Thread: 14.5 weapons even? Maybe not.

14.5 weapons even? Maybe not.

I was checking out the new weaps in the dadabase and ran across Nophex Plasma Destroyer II.

Gee the stats on this look very similar to the stats that use to be on the Blood Bat. Please also note that it only takes a 901 skill to equip it. Where the Bat takes 1101? WTF

The Slayerdroid Crystal Claw seems more potent than the other new melee weapons. Too bad we don't have any Piercing buffs to help with the 1112 piercing req.

The MTI Martins Simple AR01 seems in line with the other weapons as far as damage, but again, there is only a 956 req on it.

The Pain of Patricia seem to have a more even req of 1051, but note the damage of 40-520 (380). (note the crit is over 100 points higher)

The Master of Combustion seems right in line with both damage and reqs. No complaints here.

The Kick Pistol has unnerfed damage of 1-480 (540) and a req of 901 pistol that is made more even by a 1001 burst/fling req. The Diamondine Kick Pistol does the same damage while having a burst/fling reqs of 741 & 501 respectively.

All of these weapons have roughly the same attack and recharge speeds

My point here is that in the name of "balance" we may have nerfed some melee weapons while not looking at other weapons closely enough to see the big picture.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want any other weapons nerfed! I just want some of the goodness returned to the Blood Bat/Mace.

Your thoughts?
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Um Blood Bats can be multiwielded and have a lot of specials. If you think that bat was nerfed too much just be very happy it made it in some shape or form into the game. Melee gets Flurry of Blows, with 40-480 (500) any melee weapon with 3-4 specials is going to own way too much in pvp. Especially when you are duel wielding them.

Also they were made enf. only, so don't get upset until you see how it all balances out in the game.

As an agent I *should* be upset the x-3 is the best rifle in the game and any prof. can use it. Same would have happened with blood bats. I know I would have used it with my advent.
    Old Isgrimnur Timer - Ranger
    Glen Sago Schmeisser - General
    Marky Kenidy Mark - Master Assassin Retired@200
    Bling Isgrimnurr Bling - Chairman and CEO

"Have you ever wondered, when you check loot and see NODROP, if it is not supposed to be dropped, how come the mob dropped it? And if the mob can drop it, why can't I?"

Rumour from the test server folks is that the Nophex Plasma Destroyer II did not even make it into the game in this patch. If that's the case there will be alot of very angry Soldiers. (not like funcom cares though)
    Last edited by Kyroku; Sep 18th, 2002 at 07:19:32.

I certainly don't think they should be returned to their original stats. They were very overpowered. I do think the crit should be a bit higher and the reqs should be a little lower. There are other ranged weapons on that list that can be multi-wielded as well.

Sure there are other people using your weapon, but when was the last time you saw an Enforcer hit for 10k damage? Anyone? Anyone?
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Nophex has a split attack rating (AR/RE), can't be multi-wielded, has less specials than the blood bat. Still gonna be a good gun, and soldiers deserve a good gun.

MTI has NO specials, can't be multi-wielded, but might be an excellent grind gun for soldiers. (quick switch, good base damage, reasonably fast).

Pain of Patty is also a damn good weapon. Still, only two specials, not 4, and 1150 MR is pretty much impossible, whereas (I think?) 914 MM might be doable.

MoC has a RIDICULOUS FA req, at least until soldiers get FA buffs. It's unequippable in its current form. Somebody was smoking crack when they designed this one. Be a damn good gun though, with that minimum damage and FA, if someone could equip it.

Kick... heh. Show me someone who can get burst and fling over 1001 simultaneously. No, really. NOT easy. May not be possible. Probably isn't.

Diamondine Kick is probably uber. Needs a reduction, though I thought Kink mentioned it was being reduced. Even then, it still only has 2 specials to the Bat's 4.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Kiryat-Dharin

Thanks for response on both threads. A well thought-out rebuttal. Thanks for the info about Soldier FA reqs.

I think that some of the reqs on these weapons need to be looked at again. Perhaps if we really do get ql 220 implants some of these reqs might be a little more possible.
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

@Obitus..

Pls recall that soldiers don't have a nano line like the challenger line. We can buff our AR skill with 20+60+50 +(132wrangle).
    And Ranged Energy with 20+70+50 + (132 wrangle).

If im not mistaken ur challenger the highest adds 197 to 1hb&piercing. (Yes i do know its a short term buff only .. still)

+BT 87 1HB +20 +wrangle 132 for that case. So considering the equipping side u can boost ur skill way more then we can.. hence the lower reqs and therefor the enf weapons get higher requierements. Not to mention that our gun is a hybrid using to skills for determing attack rating.

Another thing regarding the nophex is.. Melee weapon specials cycle faster. Burst is a kinda slow recycling attack. Think the div9 cycles at 30 seconds with 1 second recharge time.

Regards.
    ----------------------------------------
    Nyleve, lvl 220 Soldier
    DocNyl, lvl 210 Eternalist
    General of Legion

Originally posted by Nyleve
    If im not mistaken ur challenger the highest adds 197 to 1hb&piercing. (Yes i do know its a short term buff only .. still)
    Yes, it does add 197, provided you have the highest challenger. It is self only and with the nano-lock, it is a bit impractical for alot of situations. I used mine to equip my beam, but rarely use it in a fight.
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

yes.. but i was meaning it in terms of equipping guns. Challenger is useless in most cases.. specially pvp against a rooter. (as is TMS for that sake). Once u have it on. U might not get OE with it.. I don't have the exact enf stats since i don't play one. And after all .. it is a high lvl content patch. And u prolly can get mochams to get the challenger off. And not having the nano at lvl 170+ i consider lazyness by the high lvl player who hasn't cared getting it
    Nyleve, lvl 220 Soldier
    DocNyl, lvl 210 Eternalist
    General of Legion

nm
    Last edited by Cudus; Sep 22nd, 2002 at 05:31:49.
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

Originally posted by Obitus
    I certainly don't think they should be returned to their original stats. They were very overpowered. I do think the crit should be a bit higher and the reqs should be a little lower. There are other ranged weapons on that list that can be multi-wielded as well.

Sure there are other people using your weapon, but when was the last time you saw an Enforcer hit for 10k damage? Anyone? Anyone?
    Seen 10k sneak attack several times... yes, Atrox enforcers sneak attacking, with a lead pipe or whatever it is

Lead pipe sneak attack for 10k damage? Fear the plumbers among us.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!