Thread: Fix zoning out of newbie zones

Fix zoning out of newbie zones

I hate having to try to zone 3 times or more to leave a back yard

FIx this

It's an intermittent problem. Most days, zoning is fine. Once in a while (yesterday being a case in point) zoning is a problem. The root of the difficulty doesn't reside anywhere in the Anarchy code, client or server, but in the occasional network difficulties that any large network of machines is prone to.

Cheers,

~R~

I only seem to have this problem with the TIR backyards

I have the problem with shops and mission entrances too.

Which can be a bother when entering a mission is the only way to save my hide from the trail of Ancient Nightcrawlers I have on my heals while running to a blitz
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

I have had this problem with back yards since day one. From the monster area of the back yard ---> the area with the bank and nube mission enterance to be more precise. Exiting out of the area with the bank into the city is normal.

Any time I try to exit the monster killin area of the backyard it will do that freeze thing where nothing happens for 30s then it'll boot me back to the backyard. I can run against the zone wall for like 20-30s at a time before it will try to zone. And it takes 2 or 3 (or more) trys to zone out every time.

Not a big problem considering I havn't gone into the nube area since months ago when rk1 was down and I was giving away mad money to all the bereft rk1'ers logging onto rk2 out of boredom . But still an annoyance.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Fix this.. do u rely want the new players to witnes this??
    the first thing that happens 2 them is a non working zone could scare away anyone
    w00p w00p!!

The problem is that the 'zoning area' is positioned a little bit away from the invisible wall. Run up till the 'wall' and you have a random chance of zoning, depending on lag and such. Stop 1 step before this 'wall' and you'll zone every time. The fix is simple - extend this 'zoning area' all the way to the 'wall'.

I have that problem in tir BYs on every server RK1 2 and 3. I do always get through on the second try though but your right is annoying.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix