Thread: sheep and shepards

Arrow sheep and shepards

How about adding some tame herds of sheep, that do nothing as you kill them? Then a very high-level shepard who will kill you when he sees you doing this. And some dogs that run around in circles doing the same. With a little AI this could be a lot of fun.

uh... or you can just fix some serious bugs that has been around for awhile...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Re: sheep and shepards

Originally posted by resistance
    How about adding some tame herds of sheep, that do nothing as you kill them? Then a very high-level shepard who will kill you when he sees you doing this. And some dogs that run around in circles doing the same. With a little AI this could be a lot of fun.
    Sorry but I can't imagine sheep, a herder and a sheepdog being in a Sci-fi game, sorry to burst your bubble

Sheep and sheepdogs?

Now, where did the big bad wolf and the three little piggies go? FunCom is as likely to bring them into AO as they are a herd of sheep and a sheepdawg.. In other words, not at all.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Arrow contrast

My original idea was to make them look tame and then they turn into pirahna-like attackers once you hit one of them. Of course they are genetically engineered so they won't be normal sheep.

Doesn't really matter since I'm starting to get tired of all the bugs, might quit soon...

YOOHOO???

Can ayone say Ottous, who are being guarded by the Yuttos???????

They have been around since like day one?? There are your sheep and their herders...
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled
    This account was cancelled at:
    2004-05-10 06:47:01
    It will remain playable until : 2004-09-20 08:20:45

Time for RL now

Meet Fluffy

What about the Bronto herds (Harry's comes to mind) and the Brontocatcher that aggros anyone who attacks one ? Same thing...
    Omni.

Arrow contrast and the unexpected

Yea I thought of those, but somehow sheep just really fit in. They look calm, peaceful, you know - just wouldn't expect them to turn on you. You don't expect to see them in a sci-fi game, yet that's what sci fi is about, the unexpected.

Re: contrast and the unexpected

Originally posted by resistance
    Yea I thought of those, but somehow sheep just really fit in. They look calm, peaceful, you know - just wouldn't expect them to turn on you. You don't expect to see them in a sci-fi game, yet that's what sci fi is about, the unexpected.
    /agreed

"Electric Sheep"
    Omni.

My original idea was to make them look tame and then they turn into pirahna-like attackers once you hit one of them.
    Those are already in-game and known as Omni scum, often found lurking in meetmedere. Not so rare spawns so you have a good chance of seeing some.

On a serious note, sheep? shepards? lol your post reminding me of one i saw ages ago asking for deer and other real wildlife to bring a sci-fi game a more realistic view, and me thinks you've watched the lost in space movie with those cute little buggers/nasty scary things to much
    Lothra - Nanomage MP
    Lothera - Solitus MA
    Nocri -Nanomage Adv and loving it
    Occu -Solitus Doctor
    RK-2
    ---------------------
    In a former life..
    <Keipyur Mitzov-darkelf rez-bish>
    <Occulis-Barb Shaman>
    <Ocura-Erudite Shadowknight raar!>
    <Suva Roo-Gnome Wizard>

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Or just the bronto camp in Agean? With the alpha males and female dog mobs? Maybe get funkbomb to put a bronto drover there for you and then make a level 30 toon to enjoy it?