Thread: NCUs Made by Trade Skills Recipe

Lightbulb NCUs Made by Trade Skills Recipe

1. Get Notum Nugget (NN) of QL=q1
    2. Use Jenson Ore Extractor on NN -> Raw Notum (RN) of QL=q1
    3. Use Isotope Separator on RN -> Refined Notum (RfN) of QL=q1
    4. Use Neutron Displacer on RfN -> Notum Crystal Fragment (NCF) of QL=q1
    5. Repeat 1-4 to get NCF of QL=q1, q2, q3, q4
    6. Combine NCF q1 and q2 -> Notum Crystal Segment (NCS) of QL= min(q1,q2) = Qa
    7. Combine NCF q3 and q4 -> Notum Crystal Segment (NCS) of QL= min(q3,q4) = Qb
    8. Combine NCS Qa with Qb -> Notum Crystal (NC) of QL = min(Qa,Qb) = Qf
    9. Purchase NCU Casing from trade shop machine.
    10. Combine NCU Casing and NC -> NCU of QL Qf

Worthless unless you can buy QL 200 notum fragments in stores.

Another pointless tradeskill because it costs more(4 rare QL 200 notum frags) to make it than it does to find it(QL 200 NCU ~ 2mil)

Might be worth looking into though. I know carbonrich rocks are easy as pie to find these days. If something like this were implemented, adjust the drop of the raw material a bit. I think any time you allow crafters to make something that the whole population can use, it's good for the player economy.
    Good, bad... I'm the guy with the gun.

I agree with Tal Cerav. Creating Nanos was pretty useless when it was first implemented, but it is a worthwhile tradeskill now ... why can´t that be the case for new tradeskills as well?

And tradeskills should offer a nice alternative to mission running or sneaking ... to me they are one of the more social aspects of the game.

As for the NCUs .. maybe the crafted NCUs could give slightly more bonus than the shop bought/mission loot ones (*gasp* that would be useful after all )

How about just make the notum chunk/nugget/whatever thingy () cost alot in shops? Like 500k for a ql 200 or something like that. Then getting them wont be nearly as big a hassle.
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2

That'd be very nice for engineers since they're one of the few profs that can't blitz/mez/sneak missions. Most other people can just wait till they'r lvl 112 or 154 and get all the ql 200 ncu they need.
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

I've tried building Bodum-Larga NCUs, but without any recipe that proved to be a liiiiiittle bit harder than I had thought.

I asked a GM about them, he said 'they are in the game' but didn't elaborate, as that would have been giving spoilers.

I heard the Bodum-Largas did occasionally drop from mobs a long, long time ago, but I've never heard of them in the game apart from one such note.

Anyone have information that will allow the construction of Bodum-Larga NCU? I've tried all the combinations I assumed were logical for creation of BLN, but no luck.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Anyone have information that will allow the construction of Bodum-Larga NCU? I've tried all the combinations I assumed were logical for creation of BLN, but no luck.
    watch em need ql 190+ soul frags
    Suupaslap Master 10th Dan--Rk2
    Smugglerguy Ickle baby fixer--Rk2