Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Player made missions

Here's something interesting.

The Mission Creation tool ALREADY checks for nodrop items.

Go ahead, try to put your MA move or Yalmaha in as a reward.

You can't.

That said, I wonder what the exploits were.

Some answers there, maybe, Cz?
    Tonitrum - 215/21 Fixer

Originally posted by Technogeek
    Here's something interesting.

The Mission Creation tool ALREADY checks for nodrop items.

Go ahead, try to put your MA move or Yalmaha in as a reward.

You can't.

That said, I wonder what the exploits were.

Some answers there, maybe, Cz?
    Last time I remember playing with the player made missions was during beta. The bug I encountered back then was if you created a mission and the person didn't complete it in the time allocated, the reward you offered got caught in a loop. So the system kept returning the reward you offered to you over and over and over and over and over and...

Never tried em when they were activated after release
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Another reason i want to be able to have 6 missions at a time is to prevent me to fill up my ram with useless info when I have to zone back and forth between the mission terminal and the mission location. I pick all my missions from Tir. Why? My apt is there and I always log in my apt. if I dont I am bound to return on top of someone else and I might even crash if the zone is crowded enough.

And since FC are unable to make the mem flush properly that 'old' info will keep stacking. Just check it when you log off. The more you have played the longer it takes for the blue bar to get done.

Also I encounter a rather surprising thing after a full days of playing and blitzing. My memory was full!!

This have never happened before. I got 512 MB Ram, and any other game flushes the mem after use. (maybe not to 100% but atleast it flushes it)
    General Thoram of the Twin Sun Syndicate

Talking Hey Darkbane

Darkbane, you just don't get it do you? Yes, gimme six missions in a row since last night I was doing 3 missions in 30 minutes. With that time frame hell yeah.

Hehe, well, I will just take what you said as a joke, but honestly, yes, lemme grab 6 missions if I want to. Just makes it all the same easy.

I would like to see play created missions returned.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Arrow Re: Hey Darkbane

Originally posted by Varfleet
    Darkbane, you just don't get it do you? Yes, gimme six missions in a row since last night I was doing 3 missions in 30 minutes. With that time frame hell yeah.

Hehe, well, I will just take what you said as a joke, but honestly, yes, lemme grab 6 missions if I want to. Just makes it all the same easy.
    Oh good, maybe *someone* actually noticed the ... *sighs*...

Of course I can think of several reasons to want 6 missions at once, but I suspect FC doesn't want you to do that...

I never realy understood how the player made missions worked, (i startes just before they went) but itd be good if you could set a mission to kill someone then if that person accepts they are open to attack by the person who has the mission all the time no matter where they are, then if the mission times out the target gets the reward and obviously if the person is killed the owner of the mission recieves the reward. I can see this is an impossiblility, but i can always hope

Or just forget the reward and have it be for fun. Something a higher level friend can give to a lower level, for something fun to do. Or were the exploits not related to the reward?

it would be great to see these missions return

Speaking as leader of a relatively small org (21 members at time of writing) i would like to see these missions return so that for example if i had an item i knew that someone was crying out for then i could set my guys a little challenge which would result in them getting this little something, whatever it may be.

Obviously i could just hand the item over but wheres the fun in that?

I feel it is good to instill some kind of work ethic in your members if only so they dont become jaded and lazy.

Doubtless i could spend millions on buying yalms for people as they cannot be obtained in missions any more-i got a yalm on one of my earlier characters in Feb this year and i was pleased but it did not give me the satisfaction that buying my yalm on my nt did because a lot more hard work went into this-unlike with my enf where i found 2 yalms in the space of a few hours

Naturally there will be those that disagree and want everything handed to them on a plate-these are not the type of people i want in my org.

My point then is this-i have gone out of my way to help people to grow to become what they want-and indeed i have enjoyed watching them grow to become useful citizens but i would have had a lot more satisfaction(and i hope those involved would too) if i could have set some of my guys a test for that uber coat, gun, nano whatever that they needed to finish themselves off then its better for me cos i feel like i have encouraged them to do something and its better for them cos they learn not to take everything for granted.

Thankyou for your time,

Love Riz

headspin (144 nt, leader of TheReturn)
    bringthecash(59 trader bronto armor maker)
    bringthegore(58 enf-got too fat and is stuck in his apartment)
    headonismis(32 mp-everyone hates creations-using them in spite)

please give them a Break

Hello all !!!

The reason these booths are out of commision was Duping... cash exploiting... No drop ( which they fixed with the = Special thing )... and it was being used as a bank machine..

People would put cash in it ... items in it and then take them out later.. now at first it sounds harmless .. but it could hold unquies and was being used to dupe more cash.. and Items..... For FUNCOM to really sit down and fix a problem like that... it would take so time .. which they dont have time, with all the other people trying to exploit what they can.....

man everyones got a Yalhma .. but me and I have been playing since day 3
    i give most of my stuff away and i dont get past level 50.. but i know almost every place on Rubi-Ka.. i have walked and swimmed ... now all thats left is to FLY

So .. if they get it in the next patch Cool... but i would rather wait to make sure none of the old exploits or anyhing close to it is being used on it

TILL ALL ARE FREE !!!!! -{ Littledr }- RK1

Good for RP

Player made missions would also be good to enhance RP scenarios.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12