Thread: Credits

Exclamation Credits

I got a quick question, how does one obtain mass amounts of credits, i see people bid 200mil credits on items!!! I don't even have 10 mil! Im a lvl 73 agent, and well i want to buy a full set of steel ribbed armour and a llts but I CAN'T afford them. Can somone clue me in on how to make money, any tips on how to go about doing this would be apprechiated. Also where does mk armour drop? That sells for a lot, maybe to much somone plz just clue me in as i have no clue
    "I came here to kick some *** and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum."

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, The beginning and the end, the first and the last"

Killer 66%
    Explorer 66%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 13%

its cause after lvl 100 there are no more nanos to buy there is no armour to buy there is no anything to buy except nano rechargers coupled witht the fact that mobs are giving loot which is more and more valuable and you get more off their corpse. If at level 74 you have 10 mil then you are doing VERY well.

There are a few really rectal way of making money early in the game. How ppl still enjoy playing though is beyond me.

That aside when a high level player decides its time to start and new character/profession then he or she will dump a stack of money on it from the start. Grease the wheels as it were. Thus it can appear to you that someone lower level than you has bucket loads of money.

Like Intrepid said from about 80-90 on wards you'll find the money situation ease out quite a lot. I managed to assemble enough creds for a yalm at level 85 ish, that brought me back to just about 0. 10 levels later and no power levelling or team missions I have 5ish mil back in the bank and nothing to spend it on.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Talk about it... I blitzed like hell to afford a Yalm, taking missions to 4 holes from BS and other stuff like this... Now I guess I just need a break. Even if I'm broke. Well it's not like I need to buy weapons and armors anyways, so...
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Many ways to earn money..
    1. pharmatech .. turn monster parts to plasma (witch sells very well)
    2. Blitzing for Items.. This use to be hot before the Battle suit price nerf.
    3. Begging .... eh gads lets not even go here.
    4. Guild... Well have to say my guild has funded me several times..
    5. Doing exclusive stuff... aka pulling ql 58-62 missions for high level people so they can get their PPPE's
    Q u o t e:
    ((OOC))

Pardon me for hijacking the thread, here..

But, Brion - if you don't want your mother to know you were up and on the computer at 3:29 in the morning - DON'T post on a forum that she reads.

Busted.
    Grounded.

From the WoW forums. best PWNAGE EVAH!!!

Any LLTS worth having (9% or greater) will cost a lot by virtue of not being available in game any longer. The supply is dwindling as players with them either keep them or cancel their accounts. If you want something that's 8% or lower a Vision Enhancer is the way to go, IMO. The 9% and higher scopes are in very high demand, including by players more than twice your level.

If you want to make money, here are my suggestions:

1.Try to buy as little as possible from other players and don't buy anything from machines save recharge packs and the like. I've never played an agent but I was under the impression they were one of the classes that could get their own gear via missions (sneaking).

2.Buy low, sell high. Most of the time, though, you won't see that many great deals so this one seldom happens.

3.Get items that other people want and sell them for a good bit. There is obviously a huge list of things that could go here, so I'll just throw a few things out: QL10 Concrete Cushions, QL22-25 OT Windchaser M06 Quartz rifles, QL160 6 slot belts, QL121 Poliziotto Druid guns, certain grafts, etc. You have to watch the forums and the channels to know what to get.

4.Blitz missions for money. As an agent you probably cannot blitz them but should be able to sneak higher level missions. If you're looking to sell to players, look for items they are sure to want (QL125+ nanos, Flowers/Obtru/Omni-Pol Elite armor, certain weapons, etc.); if you're looking to sell to machines know what items sell for a lot (battle suits, most body armors (esp. the female Waitt), the newer Anima nanos and some other newer nanos, etc.). At the lower levels I blitzed stuff to sell to players; now at level 159 I find I make more money per unit time by selling to machines (1M/10 minutes or so).

Keep in mind you won't be able to compete with an alt of a higher level player. After a certain level (it depends on the individual and class, somewhere between 80-100 for most people) you should be getting enough money to outfit yourself with good gear even if you buy from other people. And past some other level (hmm, 130-160?) you will have equipped yourself with QL200 gear everywhere (armor/weapons/implants).

Even so, a few very high level players (190+) are similarly "poor" (< 10 million) and can't seem to figure out how to make more money.