Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Question for the rich...

Originally posted by Saruzi

Back in late October there were those Pumkin heads harassing the newbies. You have not really played AO unless you and your team of lvl 20s is surrounded in a shallow lake but at least 20 Pumkin head monster which it only takes one to kill you. Those things made my day, every day.
    OMG that was awesome back then

I was still playing my very first char, an agent. At lvl 12 I went hunting in omni forest for em, found one and ran to the barracks. I realized I was in trouble when the guards there took a LONG time to kill them
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Yes those pumpkins were sweet, a soldier and me just barely managed to kill one for each of us over at 20K so we could get into SoM. We thought there was something fubar wrong when we were not alone in there and we went like "Hey what are you doing in my mission?"

I have spotted some true newbies now and then playing with one of my lowlevel test toons. They don't beg for cash since they have some pride, they want to know how to play the game. Typical questions are, how do I find my mission? Or one poor soldier asking me if he can buy a better gun from me for 538 credits since it's all he's got.

Talking to a newbie brings back nice memories like "Kewl dude, he's got liquid fire all over his body! How cool is that?"

Vitnirs

Cool Heheh, those were the days

Remember the first time you saw an Anun Tearer (or rather, the first time an Anun saw you)? After having run scared for hours through large parts of unchartered territory - mapless, lost and alone in Avalon or Aegean? Ooooh.

I'd like those days back, hopefully 14.5 fixes that - if noone is left camping tir grid/ft or comparable omni areas looking for teams and missions, there will be a lot less players left for the beggars to pester =)

(Yes, I'm STILL an optimist)
    The Lion Banner sways and falls in the horror-haunted gloom;
    A scarlet Dragon rustles by, borne on winds of doom.
    In heaps the shining horsemen lie, where the thrusting lances break,
    And deep in the haunted mountains, the lost, black gods awake.
    dead hands grope in the shadows, the stars turn pale with fright,
    For this is the Dragon's Hour, the triumph of Fear and Night.

Robert Ervin Howard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234