do this now with a GPS device from Best Buy.

2. Helmets that give us a HUD; things that show us auto levels, life, aggressions, etc. The tools that now do this should be able to be put in your helmet.

3. Actual machine gun fire; The weapons in the game now are not even as good as what I can buy on the street from the guy on the corner.

Talrenos

Re: A few things that you might want to repair...

Originally posted by Landover
    1. Map out places we dont know by going there. I can do this now with a GPS device from Best Buy.
    Hey your ideas aren't bad, but I'm curious about this.

You mean to say a consumer GPS device allows you to "map out" the terrain and objects and details just by you travelling to places with it? Like you walk down some residential street and it maps all the houses on it; the size of their backyards, etc? Kewl!

Martek

2. Update team members with mission coords does nothing at all.
    Update team members works fine if you were all in the team when the mission was taken.

3. Trader mind control does not end when the mob dies; what are we controlling for 8 minutes while frozen in place?
    Trader mind control is just silly. FC should remove it and get to work at making AC/Nano drains more useful. Oh, and make skill drains actually effect the NPCs. And add some nifty new drains like NR and damage shield drains.

4. Lag is still present in many places making the game unplayable depending on the area you are in.
    Welcome to online gaming. Things have gotten a bit better though, even in BS.

2. Helmets that give us a HUD; things that show us auto levels, life, aggressions, etc. The tools that now do this should be able to be put in your helmet.
    To hell with that, give us implants that do that. And implants that will let us get a reading on the AC of an enemy, etc.

3. Actual machine gun fire; The weapons in the game now are not even as good as what I can buy on the street from the guy on the corner.
    AO is a game.
    Expecting it to match real life is foolish.
    The best you can get is to have it be internally consistant.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Re: Re: A few things that you might want to repair...

Originally posted by Martek-SLAG
    Hey your ideas aren't bad, but I'm curious about this.

You mean to say a consumer GPS device allows you to "map out" the terrain and objects and details just by you travelling to places with it? Like you walk down some residential street and it maps all the houses on it; the size of their backyards, etc? Kewl!

Martek
    Heh, I mean a GPS and a paper and pencil

If I can buy maps to upgrade, it seems silly that my advanced computer on my character cannotremember where I have been.

Landover

1. Retool and Compress NCU do not refresh the nano if it is running, we have to dump all of our buffs just to recast it.
    Known bug, in the queue for a fix, no ETA.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

On the subject of mapping, your computer does that when you go into a mission site. So why not have some persistant memory on the things?

And why not have mission maps persistant as long as you have the mission key? Leave the playfield for any reason and your map gets wiped.