Thread: arena

arena

this is just my opinion...i know im gonna get bashed by all you eq haters but they have a pretty good dueling system. the two people dueling would have to type /duel and they would go about dueling..anyone that steps out of the arena is considered the loser and would suffer the consequences of losing...pvp ranking. this prevents people from "running" or gridding out and it also prevents ganking.

It's a good idea, much like one I (and others) have suggested in the past, but more similar to Diablo 2's system where you had to declare war on someone in a safe zone (75%) and couldn't begin fighting until you were both in the warzone (0%), and maybe after a grace period too. i.e. you can't attack someone in 0% unless you've told them before they entered the 0% zone that you're going to attack them

I like the idea of running away from a duel and losing points, except for Fixer evac (and no I'm not a Fixer). That's one of the Fixer's perks and thus they shouldn't be penalized for using one of their nanos. But running away from a duel both parties agreed on should be punishable. So many times I've gotten people to 10% health and they flee from the arena just to hug their title or what-not.

Though, I don't see Funcom changing the way this works any time soon. I think they like the whole "Anarchy" theme (can't understand why ). Maybe they can introduce something like that in other zones where you can go to have real duels and leave all the gankers at the arena ganking each other.

--Tsk

Arenas

And thereby ruin for people who like to gank!?

But Seriously this is what I want the Two Arenas to be Like

Omni Ent: A big Tower, where only two fighters can stand up on and fight each other , with stands all around this tower where spectators can sit and watch and wait for their time to enter and fight if they want to fight at all, I want big futuristic adds, like for bronto burger etc, I want sound , I want to hear people boo and cheer on the fighters, I want dancers dancing around the arena on their own separate towers high up in the air. Bellow the pad or tower where the fighters are there should be big spikes, and falling down on them should lead to instant death, no running, no training , true gladiator fighting to death. This would also eliminate the threat of gankers and runners like me, and only people who truly enjoy to fight to death would fight..

Tir: I want this arena to be like a pit, where only two fighters or team vs team can fight and around the edges of this pit I also want spikes so if anyone runs into them they die , I want the spectators to stand above the pit and throw stuff at the fighters down in the pit, I also want dancers and different kind of advertisment for like mongol meat etc...but more clan style on the whole thing and not as high tech as in omni of course.

Neutral Arena: Then I also want a arena in neutral ground somewhere, one more adapted to range and stealth, like for agents and rooters etc, I want this to be like a indoor playfield..a maze, a dark maze with red lights and **** hehe..where the fighters run around inside, and I want the spectators to sit like around this building inside...but behind glass watching the fighters run around..just like in the creation chamber....the two fighters start in two different corners of this building and then they have to run around and find each other....

Ahaehaeheahaeheahaehhaeheahaehaehaeha ahehaeh
    Meeeiiooow mrauuuuu prrr mrr mraauuu miiiiww meow
    Last edited by Blade / Silke X; Sep 23rd, 2002 at 08:47:49.

Talking But then I wouldn't be able to...

Area Root and Run and watch people get ganked.....and yell BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEfffff as they send mean Tells and send Yells

Actually, i think Silke's ideas r awesome. It'll never happen but one can dream...
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

I like it how it is, standing in 0% or 25% should be a risk. It is a war between clan and omni and if u see a omni close to tir arena etc u shouldn´t feel safe, that should just screw PvP...
    moon meeh

Re: But then I wouldn't be able to...

Originally posted by Akaris6
    Area Root and Run and watch people get ganked.....and yell BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEfffff as they send mean Tells and send Yells
    what a shame you wouldnt be allowed to act like an arse... darn. what a loss to the community.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

lower the gase to 25% every wher or do what silkex wants cous that is a kick arse ide
    w00p w00p!!